Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Dual - Boxing LOTRO on 1 PC

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before but i cant find an answer on the site.

I am trying to run 2 accounts of LOTRO on 1 PC but when I open the second client it just says that LOTRO is already running. Im guessing im not the first person to try and dualbox on 1 PC but has anyone got a way around this yet?

Cheers

2 installs or just 1? if you're trying with just 1, try installing a 2nd copy and run from that

when i try and install a second copy it only has repair or uninstall because it can detect the first installation. unless there is a way to install a second copy that i dont know.

try just copying and pasting the entire directory, then create a new shortcut to the new launcher and name them differently

will give it a go, cheers.

Default LOTRO 2-boxing

Not for me, I tried copying the entire directory and then launching from 2 different locations and it still gives the message, lotro launcher is currently running. I have the opportunity to play alot at work so 2-boxing is really helpful. I play a GRD/MIN combo on Silverload but can only get one going on one comp at a time, would love to get both running on one comp. I have no problems running with very limited graphics either if that is whats needed when I finally figure this out. . if theres even a way around this yet. Anyone have any luck or advice on what to try next? Thanks a ton.

Lindin 50 grd

Mayax 50 min

2 Installs works, what you have to do is make a short cut to the second install and click one, then click the next, so both launchers come up at the same time, then enter your info on both and enter them near teh same time, that way the clients are booting at the same time.

If you plan on using keyclone, it will not work on multiple instances of Rings on the same box. In order for keyclone to work, rings has to be in the foreground on the PC.

Keyclone may have changed since I have been using it (I 4 box rings with 4 PC's)

Keyclone rocks BTW

Default Confirmed it works!

I just copied my main lotro directory and it does in fact allow me to run two instances of lotro on one computer. Here are some basic step by step instructions:

1. Go into my computer and find where you installed your Turbine game folder
    2. Open said folder and right click on the lord of the rings online folder (select copy and paste within your turbine folder)
    3. Depending on the machine, you may have to wait a bit for it to copy.
    4. When it is finished, open the new folder and find the Turbine Launcher icon (should be about 2.11 mb) and copy that to the desk top.
    5. Click your original copy of lotro to start the program, then click the new turbine launcher (your computer may ask you to unblock or block turbine so please allow it to access the internet.
    6. You should be able to play two instances of lotro on one box now. I am now dual boxing my warden and using a lore master for help. Cheers

MAC