Close
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Showing results 71 to 80 of 111

I know there was some discussion on passive fit Ishtar and I came up with this fitting.

Ishtar - C5 WH Test.jpg

Turn on DC II and then micromanage Sentries. EFT for some reason does not have the accurate range for the Sentries but it does hit at 80km but at a possible 50% and once below 72km it is hitting for almost the full damage output. You can use the Rails if you want but like others have mentioned its only an extra 100 dps.

9 of these and 2 Basi for support. Warp in deploy Sentries. Basi lock up all 10 pilots, Start Cap transfer, lock up targets and sit back and watch for armor damage. Rinse and Repeat.

I am not sure if a off grid booster with links is necessary as just a squad booster adds a little bit to everything. Thoughts?

What do you think on the fitting and idea?

looks good, definitely better then my VNIs but thats not really a suprise :P the extra mid and t2 resist profile really makes a difference tank wise. if running full ishtars then you probably dont have to use links, it might be needed to tank core strongholds though since they got a wave of 5 heavy volley battleships.

Squad boosts dont really matter since its only 5% hp to shield/armor and 5% bonus to inertia/scan res, while links add a ton by giving faster and more effective reps while lowering sig which reduces dps some. as long as you have more then 8 characters i would always prefer to bring links over another dps pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzuule View Post
    looks good, definitely better then my VNIs but thats not really a suprise :P the extra mid and t2 resist profile really makes a difference tank wise. if running full ishtars then you probably dont have to use links, it might be needed to tank core strongholds though since they got a wave of 5 heavy volley battleships.

Squad boosts dont really matter since its only 5% hp to shield/armor and 5% bonus to inertia/scan res, while links add a ton by giving faster and more effective reps while lowering sig which reduces dps some. as long as you have more then 8 characters i would always prefer to bring links over another dps pilot.
    What would be a good booster if I would to go with 8 ishtars, 2 basi and one booster with links? Any good fittings for that booster ship?

I have come to the conclusion that I want to try 1 of the 3 setups. What I do know is that I will have 11 accounts in order to fully utilize the Logi being able to lock up 10 pilots at a time. Reduces time to switch reps. I am still debating if I want to have a booster with links or not. I guess it would depend which route I will go.

First option is 9 ishtars fitted the way I posted a couple threads up with 2 basi or 8 ishtars, 2 basi and one booster with links. Not sure yet.

Second option is to try the ishtar setup in my first option but transition to the Droneus setup. I don't think a booster with links will be needed but I will have to train for Basi and Guardians which will take longer to do.

Third option which I am kind of leaning towards because not a lot of people have said they have done it is the 9 Tengu setup I posted earlier with 2 basi. With that setup I just don't think having a booster with links in place of the 9th dps ship would make a difference as they are already high buffer tanked with good dps. Only downfall is burning through ammo which the payoff of not having to worry about nuets or tanking the sites would be well worth the effort of bringing in ammo every once in awhile.

Has anyone ever multiboxed tengu in a c5 wh before?

for links you need shield/armor and skirmish, although you could do fine with just shield/armor but skirmish does add some tank. also without links your 2 basi might struggle with tanking core strongholds if you plan on doing those, strongholds have a wave of 2500 dps with high volley and the basis have a EFT dps tank of 1900 omni dps, thats of course not counting the low signature. With shield links that tank goes up to 2500 and the sig goes so low that the cruise missiles barely put a dent in you compared to the ishtars.

For running without links i would go with guardians, that 70m really makes it tank nicely.

for links you need shield/armor and skirmish, although you could do fine with just shield/armor but skirmish does add some tank. also without links your 2 basi might struggle with tanking core strongholds if you plan on doing those, strongholds have a wave of 2500 dps with high volley and the basis have a EFT dps tank of 1900 omni dps, thats of course not counting the low signature. With shield links that tank goes up to 2500 and the sig goes so low that the cruise missiles barely put a dent in you compared to the ishtars.

For running without links i would go with guardians, that 70m really makes it tank nicely.
    As a matter of interest, with either the tengu or ishtar setups (9 2) or the eos/ gila setup, how much isk per hour are we talking as a whole and which sites can be done? I am debating whether or not this could outproduce my current incursion squad for less isk investment.

atm i do 800m in blue loot and average of 150m in salvage an hour with ( effectively ) 6 ishtars and 2 basis which without links can do core garrisons ( which are the ones im basing those numbers on as they are the best for blue loot and easy to run ), quarintines and oruze. im sure that doing 8/2 dps/logi and having a salvager would give you more isk an hour then 9/2 dps/logi, but that does split your attention a bit. Then again you can just salvage at the end or not at all.

you can probably run the stronholds too, i just dont do it cause i use mostly VNIs for dps, you could definitely do it with links.
    Last edited by Alzuule : 09-16-2014 at 04:39 PM

atm i do 800m in blue loot and average of 150m in salvage an hour with ( effectively ) 6 ishtars and 2 basis which without links can do core garrisons ( which are the ones im basing those numbers on as they are the best for blue loot and easy to run ), quarintines and oruze. im sure that doing 8/2 dps/logi and having a salvager would give you more isk an hour then 9/2 dps/logi, but that does split your attention a bit. Then again you can just salvage at the end or not at all.

you can probably run the stronholds too, i just dont do it cause i use mostly VNIs for dps, you could definitely do it with links.
    you said 6 ishtars, is that you just molding the dps from running 9 vnis?

nope thats running 1 ishtar and 5 VNIs, so i guess its more like 5½ ishtars due to the occasional range issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobsalt View Post
    As a matter of interest, with either the tengu or ishtar setups (9 2) or the eos/ gila setup, how much isk per hour are we talking as a whole and which sites can be done? I am debating whether or not this could outproduce my current incursion squad for less isk investment.
    Based on everything I have learned from this thread and personal experience your looking at an investment of about 3 billion take or give based on market prices for a 9 dps 2 logi setup being tengu or ishtars as they are both priced relatively the same. Now you could also run them with 5x domi and make just about the same but with a much less investment. Isk/hr is going to run you about 1 billion isk an hour which ever setup you go with.

Now, just like incursions you have an optimal setup for example navy apoc to NM's for best isk an hour. Now total investment for incursions is going to far exceed the setup in a c5 wh in regards to ships and fittings. Your also still going to make about 100 to 110 mill an hour per account still equating to that 1 billion isk an hour running incursions. I estimated the cost of the NM setup with 2 Logi to be right around 15 billion isk. Now the optimal setup in a C5 wh is to run your own capital fleet. You could run the entire thing with a minimum of 3 accounts with a more flexible setup of 5 accounts. Total investment with that as I ran capital escalations as a corp not solo was about 15 billion isk. But on the flip side when you get good at them and know what your doing you can run a c5 site every 7-10 minutes. Each site is 600-750 mill with blue loot and salvage. Thats roughly 5b an hour with a minimum of 5 accounts making 1b per account per hour.

That is my goal in the long run to have enough investment to run escalations in a c5 wh. Now you also have to remember that you can also have a set of alts doing PI (which is not a multiboxing thing) for extra 450m isk a month per pilot. Keep in mind you still have to fly these expensive items to market and sell them. You also have to pay in the upwards of 500m an a month in pos fuel. Lets put it this way, with just 4-5 people we were making on average of 80b isk a month on a casual play time.
    Last edited by K'man : 09-16-2014 at 06:16 PM