Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default New to multiboxing, need some guidance

Hey guys,

After taking a brake from gaming for 2 years or so, I am interested with the latest release of D3. I also want to try out multiboxing. I've read through many of the threads on here, but I still have some general questions if you don't mind me asking.

1 - It is easier to multibox using the same class vs different classes. The down side is that there won't be much in class synergies! I do enjoy tinkering and playing around with class synergy, but I understand that it could be more difficult with regards to keybind and sending command to different classes. Is it that much more difficult multiboxing with multiple classes? When it comes to sending command, how much more complicated is it to control different classes? Is it that big of a HASSLE? One advantage of doing multiple classes, is that eventually I can go play those class by themselves in single player mode. So that's one huge plus imo.

2 - Reading through some of the thread, it seem that even with class synergies, people are recommending just brute force with one class. Is this true?

3 - If I were to multibox with one class, what class do you recommend, and why? Most threads recommend class that can AOE and Range, so pretty much DH. I've seen recommendation for WD, but with so many pets on screen, people are saying that this will lag out ur computer drastically.

4 - Any other links or advices that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome, glad to see more ppl interested in multiboxing. Now to your questions:

1. Yes it's easier to multibox with the same class. Just like u said, keybinding is a lot simpler but also, there are far less synergies. A mixed party with different classes is far better choice but can be challenging depending on the class. I've been playing with mixed parties for quite a long time now and I don't really find it that hard. Sure u have to spend a decent amount of time to define your build and keybinds, but after that, is not that complicated. Keep in mind that gearing a mixed party is a lot harder, reason why is a lot better to start with a full party of the same class in order to gear them all faster.
    2. For beginners yes, its the best idea to start simple with 1 class. IsBoxer is not that complicated, but has a ton of features and trying to make things work for the first time can be tricky. Add on top of that the complexity of different keybind per class, will slow your learning curve considerably. Take your time with single class, get to know the IsBoxer (remap keys, round robin, target groups, etc.) and then try mixed parties.
    3. WD is by far the easiest class to multibox. Sure 2.1 is pretty bad for petdocs, but still, T6 is very easy and relaxing. Yes, too many pets will lag u, but u dont need to have ALL pets from ALL WDs. Balance the amount of pets in your party, have other WDs without them and with more CC. Also WDs are easy to gear and pets do ok until Greater Rifts 30+. WDs can do pretty good with yellow items alone, so it's a good choice. DHs and Wizards are great for AoE, but those will require full 6 pieces sets in order to be that good. Without 6 piece sets, they will prolly fall behind WDs. You can also try a melee class, but dsync issue (characters running all over the place) can be a problem. Monks are in pretty good spot right now, but again, they need 4 piece set. To begin multiboxing, I still suggest 4 WDs. Get to know the software and then try other things.
    4. Well, there's plenty information around here, in IsBoxer forums and Youtube videos. This forum is not that active, but still, the few of us who are active, have quite some knowledge and experience multiboxing, so we can help u out

I've multiboxed with all classes so far. Right now I'm doing 4x DH for speedfarming (Ubers, Key Wardens, Trial Keys, gems to rank 20 or so, etc.) and 3x Wizards + 1 WD for higher Greater Rifts. IMO, those are the most efficient classes right now.
    Last edited by Devile : 09-11-2014 at 10:56 AM

[edit] Disregard. My apologies. I was thinking this was WoW (didn't notice the sub-forum was Diablo).
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 09-11-2014 at 02:47 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Welcome, glad to see more ppl interested in multiboxing. Now to your questions:

1. Yes it's easier to multibox with the same class. Just like u said, keybinding is a lot simpler but also, there are far less synergies. A mixed party with different classes is far better choice but can be challenging depending on the class. I've been playing with mixed parties for quite a long time now and I don't really find it that hard. Sure u have to spend a decent amount of time to define your build and keybinds, but after that, is not that complicated. Keep in mind that gearing a mixed party is a lot harder, reason why is a lot better to start with a full party of the same class in order to gear them all faster.
    2. For beginners yes, its the best idea to start simple with 1 class. IsBoxer is not that complicated, but has a ton of features and trying to make things work for the first time can be tricky. Add on top of that the complexity of different keybind per class, will slow your learning curve considerably. Take your time with single class, get to know the IsBoxer (remap keys, round robin, target groups, etc.) and then try mixed parties.
    3. WD is by far the easiest class to multibox. Sure 2.1 is pretty bad for petdocs, but still, T6 is very easy and relaxing. Yes, too many pets will lag u, but u dont need to have ALL pets from ALL WDs. Balance the amount of pets in your party, have other WDs without them and with more CC. Also WDs are easy to gear and pets do ok until Greater Rifts 30+. WDs can do pretty good with yellow items alone, so it's a good choice. DHs and Wizards are great for AoE, but those will require full 6 pieces sets in order to be that good. Without 6 piece sets, they will prolly fall behind WDs. You can also try a melee class, but dsync issue (characters running all over the place) can be a problem. Monks are in pretty good spot right now, but again, they need 4 piece set. To begin multiboxing, I still suggest 4 WDs. Get to know the software and then try other things.
    4. Well, there's plenty information around here, in IsBoxer forums and Youtube videos. This forum is not that active, but still, the few of us who are active, have quite some knowledge and experience multiboxing, so we can help u out

I've multiboxed with all classes so far. Right now I'm doing 4x DH for speedfarming (Ubers, Key Wardens, Trial Keys, gems to rank 20 or so, etc.) and 3x Wizards + 1 WD for higher Greater Rifts. IMO, those are the most efficient classes right now.

Thank you for your sound advices. I do agree with you that I should start with single class multibox. I do have follow up questions if you don't mind.

1 - Why do you advice on starting out with 4x DH over 4x Wizzards? I've asked other people, and they recommend 4x Wizzards instead. Would you mind explaining things with a bit more detail?

2 - Do you know of any other forums that has more active members and focus on multiboxing? IsBoxer forum?

Thanks again for your help.

1. I suggested to start multiboxing WDs since they are easier to gear and perform very good even with only yellow items. U can start with DH if u want but they are squishy and don't deal much damage compared to other classes, unless u get M6. I agree Wizard is easier to multibox than DH.

2. IsBoxer forums, that's about it.
    Last edited by Devile : 09-11-2014 at 03:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    1. I suggested to start multiboxing WDs....

Whoops, my fault. :-)

Second vote for Witch Doctors definitely for a first class just leveling to 70. It allows for a lot of room for error and to get a feel for the game, as well not as gear dependent.
    From there you have a lvl 70 that you can now power level other classes if you choose to (since the game really shines at max level). Also you earn Blood Shards which you use as currency to gamble on for specific items. Some users do this to gear up other classes since you can play the well geared character and spend it on the not so well geared. Albeit this might be a bit slower than actually just playing that class.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz