Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default thinking of returning: Pally and 4x Disc Preist

Does anyone have any videos out there or advice if a pally tank and 4x Disc priests are viable PVE team for multiboxing top 5 man raid dungeons? Will they be able to do those successfully?

How do 4x priests do in pvp battlegrounds?

For PvE, absolutely viable. Your kills will be a little bit slower, as Disc Priest damage isn't great compared to a pure DPS class, but you will hardly have to worry about direct healing. I've not run a team like that myself, but have 2 5 man teams with Disc Priests as the healer; and they mostly healing through Atonement, and I have no real problems.

BG's has it's own complications, working around not having /follow will be your first challenge, if you are fine with that part, then just remember that healers tend to be targets, but if you are good at PvP then it's just a matter of coordination.
    <Aperture Science Academy> ~ Khaz'goroth (US/Oceanic)
    6x 5 Man Dungeon Teams (2 at 90, 4 at 85)

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:
    2x Wizards, 2x Witch Doctors

Check out my YouTube channel for some 'boxing vids!
    http://youtube.com/user/theOlz83

Thanks for the quick feedback. I thought pally and 4x Disc priest would be the easiest to play and that is rather important for me, but survivability and speed to clear and level is also important

Would it be easier or add in another type of char or maybe a shadow priest or 2? I really wanted to have a 2 or 3 button press type of pve team for fun when wife and kids go to sleep

I have only 1 team at 90 so far, doing heroics and stuff, but have a 5 between 85 and 90.

For ease, the team I'm playing at the moment is pretty damn easy. Tank (I use a Warr, but a Pally is just as good), a Disc Priest and 3 Ele Shaman.
    (Ele Shaman still have access to a couple of heals in desperate times, spamming Chain Heals when things get rough is usually sufficient to supplement the Priest)

With decent marco's, you can pretty easily reduce most of what you're doing to like 3 main buttons, with maybe a couple of others for cool downs and "panic" mode.

Any team with more than 1 healer is going to be resilient and fairly easy to play, but personally I'd probably want at least a couple of pure DPS specs in there too.

I have a 5 Monk team, and started with 4 of them as Mistweavers, but switched 2 of them to Windwalker as whilst I was never really dying, DPS was getting kind of slow the higher level I got. With 1 tank, 2 MW and 2 WW I have cleared all current heroic 5 mans, pretty easily in most cases. The ones that weren't "easy" were generally mechanics based, not survivability issues.

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:

Thx TheOlz

I was not thinking of taking monks, but that could be something cool and interesting as I stopped playing during WotLK or Cata (cant remember). How do you find the monk tanks compared to paladins? Are the Healing monks able to do damage as well like a Disc priest? Something completely new could be a good way to keep the interest. Just not sure if my accounts have enough gold and rank to get heirloom stuff to make fast leveling but that would help to keep me motivated lol

TheOlz,

Since I am still figuring this stuff out after so long away, how do you go about balancing the chi, tea and whatever else needed on the monks? Do you have some macros and default attack sequences you run? What do you do about AOE tanking like a paladin can do with Consecration. Is there anything the monk can do there? I like the idea of 2 DPS, 2 Healer/DPS and 1 tank.

Not to be a plug whore, but if you find the idea of Monks interesting, you can check my YouTube channel.
    I have videos of all the current heroics on there with my 5 Monk team, and a few levelling dungeons too.

Healing Monk DPS, I think, is higher than a Disc Priest, but the passive healing output is lower. Also, they are melee, not ranged, so the play style is different.
    I wanted to play with the idea of having an all melee team, it started as an experiment, but I have grown quite fond of it. They are kind of my main team now.

Monks also have a series of class quests while levelling that give hour long (iirc) XP boosts, which can help speed up the levelling process. I think Blizzard did quite a good job with Monk class quests, every few levels you get a decent bit of blue gear and the XP boost, which I found really helpful when I levelled my first Monk (which was solo not 'boxed).

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:

Ah if monks are melee, then I will probably need to go paladin and either shaman or priests. I really like having 4 chars away from the melee range because I believe it is easier to manage. So if 4 Disc priest have low dps output, maybe 2 disc priest and 2 shadow priest are better. What do you think?

SPriest is actually a spec I know little about. But, it's not like the old days, every class/spec is viable to a pretty good degree.

The only other thing I might suggest is to go 2 Priest, 2 Shaman. Just so that if you ever want to, you have some class/role flexibility.
    So you can respec the Shaman to resto and Priest to DPS, in the future if you get tired of the other way around. Or, eventually turn a Shammy Enhancement and give melee a go too.

Priest is the only class to have 2 healing specs, so if you had 4 and got tired of/didn't like Shadow, you don't have much room to move.

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:

Shadow Priests are pretty fun. I wonder how cool it would be cool to reverse kite, using RR psychic scream, mind flay. having each priest mind flay separate targets as they flee and return. I wonder how one would best set that up with finesse.
    Last edited by JackBurton : 06-15-2014 at 01:34 PM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"