Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22

Default Warlords of Draenor: New World PVP Zone

Name:  WarlordsofDraenorLogo_Shadow.png
Views: 304
Size:  97.2 KB

The upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion to World of Warcraft will have an all new kind of PVP zone, which will make PVP multiboxing more exciting than ever before!

Ashran, the new world PVP zone, will be in the staging area near Dark Portal on the Draenor continent. The zone includes faction bases and a variety of hot spots. It's a timeless isle of PVP with PVP-oriented objectives, but with less structure than instances. Your multiboxing team has the freedom to come and go anytime, and you can pick and choose which objectives you want to do.

There is no end to the battle between factions in Ashran. The objectives are based on the current status of the battle and constantly evolve. They can change in an instant, depending on events that are happening within the zone. Also, the closer you get to the enemy base, the more difficult the objectives become. Your multiboxing team will be kept busy with tasks such as gathering materials, building siege vehicles, and ultimately attempting to destroy the enemy base. Just be prepared for the twists and turns of battle to change your plans at a moment's notice!

This new PVP zone uses cross-realm technology, which means that realms will be paired up in such a way that there is a balance between factions. There is no cap on the number pf players or faction members allowed in the zone, so bring your whole multiboxing team to join the fray!

To read more about PVP in the Warlords of Draenor expansion, click here.

What do you think about the new PVP zone? If you've heard anything more about it, let us know!

Man, if its true that they will manage to make it faction balanced that will be so amazing. Now all I need to do is find a way to get my hands on that uber op pve gear and id be set.

1st: I hope they can faction balance it but nothing can be 50/50 its not going to happen 24/7 it be be better then 5-100 but 50/50 not going to happen ever.

2nd: And thats saying they don't remove /follow. i don't understand why they would

3rd: I would think pvp gear is going to be better then pve gear in the zone? (but its open world) ((then again we don't know how pvp/pve gear is going to work in WOD a lot of changes to gear anyway))

4th: Got my hopes up before on a ""world pvp zone"" WG/Tol/the missing on they said they would have in mop.

i hope they can pull off this epic world pvp zone!!! but i been wrong so many times about stuff. ill see whats its like in beta.

I swear to god if I have to deal with another Timeless Isle where PvE gear blows PvP gear out of the water it'll be the last straw for my multiboxing (at which point I'll go to solo play.) PvE gear should never ever be better than PvP gear in PvP. I don't care what their excuse is.

I would like if they would let you progressively gear your character for pvp with this mechanic, but I don't see it happening.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    I would like if they would let you progressively gear your character for pvp with this mechanic, but I don't see it happening.
    if they did give u nothing then why would anyone go there? i can see if u do the quests or whatever there calling them you get a item of gear at random they said there adding that in pvp more like the LFG/LFR systems

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    if they did give u nothing then why would anyone go there? i can see if u do the quests or whatever there calling them you get a item of gear at random they said there adding that in pvp more like the LFG/LFR systems
    I have a bad feeling it'll just be a PVP zone with no real reward, and yes, the question is why would anyone bother going there.
    I hope they've learned from the BC-era world pvp objectives that had almost no purpose and the limited use of Wintergrasp giving weekly access to a world boss and some stupid currency to buy inferior pvp gear while you were grinding out the rest.

Tol'Borad and Wintergrasp exist right now but there's no point - no rewards, no bosses to unlock.

I've been happy with the current no-fly zones, Isle of Thunder had daily and weekly quests and a world boss. Timeless Isle has significant gear rewards, tons of rares, a world boss, and other stuff - and PVP goes on all the time.

The biggest issue for a multiboxer is being gear capped around 540 unless you get very lucky with ordos and celestials. Most serious solo players who do world PVP just casually run flex and normals to get into the 550s or 560s and are fine; I'd have no problem with that if I didn't have 15 toons to manage.

I don't know what they'll do with PVP gear. It was a bit overboard back in the PVP power days - gear that was just handed to me I felt I didn't even earn - 496 ilvl and cutting through raid geared players like butter with 75% pvp power hitting harder than their heroic warforged weapons and twice their resilience making up for the effective health gap.

We know Ghostcrawler didn't care for world PVP and he's gone now; PVP envolved into a mini-game eventually being focused entirely around 3v3 and not much else. The whole thing got bandaids all over the place with issues on both sides - to keep PVP (oops, I mean 3v3 arena) balanced, PVE geared is downscaled, requiring raiders to grind out a PVP set, and PVPers who want to do nothing but RBGs and 3v3 all day to not do anything. World PVPers are now required to raid, not just for an OP trinket, for for an entire set of gear, to stand any chance. If I played solo, I'd have no problem doing this (flex/normal raiding is a joke), but many still think the PVP geared handed to them for capping 2s should be superior.

The PVP weapon thing, I thought made sense until I tested it out; it doesn't affect all classes/specs the same, not even close. As a class based on top-end weapon damage, all you need is a 548 weapon and you can toss the PVP weapon in the bank. As a Frost DK, only Obliterate will hit harder - so you decide do you want 26 ilvls worth of stats for one ability to hit marginally harder or not. I haven't tested a caster but considering nothing uses top-end weapon damage, I'd imagine you'd need a 561 weapon to hit harder than the 522 - 20% increased damage on Everything is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    I would imagine it will be the same as gearing up in bgs via conquest. To be honest this new zone is not even player vs player, its cluster fuck vs cluster fuck. Just like world pvp.

However, this new trial of the gladiator thing where all of the titles/rewards come is fubar but whatever.

@heyaz they posted that conquest and heroic will be very similar in stats. Only Mythic will be higher, but only slightly. Along with them removing some cc abilities and I believe its the AOE ones that are going to take the hit that will be helpful to boxers.

Last edited by Fat Tire : 12-05-2013 at 10:59 AM

@heyaz they posted that conquest and heroic will be very similar in stats. Only Mythic will be higher, but only slightly. Along with them removing some cc abilities and I believe its the AOE ones that are going to take the hit that will be helpful to boxers.
    Well, thank god for that. The DR system doesn't appear to be very effective in world PVP nor do the short cooldowns and unlimited targets on those spells help much to prevent it from becoming an aoe cc fest. No regard for DR's when you can overwrite shockwave, shadowfury, and ring of frost by three different mages - seeing stun durations of zero seconds that still CC'd me. Fight goes longer, cooldowns are so short, those warlocks you just killed are ready to spam it all again while your defensives are on cooldown for another minute.

These days I run into large fights with aura mastery, windwalk, IBF, and AMS already popped with unholy blight and start doing damage because once those protections are down, it's gg. I much prefer the fights where either they don't have stacked classes to aoe cc or they aren't using it and they carefully cc and pick off healers and separate the group and we fight to the death that way.

Never understood why they went so overboard with aoe cc, especially stun. Fear isn't really an issue for me anymore - 5 targets only, 9 raid-wide breaks, and 10 of the 15 can break or immune it up to 11 times. Aoe stun, disorient, disarm, and silence pretty much sucks no matter what...

and it doesn't just affect boxers - look at the pretty much standard, game winning aoe CC orchestration used by RBG teams. I remember watching RBG tournaments on stream where it all came down to... both teams trying to lure each other into gorefiend's grasp, ring of frost, solar beam, ursol's vortex... whoever scored that instant aoe cc cheesefest changed the outcome.
    Last edited by heyaz : 12-05-2013 at 11:10 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Tire View Post
    Realize the numbers are fictional, but if conquest gear were to be anywhere near that level especially with PVP power bonus, they're going to have to make it a little harder to get than it currently is.

Say what you will - while gated PVP gear through arena rating had its issues along with every other grindy system implemented since vanilla, getting it handed to you by capping 2s with some random from trade chat, well, I that's no way to award any kind of superior gear. As much as I'd like my PVP gear to be useful, part of me realizes its trivial method of acquisition is why it is garbage. However I'm not a dev and don't have any solution to offer especially with the disparity of gear in world PVP vs raiders. Sometimes when I think about how much the gear sucks, I realize - they made it a free handout just for showing up, of course it's going to be crap.

In wrath at least I had to bust my ass in arenas to get the gated gear just as raiders did to kill bosses (yeah, they're not that hard, but still), now from a boxer's perspective, while you can't cheese 2s you can still just tank your MMR to nothing in 5s and get no-shows to cap, same with RBGs and just camp a node for 3 minutes and get loser points or get a no-show exploit team for all 400 at once. Yeah, that's skill. I should have 572 gear for that.
    Last edited by heyaz : 12-05-2013 at 11:25 AM