Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Rogues-Sustained dps macros?

So I boosted 3 rogues, the only class I haven't boxed yet. I have so awesome openers setup, have the escapes pretty well figured out. Cooldowns need a touch of refinement, but I'm making progress so I'm not too worried. What I'm having serious trouble with is a sustainable dps "rotation."

So my question is this, anyone that has boxed rogues (sub in my case), how have you tackled dps after the opener? Priority setups seem a bit impossible due to energy/cp generation. Cast sequences lock up for me (probably user error on my part), and being I run a mixed group manual rotation is seriously rough.

I'm not asking for macros per se, just some sort of direction to run in, so I'm not banging against the wall for hours missing something simple.

Thanks in advance for any help. If you feel the need to flame a guy for boosting a class prior to learning the nuances, have fun I'm totally cool with it, just keep it pg13 ish, because I'm sure I won't be the only one reading this thread.

GL! Rogues are a lot of fun to box! I can't really help with the macro setup for you though, I've only played assassination on my 4x team. There's nothing wrong with boosting, especially if you don't really enjoy leveling :P
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bettysue View Post
    If you feel the need to flame a guy for boosting a class prior to learning the nuances, have fun I'm totally cool with it, just keep it pg13 ish, because I'm sure I won't be the only one reading this thread.
    Considering the vast majority of people just copy and paste macros without so much as looking at them, that would be a pretty silly thing get uppity over.

I haven't played with rogues {I keep meaning to do rogues+cats, but can't bing myself to stay subscribed long enough} but you could try a stacked sequence like I do with my DK. Her macros use -

Opener
    Sequence
    Lockup prevention

So going by a very generic setup for a sub rogue it might look something like this

Code:
    /castsequence reset=target/3/mod Stealth, Ambush, Hemmorage, Slice and Dice, null
    /castsequence reset=3 Hemorrhage, Hemorrhage, Hemorrhage, Rupture, Hemorrhage, Hemorrhage, Hemorrhage, Eviscerate
    /cast Hemorrhage
    This way you have you opener nulled so it only goes off at the start. Then you have your sustained set up in a castsequence insuring that your finishers get at least 3 CP. You can add another CP generator in there if you like. Finally, you have your CP by itself in a cast at the bottom. This should prevent lockups by allowing the macro to drop down and try casting a CP-generator when your finishing moves are locked due to lack of CP. This way while you may not get a full CP finisher, you will still be able to at least advance the castsequence. It'll also help you build "extra" points for Anticipation.

Another option you can try is adding short-term cooldowns in the sequence before the finishers to try and force a better chance at having full combo points before triggering the finisher. You'll want a relatively short cooldown that costs nothing so you aren't wasting energy and CP on a stalling move {causing the sequence to drop down to the CP-builder at the end} so you might turn the second part into something like

Code:
    /castsequence reset=3 Hemorrhage, Hemorrhage, Hemorrhage, Kick, Rupture, Hemorrhage, Hemorrhage, Hemorrhage, Kick, Eviscerate
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

If you're using ISBoxer, you can set up multi-step keys that will delay for a pre-set amount of time on each step, meaning you can get as close as it's possible to get to a "priority" rotation. I haven't tried nested multi-step keymaps but that should lend even more flexibility to things. It seems to work pretty well for my monks, which also operate on energy and procs. Of course, I haven't made 60 yet so I can't give you any hard numbers for how well it works.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Thanks Khat that's what I was looking for just needed that lockup prevention tip. I was going nuts trying my best to over complicate my macro. I'm really quite good at missing every tree in the forest at times. Got them all rolling along with a decent dps while waiting on the cooldowns now. You're the woman of the day

Xix you're the one that got me into this mess I hold you fully accountable :P. Was watching one of your videos and went "Ya rogues I'm doing that right now." Lots of fun and sub is awesome for burst and vanish in PvP, might try the assassination route soon.

Ugh I had no idea isboxer had the wait before resend type ability, I'm personally an hkn user, but I do have isboxer just never got a good feel for it. My old pc used to hate it. I'll probably look into it again in the near future, it has come a long way since I gave it a try.

Quick support is amazing here thanks to all of you for taking a little out of your day to help myself, and everyone else you've helped here. Keeps the community alive and that much more awesome.
    Last edited by Bettysue : 08-16-2014 at 01:21 PM Reason: your =/= you're stupid autocorrect

Just to be perfectly clear, what I mean by "delay for a pre-set amount of time on each step" is that when you're spamming a button, it will keep spamming the same step until the delay passes, then it moves on to the next step and spams that step every time you press a key until ITS delay passes, then moves on to the next one, etc. There's no actual programmatic delay like where you push a button and it waits for a certain amount of time and then sends it.

Just making sure since these subtleties aren't always obvious.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I knew what you meant, clarification is probably a good idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bettysue View Post
    Thanks Khat that's what I was looking for just needed that lockup prevention tip. I was going nuts trying my best to over complicate my macro. I'm really quite good at missing every tree in the forest at times. Got them all rolling along with a decent dps while waiting on the cooldowns now. Your the woman of the day
    *thumbs up* New eyes can be really helpful sometimes, hehe. Plus it gets my brain churning, and that's always fun.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _