Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: UI AddOns

Threaded View

Default UI AddOns

Addons are great at saving us time helping us focus on boxing our toons.

One of MiRai's threads has influenced me to do alot of addon research. Here is a list of some of the addons that I prefer to use. Its not a complete list. I'm not active but I have been writing down on scrap paper and thinking of what addons I would use if i resubbed.

I listed the name of the addon. A short description and a link to where you can download the latest version. A picture is worth a thousand words. A small number of them have YouTube videos as well.

Most of us dread having to redo your addons because its so tedious and complicated. help is out there. Luxlunae has a great writeup on Addon Management, and he has a script to copy settings from one account to another. MiRai shows us his trick to configure Multiple UI's here. It uses mouse repeater to do this so understanding resolution and cursor sync is critical.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Anyone who has the urge to configure a WoW UI can do so on trial accounts. Of course, you'll need either one active account, a friend, or a kind stranger to invite your characters into a full party so that you can configure party/raid frames. This is what I did over the period of like a month when I had free time in between other things so that I would practically be ready to go when I actually reactivated my accounts.
    Convenience
    Jamba - big suite, my favorate: jambastrobe to help prevent follow breaks, esp in air or water YouTube
    GTFO - warns you if your steppin in fire, its possible to get a second or two advanced warning. To hear slaves audio check off "sound in the backround" located in Options/Sounds . YouTube
    Range Display - digital range display. Stop at 20 range from your target and the slaves following 10 range behind you will be in most range envelopes. stop, assist, nuke, follow. rinse wash & repeat as desired. YouTube
    Smart Buff - semi auto buff casting. I attach this macro to my follow key and never have to worry about buffage. YouTube
    Cant Heal You - healer sends tell to target that is too far away to heal
    Camera Plus - GUI helps unlock default camera max zoom out limit without slash commands YouTube
    TrufiGCD - See visually outgoing casts next to player frames. uses: troubleshooting and DPS tweaking Youtube
    CinematicCanceler - Blows past cut scenes you've allready seen

Inventory Management
    hotloot - streamline the looting process YouTube
    hotloot notify - alert and notify the user when specific items are looted.
    hotloot history - track items you loot and you can search through and filter them.
    Combuctor - one bag, filterable using tabs YouTube
    combuctor mining - filters bag to show only stones, ores, bars etc..
    combuctor tailoring - shows only tailoring based Materials, Crafted Armor, Bags, Recipes
    combuctor scrap - adds scrap catagory bag filter, scrap icons glow
    combuctor skinning - adds skinning bag filter to show leather mats, products and tools.
    combuctor jewelcrafting - addons jewelcrafting filter to bags showing jewelcrafting mats, products and tools.
    combuctor glyph - simple glyph tab
    combuctor bindtwoaccount - allowing easy look up of items that bind to your Battle.net account
    Genie - automatic bags sorter YouTube
    PassLoot - auto loot rolling based on advanced set of variables YouTube
    oMail - helps offload bags. mails off items to designated toons. cloth to tailoring alts, ore to blacksmithing etc...

Progression & Leveling
    Pawn - calculates scores for items to help you easily find upgrades for your gear
    Pawn Auction - helps you find better gear in the auction house (Hpac had a post looking for this)
    autoprofit - sell greys and gear you cant wear
    xp2level - provides details about your leveling progress
    tabardmaster - switches gear based on role
    lose control - lets you know if a party member is feared
    Team Equip Compare - helps decide with gear drops shows groups gear for slot

Performance Enhancers
    weak auras - buff, debuff, cooldown tracker supports group tracking YouTube 1 2 3 4

PvP
    healershavetodie - adds a red cross over enemy healer's name plates, useful in mob packs in PvE to find the healers and burn them down YouTube

Professions & Farming
    NPCscan - tracks seldom-seen rare mobs by proximity alone, making the old “/targetexact …” macros obsolete
    NPCScan overlay - adds mob pathing/territory info to map YouTube
    NPCScan autoadd - adds features to NPCscan YouTube
    Last edited by JackBurton : 12-02-2014 at 04:11 PM Reason: Formatting
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"