Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Hunter Macro Help

Hello,

I recently started a 5 hunter group, and am loving it. However, I am struggling a little bit in dungeons and it could be my level/available pet abilities, but here is what I was wondering was possible:

Suppose you are in a dungeon and you have group pull of about 3-5 guys coming up, is there a way to get your pets to each target a different guy (like through markings of skull, triangle, square, ect) and each go tank them, while your hunters focus on bad guy 1? This way when you multi-shot, you don't pull aggro, and so one pet doesn't get everyone on him which would pretty much kill him pretty quick. Thank you for your help!

WELCOME!!
    Hunters are my favorite class to box - so - good choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxtal View Post
    Suppose you are in a dungeon and you have group pull of about 3-5 guys coming up, is there a way to get your pets to each target a different guy (like through markings of skull, triangle, square, ect) and each go tank them, while your hunters focus on bad guy 1?
    Not in a way that wouldn't turn each pull into a two minute affair. You're probably better off tabbing through each mob in combat and having your pets grab threat on them before aoeing - or have a pet taunt/intimidate rotation.

What I used to do, before misdirection, was have my hunters drop freezing traps between them and the mobs, that way when my pets dropped threat I'd have time to react.

Also - if you're not running as BM - you might consider running that as BM gets beast cleave at lvl 24, that helps a lot with aoe threat.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Thank you for your welcome and advice. To be a little less cryptic, I am struggling in Deadmines at level 18 for my hunters. Due to the layout, they charge in on my main's target and we burn them down fast, but then some adds get in on the fight, and multishot goes off. Since my pets don't have an aoe taunt at this point, I usually seem to get a couple miners on my slaves, and things go down hill quickly. Other than the occasional multi-shot i do not have other aoe abilities going at this time. Will this be cleared up then by later levels/more pet abilities? Thanks again for the help!

Oh, and yes, I am going BM

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxtal View Post
    Will this be cleared up then by later levels/more pet abilities?
    Yup, by max level hunters have a TON of control.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Just add a nomod condition to all your DPS sequences. This way you can say, hold down shift, tell pet to attack a bunch of stuff then release it when you are ready to actually attack.

Max level (but may be useful for you at lower levels by pruning stuff ) :

/petattack
    /cast [nomod, combat]Aimed Shot!
    /castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=target Serpent Sting,null
    /castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,Chimera Shot
    /castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.3 0,0,Dire Beast
    /castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=0.3 0,Glaive Toss

/castsequence [nomod, combat] reset=5 Arcane Shot,Steady Shot,Steady Shot

/cast [nomod, combat] Blood fury
    /cast [nomod, combat] Rapid Fire
    /cast [nomod, combat] Stampede
    /cast [nomod, combat] Lynx Rush

ill share you mine wich i use on my 8hunter multibox
    6hunters 2 healers now for pvp :P

#showtooltip cobra shot
    /startattack
    /castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,Null
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Glaive toss
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,Kill shot
    /castsequence reset=6 Kill Command,cobra shot,arcane shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,arcane shot
    /cast [combat]Rapid fire
    /cast [combat]Bestial wrath
    /cast [combat]Dire beast
    /use 10
    /petattack
    /petassist

That's a great starting point for some ideas.

Also, if you're going to want pets to tank individual mobs, here's what i usually do:

1. F1 (slot 1) target mob
    2. F2 target mob
    3. etc.
    4. Mouse-broadcast click 3 (my pet-attack button) so it doesn't get the normal ISBoxer "/assist {FTL}" call, and the pets attack individually assigned targets.
    5. My normal DPS spam macros DO NOT contain "/petattack." Pet mode is normally "PetAssist." This way, they won't change targets to my target until I explicitly direct them to do so or they finish their current target and I am still either A) attacking another target or B) being attacked by something.

Honestly, with pet classes there are so many options for control, you really need to just patiently think through the mechanics of what you want the pets to do. Sometimes, as above, you need to back out some of the "ease-of-use" macro lines so that you are explicitly directing certain events rather than having them continuously fire 24/7.

Good luck!
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

In Rift you can target marked mobs which makes it extremely easy. In WoW I don't see why not just use a multi-step keybind that starts with an Assist then sends "Tab" to specific windows only.

I find making a /petattack macro and a /petfollow macro really helps.. you can send all the pets in before you dps.. and pull them back incase they try to pull more.

I use misdirection glyph, mending,and animal bond. For minors I like the direction glyph so the pets go big when md has worked.. and revive pet glyph is also nice.

I use this macro for threat.. I know you don't have misdirection yet, but if you glyph it.. it has no cooldown. You don't need to put the pets name in.. it will just md your pet. I usually have some of the pets in tank spec hence the last stand portion.. if you don't use it just remove that line.

/castsequence [@pet,help,exists] Misdirection
    /cast last stand
    /cast Mend pet

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    In Rift you can target marked mobs which makes it extremely easy. In WoW I don't see why not just use a multi-step keybind that starts with an Assist then sends "Tab" to specific windows only.

Tab is terrifying with pets. I can't remember how many times tab-targetting with my hunter team sent my pets off after a mob on the other side of the room, or down a mob-filled hallway or even another level of an instance {shakefist @ UK and Magister's Terrace}.

For CC I use focus + mouseover; my main targets a mob, I mouse over who I want to CC it and hit my CC key. Keydown sends assist to the toon I'm moused over, keyup has that toon set the target as focus {and raidmark it} and whenever I press the key again while the mouse isn't over the party frame, it casts the CC on each toon's specific focus target. Much more reliable when I know who's going to CC what - that's not the sort of thing I like to hope for the best on, hehe. It can just as easily be used to send a command to individual pets to cast growl at their own focus target while still DPSing the main target with a /cast [@focus] Growl macro.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _