Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22

Default Battlegrounds (non rated)

Started gearing my DK's up one at a time for PvP (not too savvy on doing the IWT thing yet to feel comfortable with 2-3) and have notice a large group of Bots are infesting mainly AV & Isle of Conquest. I've never experienced such a large amount of bots before. With "follow" disabled, it's gotten much worse IMO. I know follow being removed is a sore spot for us here, but Blizzard can't seen to get a handle on the bots.
    Just curious if any of you that do PvP are noticing the increase as well.

Furthermore, when queuing for random BG, it's nearly always AV and (at least my experience) has been Horde loses 90% of the time. Premades made it much more enjoyable, but nowadays no much activity in unrated BG's for QQ or AV enabler.
    Last edited by Ñightsham : 05-26-2014 at 10:07 AM Reason: Bg name
    ..... s l o w l y getting there

Blog Entries

You can go on the Ventrilo that Rathamus set up.
    That's premades, generally for horde, mostly AV but some IoC and around 95% horde wins.
    Take a look at oQueue as well (same author as Keyclone), for premades.

Without follow in battlegrounds, you have your work arounds.
    A multi-person mount, and then IWT to whatever you want to kill with melee toons.
    Or you can have a Druid on your team, who uses the Stag glyph when they go into travel form, which your other toons can IWT to attempt to mount them.
    I didn't like the work arounds, but they're worth trying if you want to participate in battleground PvP.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Thanks Ualaa, I'll look into the vent deal and try and find some Pre-made teams.
    ... As for the IWT BG work arounds, I'm with you on that subject ... Don't like them, but if you want to MB in BG's that's the only option one has. I've seen plenty of posts here about setting it up and all.

First time seeing a 5 man boxer in AV in a long time...., paladin + 4 DK's (horde) not sure how it was setup but was working very well, almost as if follow was working again.
    Server was Tichondrius
    ...if your a member here, awsome job with your team setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñightsham View Post
    First time seeing a 5 man boxer in AV in a long time...., paladin + 4 DK's (horde) not sure how it was setup but was working very well, almost as if follow was working again.
    Server was Tichondrius
    ...if your a member here, awsome job with your team setup.

has anyone tryed follow since the last patch??

anyway they might of been some software we can not talk about here there is a few that do.

You can select follow on the portrait, however it still comes up in red "you cannot follow that unit".
    .... The team I was watching easily navigated up to the top of tower point and ice blood tower in AV with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Ñightsham View Post
    You can select follow on the portrait, however it still comes up in red "you cannot follow that unit".
    .... The team I was watching easily navigated up to the top of tower point and ice blood tower in AV with ease.

Ya they would of used a 3rd party software though I read the dev took it down and anyone that had it don't work.

Av read somewhere as well its really easy to get back. With a little code changing. But all could be bad for your accounts and iwt/ctm works fine for me.
    Last edited by ebony : 06-02-2014 at 04:39 PM

I'm going to try and get the IWT / CTM configured as soon as I review the setup procedures, I have a 3 person mount so that should work for travel purposes it's just the combat and dealing with fear and that sort of crap.
    ...... The boxer I saw was utilizing 3 2person rocket mounts to travel. So looks like unauthorized software in this case.

With the all the Bots I'm seeing in BG's now, bringing back follow wouldn't matter as far as I can see.

Blog Entries

The removal of follow may have been explained as a target for the bots, but they had to know the effect it would have on boxers too.
    Whether boxers were an intentional target, or merely incidentally affected, they were despised by many of the player base in BGs in particular.

I don't see follow returning to Battlegrounds.
    Even if it did, I could easily see it disappearing again especially if a new developer joins the team and despises that style of play.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I have to ask whats the big problem about not having follow? Yes we lose time by having to get our characters into chopper/mammoth whatever and then perhaps control 1-2 driver simultaneously but at least melee boxers shouldn't feel that much of difference, at least I didn't, yes CTF bgs suck but they always did, but nothing sucked more than gearing 4 toons in TBC/WOTLK and you had to pull a miracle off to get the best pvp set possible with weps, nowadays you lean back wait until season is almost over, log in and play 2s and max out on gear in one week and then you can compete everywhere.

I know its a nasty handicap but lets be honest getting gear was never easier before and there is so much to do for us even without doing any battlegrounds, world pvp is great and gets more and more forced with WOD, and if you look for the ultimate challange you can go for challenge modes or participate in 5v5 where blizzard brought follow back for us. And they gave us the goblin glider, you know what to do..
    Last edited by Kruschpakx4 : 06-03-2014 at 06:08 PM