Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Lightbulb Pretty cool Defcon video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnmoI2dRwX4

Kinda old, but I found it interesting.
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

This is why they took out /follow ..sounds like this depended on that feature.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

This video makes my trigger finger antsy. We have a no tolerance policy when it comes to discussion of violating a game's EULA/TOU/TOS. Posting an hour long video about "Subverting" changes made to prevent botting and automation on the grounds of "'cuz we can" and "'cuz multiboxing is allowed" kinda screams thread delete, but since none of the other mods pegged it yet and the video is old I'm just moving it. For now.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Eh, well, its sort of academic since the project appears pretty dead, but... they were trying pretty hard to stay within the technical boundaries of the EULA.

Whether or not they remained within the "spirit" of the EULA is more up to debate. At one point addons making combat decisions for you was ok, then Blizzard said it was not, and they were trying to restore that functionality in a clever way; that I find interesting. I also find their method interesting, in an intellectual sort of way. I assumed that this was the spirit in which it was shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Svpernova09 View Post
    No worries. With something this old and given how widespread defcon videos go, if this hasn't been patched, it's Blizzard's own fault. This is one of those fine line things that we just have to see where it leads.

(IMHO)
    Yeah, my concern isn't the idea that this is current or super-secret, it's that it's the exact sort of weasling around the rules/looking for "loopholes" that haters always blame multiboxers for.

This being posted here, especially without discussion from the OP, just looks like pro-botting on the grounds of F*** Blizzard, IMO.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I was there when they presented this talk. It was weak sauce, it had nothing to do with "subverting the api." The talk a year or two later with the guy who created *bot that shall not be named* was far far better.

I've been to the last 8 DefCons and going this year too.