Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Crafted Set Combinations Thoughts and table.

So most of my teams end up taking advantage of various combinations of Aughelds, Asheara's, and Captain's sets (with ring of requirement to reduce the set requirements). So after hurting my brain awhile, I made the following table to help me play with the various combinations. Effects are included for reference to the right.

Slot
    Set Head Shoulders Chest Wrist Hand Waist Legs Feet Pri Off R1 R2 Amy Effects
    A Aughild 1 1 1 1 (2) Set: Reduces damage from ranged attacks by 7.0% Reduces damage from melee attacks by 7.0%
    (3) Set: Reduces damage from elites by 15.0% Increases damage against elites by 15%
    B Born 1 1 1 (2) Set: +15% Life
    (3) Set: Reduces cooldown of all skills by 10.0%. Increases Bonus Experience by 20%
    C Captain 1 1 1 (2) Set: Regenerates 2000 Life per Second Reduces cooldown of all skills by 10.0%.
    (3) Set: +50 Resistance to All Elements Reduces all resource costs by 10%.
    V Asheara 1 1 1 1 (2) Set: +100 Resistance to All Elements
    (3) Set: +20% Life
    (4) Set: Attacks cause your followers to occasionally come to your aid.
    D Demons 1 1 1 1 1 (2) Set: Ranged and melee attackers take 6000 Fire damage per hit.
    (3) Set: Chance to Deal 25% Area Damage on Hit.
    (4) Set: +15% Damage to Demons Chance to reflect projectiles when you are hit by enemies.
    S Sages 1 1 1 (2) Set: +250 Strength +250 Dexterity +250 Intelligence +250 Vitality
    (3) Set: Whenever a Death's Breath drops, a second one will also drop.
    C Cains 1 1 1 (2) Set: Attack Speed Increased by 8.0%
    (3) Set: 50% Better Chance of Finding Magical Items Increases Bonus Experience by 50%
    G Guardians 1 1 1 (2) Set: +250 Vitality Regenerates 2000 Life per Second
    (3) Set: +15% Movement Speed
    H Hallowed 1 1 (2) Set: +100 Resistance to All Elements Attack Speed Increased by 10.0%

Obviously, the first 3->4 are probably the most interesting. I certainly don't have any interest in making the others. But its a bit hard to combine them satisfactorily; it seems to come down to Borns or Aughild's unless you are willing to use Born's 1hander or not use reapers wraps. It sort of seems like Aug's is better unless you really need cooldown reduction (e.g. to round robin something).

Some potential combinations:

Slot
    Combo Head Shoulders Chest Wrist Hand Waist Legs Feet Pri Off R1 R2 Amy
    ABC A B A C C B
    ABC A B B A C C
    ABCV A B A2 A A2 C C A2 B
    ABCv A B B A A2 C C A2
    BCV B B A2 C C A2
    ACV A A A2 A2 C C A2

Right now I'm thinking ACV, or BCV are the most attractive. And of course, throw in other legs for seasoning (e.g. elemental damage, useful effects, what have you).

The 20% life is certainly not equivalent to the 15% damage reduction / bonus damage to elites, but the 10% CDR might make it worth it.

The only reason to put this much brainpower into this is that it's not that hard to make these once you have the plans; and the benefits are pretty generic.

Thoughts?

It depends on your build/class. For me Aughild's is a must, regardless of class or build. I rarely don't consider them in my builds. I make everything else fit according to that. I have a similar layout in Excel, but what I do is a depending on my build, I define the slots that can't be used by a set item (because it's a mandatory legendary for the build to work), and from there I build Excel sheets with my options.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap1.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	1154

For example this is my TR monk build. Orange means those are slots are locked for mandatory Legendaries since I will aim for Cindercoat, Magefist and Hexing Pants of Mr Yan. The rest of slots are available for anything. In this case I will go with Aughild's helm and bracers, Captain's boots and belt and finally Born Shoulder and Weapon. I also add at the bottom the effects each set gives so it helps me as a quick reference.

At least for me, it's a lot easier to find which slots I'm missing and which ones I shouldn't even consider. Once I get 1 build done with the sets I want, I copy/paste it and create another Excel sheet with other sets and once I have all my combinations done, I decide which combo is better or depending of the goal of the party, I change them. All the info in a easy, graphic way.
    Last edited by Devile : 05-17-2014 at 02:37 PM

Don't suppose you'd be willing to share your spreadsheet as a template to work off of? I'm lazy, and I think your orientation might be better than what I went with.

I get that it depends on build, but well, I sort of think that aughild's is kind of mandatory; Reapers Wraps and your primary weapon slot are generally fairly important to a build as well; which complicates the Born's Aug's combo for most builds. Perhaps I should have posted this inside a build thread, though. Oh well. Good point with the TR monks, though.

As an aside, you can c/p spreadsheets into the post box on dual-boxing; though it doesn't preserver shading and bolding.

No problem, here's my excel with my TR Monk and Pet WD builds.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    No problem, here's my excel with my TR Monk and Pet WD builds.
    Thanks Dev; playing with it has already lead to scheming regarding my Crusaders.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Well, it's Dev's file, I can make a google doc of my original spreadsheet though. If I settle on a build at any point, I'll probably post the spreadsheet whenever I post it.

As an aside, I really like the 4 set bonus from Asheara's. Gearing out 4+ sets of followers gives me something to do with all the incidental legendaries that I can't quite bring myself to salvage but aren't immediately useful either. It probably doesn't compare to something like blackthorns for high torment farming ultimately, but as something immediately available their abilities add a good bit of utility and when stacked on 4 characters somebodies followers are out constantly. Could get pretty exciting if you gave them interesting legendaries and such.

Pretty easy to stack it with Aug's and Captain's on a fresh team too, or while you wait for more interesting items to drop (blackthorns, class sets, specific legendaries.) It's easily the fastest craftable legendary to farm, to boot.

Captain and Cain both are marked as C ! :d

Oops. I'll fix it later. I prefer the other format for theory crafting anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk