Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default [EQ1] Question on J5 merc mission, old way

Hey all, previous EQ1 boxer, thinking of coming back. However, I had a question about the old J5 merc mission. I see that the new "heroic" J5 quest is only for heroic chars, and that non-heroic chars still have to do it the old way. I also saw a post that said there were "problems" with that mission, though it didn't go into specifics.

I have a team of 87 druid, 85 mage, and 85 chanter, with J2 mercs (if I subscribe with all three accounts). Do you know if that team would be able to handle the old J5 merc mission?

Thanks,

Tat

I don't know the current status of the quest due to the patch yesterday. Supposedly, it was fixed and opened up to non-heroic characters. Regardless if it's still bugged or not, I'm sure it will be a priority to get fixed since the Heroic Character Upgrades are a pricey RMT item.

With that said, it was implemented specifically for Heroic Characters which come equipped with 4kish AA, VoA T1 Gear (I think). You're level is right on par, but only you could judge how developed your Characters are in relation to the Heroic Characters.

You can always try it and risk wiping to see what happens

Ah, didn't know they opened up the new quest to non-heroics. The one I had heard was bugged was the old one (the SoD mission).

My guys are likely in HoT gear (don't remember exactly), but I had heard that the new one was supposed to be "solo/molo", so a team of three with J1 mercs should be able to handle it, I would hope

Thanks for the reply,

Tat

Hmm. I haven't read anything on the forums about the original SoD quest being bugged. But I also haven't had the need to re-run it in years so it could have escaped my attention.

Or, I could have mis-read it, and maybe it was the new FtD quest which was bugged

Blog Entries

On the Test Server, you get the better mercenaries.
    Basically, you're a Gold account without actually being a subscriber.

Not sure about the live servers.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa