Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default NVIDIA Announces 6GB GTX 780 & Titan-Z GPUs

Well, it's official. If you've been holding out for a 6GB GPU at a bit of a discount from the price tag of a Titan, they're coming. While there is no official mention of 6GB 780Ti models, Jacob from EVGA has hinted that there is a possibility of a 6GB 780Ti release around May or June.

On the other hand, today NVIDIA announced a 12GB (assuming 2x6GB) Titan-Z for the low price of just $3,000 -- What a steal.
    Last edited by MiRai : 03-25-2014 at 03:27 PM Reason: Update Information

You got any kidneys left to sell?
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Is this enough GPU to move the bottleneck to the CPU now?

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Well, it's official. If you've been holding out for a 6GB GPU at a bit of a discount from the price tag of a Titan, they're coming. While there is no official mention of 6GB 780Ti models, Jacob from EVGA has hinted that there is a possibility of a 6GB 780Ti release around May or June.

On the other hand, today NVIDIA announced a 12GB (assuming 2x6GB) Titan-Z for the low price of just $3,000 -- What a steal.

With this coming out.. looks like 800s are a ways off?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    You got any kidneys left to sell?
    No need -- I'm happy with my 3GB models; although, I wouldn't mind a 4th GPU for my setup. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Is this enough GPU to move the bottleneck to the CPU now?
    It all depends on the game you're playing and the settings you run at, but I think that WoW players tend to run into CPU bottlenecks before GPU bottlenecks.

Dual-GPU cards tend to be terrible anyway, and this one's priced at $3,000. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    With this coming out.. looks like 800s are a ways off?
    I don't think we were ever expected to see the actual 800 series before Q3/Q4 of this year, and I'd say this upcoming release just reinforces that notion. I'd generally recommend not jumping onto a new node anyway because you tend to get burned.

The 600 series was the first generation for Keplar and the 700 series was the second generation. The 600 series was totally crippled and the 700 series blows it out of the water in terms of... everything, and NVIDIA is still using the same exact chip. Why? Because they've had time to refine the shit out of their manufacturing process, drivers and all of that other technical stuff that they do.

I didn't see the price mentioned up there, but what I saw at LegitReviews was:
    So, back to the EVGA GeForce GTX 780 6GB video card models. These new cards will be available soon at a starting MSRP of $549.99.

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    I didn't see the price mentioned up there, but what I saw at LegitReviews was:
    Yes, the non-Titan 6GB GPUs are going to marked $50 higher than their 3GB counterpart.

I still struggle with GPU utilization imbalance, I would be interested in how a single GPU Titan would perform.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post

welp... my 4 titans just became worthless. wtg greedvidia! First they launch a 780 w/ last years frame buffer. Next its an artificially gimped titan. Then the money grabs!! they ungimp the titan and release the 780 w/ the frame buffer it should have had! We've all been owned

Not to mention, the only reason I spent 10k on my current setup was to game in surround for the first time evar. Viewing the desktop I was mesmerized, giddy, and told myself due to this + the length of time i anticipate this lasting, it was all worth it.

Of course fast forward to the only reason that size vram is necessary... surround. And poof i instantly regret my purchase. I built this pc specifically for ffxiv. A game in which I manage a beastly 25fps with a rig worth more than any car ive ever owned. Needless to say I was furious and made contact with everyone I could at nvidia in hopes of a fix. Naturally it seems im a niche market and so I had to be a one man army. Here we are, 6 months (likely more - too lazy to look at when i started PM'ing them. This was after realizing the problem was in fact their drivers. Took weeks of frustration and troubleshooting to get to that point) and the problem hasnt changed one bit.

I PM them regularly asking for an update and it goes ignored. I wont stop. While they release more and more cards people are suckered into buying, i spent an absurd amount of money on cards that dont do what theyre intended to.

Oh yea, hi! My name is kevin and im a gamer :P I told nvidia fix it or my next rig would be amd. They did not, and my curent rig which is being built specifically to multi box, is all AMD (3x290x) which i expect to run in eyefinity just fine. Thus my reason for being here. My first attempt at multi boxing and unfortunately for all the readers (i do apologize!) I happened across this doozy of a thread

I don't think crossfire works in windowed mode. Which if you are boxing you are probably running in windowed mode
    For what it is worth.

Hmm maybe I will wait a bit longer to upgrade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk