Is anyone farming Invincible or Mimiron's Head using saved lockouts? With the strategy listed below, you get a lockout save of the desired raid before the last boss on an alt and then extend the raid lockout each week. Allowing you to farm the last boss for the mount, without having to do the entire raid each week.

I havent tried this yet myself, but it is exactly the kind of thing I enjoy doing in wow. I would love to hear any personal experiences and advice on the matter. Firstly, does this still work? Secondly, what group composition could accomplish this in the smallest numbers to increase the number of weekly kills?

From what I read, this works on Cata raids and up. Does not work on TBC or Vanilla.

Strategy from mmo-champion and others...
source thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ick-quot/page3

1. Do 11/12 bosses normal mode (10 man or 25 does not matter) with your ALT. Now you have a save.
2. Invite a friend and make him leader. Then log your main.
3. Have your friend invite your main/soloer into the same group as your alt which is now OUTSIDE and OFFLINE of the raid, BUT in the same group!
4. Set difficulty to 25 man OUTSIDE OF THE RAID, then go inside, you will see 11/12 bosses killed message, now set 25 man heroic INSIDE THE RAID
5. Simply kill the boss and wish for good loot!
6. NEXT WEEK, log your alt and EXTEND the 11/12 save that your alt has! Since it is a normal save, it WILL NOT BE AFFECTED when you kill the boss on HC.
7. Again, invite a friend, and have that friend invite your main/soloer. And simply repeat step three and four.
8. Keep doing this every week until the save expires (takes a few months) or until you have all loot you want.

NOTE! Killing the last boss with a different char then the char that has the 11/12 NORMAL save will not automatically kill the boss for the save-holder. So you can simply use the same save for multiple chars. EXAMPLE:

Character A has a 11/12 NORMAL save. Character A invites Friend X to the group. Friend X now invites Character B into the group. Character B kills the boss. Now Friend X, which is still in group with Character A, now invites Character C into the group. Character C kills the boss. Now Friend X invites Character D, and after that Character E and after that Character F. As long as Character A does not kill the boss, you can use his NORMAL save UNLIMITED TIMES and also set HEROIC and kill the boss on other characters then Character A.

NOTE! The save HAS to be a normal save. If you get a 11/12 Heroic save, the boss will be dead for Character A if Character B kills it. But if the save is Normal, the boss will never be dead for Character A, regardless how many other chars that kill him on Heroic!