Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: PVP problems

Default PVP problems

Guys I will be the first to admit that I am no pvp or WOW master but I am really having difficulty keeping my slaves on a live target.
    I run a 5 man pally team, one because that is what I played in Cata and two I thought the plate + heals would be a bit easier to learn. I admit that I am woefully undergeared but I am tired of getting busted up by just about any single player. I am afraid I am giving boxers a bad name, my apologizes.
    Is it a matter of spamming the assist key? Or am I missing a big part of something different?
    Up to this point I could run most instances with no issues but pvp has become my boon, to the point I have regressed to leveling gathering skills.
    Any input or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi long team pvp boxer here, ya about the fact you get burst down fast ya that is wow now a days... its kinda like cc nuke a target and be done with it mages/locks your not going to even get close to them before they killed you if there better geared. (all this might not help if what i said in next line is true.) If you not level cap then the game is just f***ed in pvp.

You say PvP but bg's don't have /follow in so PvP is not a great thing to be doing atm, There is a few ways round it but as your fining it hard to keep to a "target" i can not see you keeping targeted to a mount/pet just my cent. (We not going help if you play on a private server)

You not said what software using so i can not help with the keep on target. but heres mine anyway

I use isboxer i spam my ItW key that is mum0 i have click to move on the clones and i just added this as a key on isboxer. on my 3 dps key. so every time i press 3 it do itw as well so they stay to the target like glue. spaming my dps keys.

I just started a group off Pally i think it be a good group Pally has been my single main since before bc. Am trying to stay to a single group in the WOD and hope pallys we be ok. For mix of pve/pvp
    Last edited by ebony : 02-27-2014 at 11:45 PM

If you are doing pvp-in-a-box without full PVP gear and the extra resil and Huge PVP power bonus you get, you;re gonna have a bad time.

If you are doing open world PVP without at least some PVE gear, you're gonna have a bad time. Keep in mind heroic raiders are around 575-582 ilvl, normal raiders are 560+, and flex raid kids are 540-555. The PVP gear you get with honor is 522 and believe me the PVP power crap doesn't make up for the drastic loss in stats and lack of PVE bonuses. The new season gear is 550 but it's gonna be awhile before you're packing a full set of that.

Here's an idea of how world PVP can play out when you run into heroic raiders (they were 577-580 ilvl) - just three of them (more like 2, the priest was there for "support") - and about 3-5 players in normal(ish) PVE gear would do about the same:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry1MSmjH3Us

I'm 15 boxing with 5 dedicated healers and a tank - average ilvl across team probably 555 at the time.
    Last edited by heyaz : 04-02-2014 at 05:48 PM