Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Talking New Multi-Boz friendly option on PTS

Don't know if anyone has seen this (I didn't see it until someone posted it in the ISBoxer forums) --

From the 2.7 PTS Patch Notes:
    Code:
    Quick Ground Target Activation - When active,  pressing a hotkey that belongs to a GTAoE twice should cast the ability  at the feet of the Player's target. Example: Player has the Pass the  Huttball ability saved to Hotkey #3. Player targets an ally and then  presses 3 two times. The Huttball Pass should be activated at the feet  of the targeted ally. If this option is turned off, then there should be  no changes to the existing behavior.
    This would solve some major multibox issues with SWTOR and the camera and would be totally awesome.

EDIT: I have no idea what multi-boz is, but I cannot change it.
    Last edited by Sadge : 03-12-2014 at 11:40 PM Reason: I R DUM

Based on this thread:

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...Left-Out-there

Multiboxing is forbidden in SWTOR.

About 2-3 months ago, I asked about macros and multiboxing on the SWTOR forum, and I unintentionally created a nightmare. So yeah, its definitely forbidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Based on this thread:

More specifically . . . ? I dont see where it is forbidden.

As I recall, someone asked them years ago and they said it was fine. I haven't heard of anyone getting banned for multiboxing SWTOR, and people still box it with ISBoxer
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

If this GTAE thing works well.. it would make playing AE classes a lot more fun. It was a bummer not being able to play 4 BHs effectively as you could if you could take full advantage of death from above for example.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Based on this thread:

I've been through the TOS and haven't found a single reference to multiboxing being against the rules. There's the usual "3rd party programs" which discusses bots, but as everyone should know multiboxing is not the same as botting. I've seen a few threads recently on the swtor website where people are complaining about bots but when you read you can clearly tell they're talking about boxing. They complain that they report these players and nothing gets done. This is how it is; boxing is not against the rules.

All I've got are This post, translated from German -

Brellon -

03/04/2012, 06:05 AM | # 5 Rate
    Hello NazgulKhamul,

As long as someone controls the characters themselves, contrary 'multiboxing' not against our Terms of Use. The description of the problems associated with multi-boxers, but they are very strange. We do not know why it might come as a behavior.

What mouse do you use? Is it for your mouse driver software?

To exclude files with errors, we would ask you to perform a repair if there is causing the strange behavior.

Is there anything else which is striking and is related to the faulty controller?

Thank you.
    Brellon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support
    And this one

Phillip_BW

03.08.2013 , 05:34 PM | #45 Quote
    Personally I didn't realize /follow had been removed from WoW. It’s an interesting move on Blizzard’s part and (now that I ask internally) we are already looking at any possible negative aspects that might occur if multi-boxing within SWTOR was to become a ‘thing’. I'll be clear that certain ways of technically implementing multi-boxing are very much against the Terms of Service, so I would suggest erring on the side of caution and not depend on existing functionality staying static...

Phillip Holmes
    SWTOR Head of Security
    I haven't been able to find anything else that states one way or another that the rules have actually changed since that comment from a year ago.

It is always a good idea to contact a GM or Customer Service to check if you aren't sure.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

It is always a good idea to contact a GM or Customer Service to check if you aren't sure
    I did contact them and they told me it wasn't allowed but haven't had time to press it further with boxing WoW and Rift atm.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...l=1#post387150

was my response from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranny817 View Post
    I did contact them and they told me it wasn't allowed but haven't had time to press it further with boxing WoW and Rift atm.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5...l=1#post387150

was my response from them.
    I saw that, but that means very little to me. CSR's rarely have correct answers. Notice that although they say it's against TOS, they don't quote from the TOS (because it's not there). I have no doubt that if a front line CSR were to try and ban you for boxing that it would be overturned with a phone call.

Multiboxing has been allowed in every MMO that I've ever played -- there's no way to stop it because there's no difference between playing 1 account and multiple. If you banned someone for multiboxing, you'd have to ban all accounts. What will get you banned (and rightfully so) is pressing a key and having multiple things happen (botting or automation).

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    All I've got are This post, translated from German -

And this one

I haven't been able to find anything else that states one way or another that the rules have actually changed since that comment from a year ago.

It is always a good idea to contact a GM or Customer Service to check if you aren't sure.
    I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier. What little I can glean from the German translations, it's pretty clear to me that chances are the person that is being complained about is probably partaking in actions that could be banned for. In SWTOR especially, if you press 1 key and in turn send keys of 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 for every one keypress, the server is getting lagged by the amount of input. That's why it causes other players problems when they're around.

As for the second one, the clear response is here:
    I'll be clear that certain ways of technically implementing multi-boxing are very much against the Terms of Service
    means that while multiboxing is allowed, but in situations like the one above, there are ways you could not be true multiboxing and therefore moving into the area of botting or automation which *is* in the TOS.