Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Flavor of the Month

1. What group composition are you currently using and why?
    a. Someone may say "well that depends on what do you want to do". So what do you do with the team you have?
    b. I see folks with teams as small as 3 mans, and guys like Sam playing 28 man teams. Other than being able to one shot someone, what compels you to get more and more power?

2. I see alot of DK's, Mages, Priests, Shamans, and Pallys in todays streams and youtube videos.
    a. does priest bubble, renew and healing damage make them the best healers in movement intensive mechanics?
    b. Is it practical to box hunters? They seem like a jack of all trades class.
    c. Are Mages and DK's desired for their cool-downs and ability to damage on the move?

3. What makes a good minimum effort - maximum output group for PVP and PVE group?
    a. For PVE didn't this used to = 1 Pally, 1 Restro Shaman, 3 elemental shaman?

4. What makes a good fun group (ie. more micromanagement, PVP power, class synergy, imba round robin abilities etc...
    a. I had alot of fun playing DK's years ago. They had unique abilities and nice amount of micro.
    b. With PVP banns being dangerous to your accounts health. What do you do for fun PVE wise?
    c. With the steps blizzard has taken in battlegrounds (/follow and oque) how have you coped.
    d. Other than play the market what things can you do with your team to have fun in PVE.

thank you

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...-using-the-SoR
    Last edited by JackBurton : 03-17-2014 at 07:28 PM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post

a. Someone may say "well that depends on what do you want to do". So what do you do with the team you have?

5 Shammys, i like the healing a all round good group. two nice specs to have access to casters and melee

b. I see folks with teams as small as 3 mans, and guys like Sam playing 28 man teams. Other than being able to one shot someone, what compels you to get more and more power?
    AM playing five but three works good if your all caster group for the 3 mans, goes down to what you do.
    2. I see alot of DK's, Mages, Priests, Shamans, and Pallys in todays streams and youtube videos.
    a. does priest bubble, renew and healing damage make them the best healers in movement intensive mechanics?
    priest has a smart heal that you just dps a target and the healer will heal the clones for you kinda easy stuff
    Hunters can be box but in five man i find them to do my head in 3 hunters are easier to mange guy on youtube got five hunters his doing well in arana (gaming and lifting)
    c. Are Mages and DK's desired for their cool-downs and ability to damage on the move?
    DK's are kinda cool for there DEATH GRIP they have a lot off RNG i find them a little to much to max out dps for arana anyway they make great tanks for pve
    3. What makes a good minimum effort - maximum output group for PVP and PVE group?
    Ehn shammys by far
    you would not need the healer four shammys as ehc with a pally or blooddk will do fine i done very fast hc runs <10m a run nonstop pulling using Chain heal on melstrom procs.
    4. What makes a good fun group (ie. more micromanagement, PVP power, class synergy, imba round robin abilities etc
    Hell knows
    a. I had alot of fun playing DK's years ago. They had unique abilities and nice amount of micro.
    yep as did i in cata there random stuff now makes them a pain. works well in pve.
    b. With PVP banns being dangerous to your accounts health. What do you do for fun PVE wise?
    Where did you read that? all my accounts have been find months now am not cheating the game or braking the rules. all i get from support is if am playing the game and am not making it hard for others to play then there is no rule to stop muti acconts in bg's. arena still has follow.
    c. With the steps blizzard has taken in battlegrounds (/follow and oque) how have you cope
    Queing more then five chars could get you banned there the olny boxers i seen or heard got banned for getting round follow. nerver plaed more then five so without oque who cares.

d. Other than play the market what things can you do with your team to have fun in PVE.
    i changed JP to HP a lot of the time.

thank you
    Your welcome

see the bold text!

Even though I currently like warrior for solo, and I prefer melee in general. I gotta admit shamans are the best overall. They are just so conducive for boxing. All three specs work really well caster/melee/healing and you dont have to level a separate class if you wish to change between the three and two specs have control over when they burst(hate dks for burst control). Only issue is you have to lvl a tank if you wish to do pve 5 mans. Druids work as well but there stance macros bug me personally. I like to keep things simple.
    Last edited by Fat Tire : 03-13-2014 at 05:42 PM

I just got rid of my two shaman and two warlocks and added 3 pals and 1 priest.

Now I have: 17 Arch Mage 5 Disc Attonment Priests 4 Prot Pally 1 Blood DK 1 Demo Warlock The Mage/Priest/Pally trinity is way way stonger then a bunch of shaman, jack of all trades and master of none.

I am going to try and take down 25 man Immerss the shaman were usless in a moving pve encounter. Warlocks are ok but mages are just better.

My plan is to have 3 tanks so each takes less damage.
    Last edited by Sam DeathWalker : 03-14-2014 at 08:15 PM

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

I'm still in RAF with my 5 accounts, so I am levelling a few different teams with the plan to mix and match once I'm done, to make some good fun PVE 5 man teams.
    So currently:
    1 - Paladin Tank, Shaman Healer, Hunter, Mage, Boomkin
    2 - Warrior Tank, D. Priest Healer, Ele Shaman, Ele Shaman, Ele Shaman
    3 - Monk Tank, 4x MW Monk Healer/Melee DPS (Going to switch 2 to WW, this team is to help my learning how to melee-iwt)
    Have 2 more planned, so I have a tank and healer of each class

I'm all about PVE, never been much of a PVP player. I used to love soloing old instances/raids, now I can kinda do the same with current(ish) content by "5man soloing".

5 is enough for me at the moment, having the setup to get into Dungeon Finder is all that I'm really concerned with.

So far, I'm finding Disc Priest to be an awesome healer. Ability to do good DPS while healing is 2nd to none (at least so far)

I've done a team of 3 hunters up to about lv25, but I dumped it in favor of 5man teams, not being able to get into DF annoyed me.

Dunno, I think Shammy cooldowns rock. Heroism and Elementals spam is awesome!

If I wanted to start again, the easiest I'd guess is: Paladin Tank, Disc Priest Healer, Mage, Ele Shaman, Hunter.
    They seem very easy to use in a mb setup.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 03-20-2014 at 11:26 PM Reason: font color stripped
    <Aperture Science Academy> ~ Khaz'goroth (US/Oceanic)
    6x 5 Man Dungeon Teams (2 at 90, 4 at 85)

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:
    2x Wizards, 2x Witch Doctors

Check out my YouTube channel for some 'boxing vids!
    http://youtube.com/user/theOlz83

Quote Originally Posted by Sam DeathWalker View Post
    stonger then a bunch of shaman, jack of all trades and master of none.
    been trying to find a word for my shammy group