Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Default GTX Titan Black Released

If this is true...

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-preparing-gtx-780-ti-6gb-edition/

/sigh

I've got until the end of the month to return my 3GB models.

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/02...k-titan-black/

I've got 16 days left on my EVGA Step-Up, but Titans don't qualify for that program apparently. Oh well, I wouldn't actually be able to change anything in my setup with those GPUs if I could afford them.

To put it into perspective:

PQgkQ3N.png
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-18-2014 at 01:37 PM

Thank you for the link. It looks like an upgrade is in order sometime this year.

some rich boxer just needs to buy out the titan stock to we can get these in! ( JK ) .. im glad you posted this.. i was just about to buy the 3gb version.. ill wait for 6Gb ( im currently using 580 3gb )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Honestly, it's a tough call because I'm likely going to be limited by CPU before I'll be limited by GPU (as I've shown in my latest stress test). It's easy for me to just back down the Ultra+ settings a notch in order to save on VRAM, or I can fully, or partially, separate my SLI setup to get 6GB or even 9GB of total VRAM if necessary.

Even if a 6GB card comes out, I doubt I'll upgrade to it unless EVGA offers it as part of their Step-Up program (which is highly unlikely). I'd rather not have to deal with pulling the GPUs out, removing the backplates, sending them back to Amazon, waiting for a refund, then being able to buy the newer, and more expensive, 6GB variants of the GPU... it'd be a total hassle and there'd be weeks of downtime.

Don't worry once they're out I'll change my mind. >_>

My opinion is that most of the time the GPU is waiting for the CPU (actually the memory controller) to deliver it textures.

What appears to be a CPU limit is really the Memory Controller taking data from system ram and moving it to cpu cache then moving that data from cpu cache to video memory.

In my opinion nothing will speed you up as much as more video ram, because the texture data is already on the video card takes a lot of pressure off of the cpu memory controller.

The ALU in the CPU is not any kind of limit in wow. The GPU might be limit at high effects.

The bottleneck is going to almost always be getting the textures from the storage unit to the video card ram.
    Last edited by Sam DeathWalker : 01-09-2014 at 08:34 PM

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

The new Titan went live today:

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/02...k-titan-black/

It's a slightly ​overclocked 780 Ti with 6GB of VRAM. This thread's title was originally about a 6GB 780 Ti, but I've edited it since it's actually a new Titan.

The article says it's available now. Where do you buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    The article says it's available now. Where do you buy it?
    http://www.evga.com/Products/Product...TX+TITAN+BLACK