Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Blog Entries

Default One year later: what do you use menus for?

I mastered the pro config a few months ago and I'm looking at menus as the next big thing to incorporate into my setup. Even on isboxer.com though we don't seem to see a lot of tutorials on how people are actually using their menus.

I personally think that the next things I want to work on will be round robining certain seldom used abilities like battle rezzes and better tank "oh shit" healing. But I was just curious, of the people using menus as part of their complex setup, how are you using them? (I did see big carls cool youtube video about using menus to set up his video feeds).

I've been using them to both identify each of my game clients and act as a Key Map toggle. In addition, I am also going to implement a Menu to swap between game clients much quicker and easier, but I just recently learned that I can also move my advanced healing setup from Click Bars to Menus using custom XML, so that should be interesting.

Blog Entries

Mirai do you have a video for menus? I love your videos as much as I love alge's text tutorials but I'm not finding either for menus.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    Mirai do you have a video for menus? I love your videos as much as I love alge's text tutorials but I'm not finding either for menus.
    No, I do not, but they're on the list of videos that need to be made. Soon™

Blog Entries

I pretty much integrate something into my boxing, once I reach a point where there's something I want to do that cannot be done with my current setup.
    If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

However, I greatly appreciate that Lax does develop those options... so when I want to do something that was previously difficult/impossible, there is a tool in place to allow for it.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Blog Entries

I'm currently leaning towards using them for things where I am sick of trying to remember the keybinds. ATM that means addons and video feeds.

I'm in a similar situation. I've incorporated more click bars and learned How to use VFX but am unsure what menus really are and how they are different from click bars.

PVE and PVP teams on Lightninghoof-US (lvl 70+)

Blog Entries

I now have 2.5 One that pops up a wheel that offers summon stone, soulstone/brez, and addon sets, the addon set loading wheel, and now a professions wheel. The most fun thing about the professions wheel is that I got to choose my favorite (prettiest) pictures for each of the wow professions rather than using the same boring ones I've been looking at for years.