Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Default Newb Suggestions?

I have 12 account keys and I'm about to get back into Eve. I'm doing some initial intel and was hoping I could get some input from some of you folks on what to do to get me started. In the past I built up to a drake then a raven but am open to trying different ships. I'm a blank slate. I'm going to do is start 3-4 accounts all running battleships and spamming L4 missions til I save up enough to PLEX them each for a couple months, then phasing in 1-2 more accounts at a time until I can join the wormhole alliance you've all put together if you'll have me. I'm pretty good at the game so I think I can figure out how to set up ISBoxer and run multiple accounts pretty quick. My PC is a dual core G2020 @ 2.9GHz with 4GB of RAM and a Radeon HD 5700 with 1GB dedicated ram and another 1770 system shared so I know I need an upgrade but it's enough to get me started out I'm thinking. Thx. -Icehound
    Last edited by Icehound : 12-12-2013 at 08:10 AM

I would suggest going the sentry drone route. Besides being the flavor of the month it is very easy to multi box. Just have your alts assign there drones to the main character and you have the dps of 4 ships while only flying 1. Also railguns have been largly improved over the last 2 expansions so gal is a good route to train. This would give youe Myrmidons, Ishtars, Domi's for drones and thorax , mega for rails / blasters your choice. Also there armor based so it will fit in well with the WH ops. Just a few thoughts from an eve vet.

I'll give it some serious thought. I'm at character creation right now but think I'll hold off on finalizing a character until I've gathered more intel. I was wanting to do some fits on EFT and see which ships have the best dps. Thanks Dragon.
    Last edited by Icehound : 12-12-2013 at 11:26 AM

Still need to come up with a game plan for the long haul once I get 12 accounts running.
    Last edited by Icehound : 12-13-2013 at 10:31 PM

Definitely invest at least one character into logistics. This will help your spider tanked fleet immensely being able to perma run transporters or reppers, in addition to high burst repping.

Another investment would be a dedicated fleet booster that can perma run many types of Fleet boost mods. Gaining 50% more shield or armor, reduced remote rep or transport time and +10% in all resists is well worth the slot and train time.

Due to connection issues, I'm thinking about starting out with 2 battleships doing L4s with permatanks that can do 2x the dps and save some docking time by doing 2x the missions before I have to dock. I figure 2 ships, as long as I manage them right, can only double my mission running speed if not better because of the reduced docking time. Might move up to 3-5 ships if I can manage a method for telling all 3-5 to target the same enemy. I want to choose the race that can fly whatever ship would be the most help to you folks out in WH space.
    Last edited by Icehound : 12-13-2013 at 10:30 PM

Can someone explain better the role, fit and place of a fleet booster? Can that be a character off grid sitting in a POS? or does it have to be with you in the fray, trained on one of your characters? What ships can you use with that, and what boosts do you get?

I think this info is up to date. Someone correct me otherwise: You used to be able to use off grid boosters in a POS, but now boosters have to be outside in space (not necessarily on grid) where they can be probed down and killed. Yes, you train for the ships if you want bonuses to your boosts. Command ships (T2 battlecruisers) > T3 boosters > * for normal play. Read this: http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Fleet_Leadership
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

CCP will be removing drone assist, and might even remove fleet warp. so don't plan on your sentry fleet lasting long.

boxers don't require drone assist if you're using mouse broadcasting. fleet warp either.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.