Close
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 110 of 115

So many things to try; so little time.

I'm going to stick with the Monks for a little longer; maybe Blizzard will buff them, or something. If nothing else, they can be my go-to bounty farming group. (I believe the stats on cache dropped items are set by the class that opens them rather than the class that did the bounties; though level is definitely set in stone at the time the cache is received. I vaguely remember remember testing this, and thus the belief, but I could be wrong.) Maybe after I finish kitting them out in aughilds/borns/captains I'll get bored. Mostly I'm missing the plans, and the rings of grandeur. (I'm totally willing to have one bad ring to make future set combinations viable.)

Witchdoctor's look pretty tempting. Though I'd like to avoid the itemization thing. I'm a dabbler, ultimately, and it's pretty unlikely I'll complete a single anything let alone 4. That's probably pretty typical though. Still, I suppose I should focus on one team if only to grind out the really useful paragon points. I wonder what the quickest team to gear up to being able to handle high torment would be, without relying on rare drops. (e.g. crafted things). Might be worth revisiting my wizzies.

I've ran into the FPS thing a few times already. My 7970 gets to max utilization and things start stuttering. Probably time to revisit SLI. I have a couple of Kraken G10's (impulse buy) that are waiting for a use. That's a whole nother discussion, though.
    Last edited by Ishar : 04-28-2014 at 08:21 PM

Not using SLI, runs smooth here. Nothing too crazy I don't think.

I think Wizards or Crusaders are the easiest to do higher torments with, although you run into kill speed issues with certain types of setups.

I re-made my WD build a bit after the advice given here and Grave Injustice is a pretty staple ability - especially on lower torments. Possibly with damage scaling it may improve but hot dog Jaunt is always up, and I spam the Gargs whenever they are up, so it still feels like they are active most of the time but now they do crazy damage.
    Could not drop the Fetish Army though, using rain of toads - it just doesn't spawn enough little guys compared to the 8 you can summon on command - one of my characters uses a carnevil and all those poison darts turn into some pretty fast damage.
    I ticked it up to Torment 2 and my clear speed felt the same, with slightly more gear I am going to push it further. Hoping they roll out that patch soon to make the higher torments more worthwhile.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Whats your attack speed? I have around 2 in all my chars. That creates a decent army in just a few seconds. If u have Carnevil, thats great. It's a very solid build that scales amazing since you can stack just poison and FA damage and do high damage. That's in my TODO list, but sadly I've been VERY unlucky with Zuni pieces. I think I've got just one and it was the helm :/ Been luckier with Jade than Zuni.

I think my atk speed is around 1.7, it's odd to start stacking it because most classes want CC and CHD first.
    with a Carnevil though splinters is needed instead and not sure what the proc rate is on that.
    Additionally if you go the poison route, use FA headhunters as it takes your Poison % into account, same goes for Tiki Torchers if you stack fire. It makes them all that damage type instead of just the additional ones that pop out.
    (This is from what I have read at least)
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    If someone wants to try a stupidly easy and safe 4x wizard build, try this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...YO!dWRS!cYZccZ

With enough toughness, u can even do T6. If u dont have high dps, it will be very slow, but completely doable. It's a stunlock build and because of the Illusionist passive u can spam bubbles all over the place. If u roundrobin blackhole and Frost Nova, u can keep everything frozen/stunned, even elites. I usually have Blackhole in roundrobin with 2 groups, each with 2 runes (Supermassive + Even horizon or Spellsteal). Paired with Strongarms, its a very strong combo. Also roundroubin of Frost Nova for 33% debuff + 10% of cold blooded. Not to mention your Duplicates also spam Black Holes and Frost Novas (tho they don't add the debuff effects, just CC).

Its just a matter of playing with passives for more damage/survivability and some skills. No need for someone to tank when u have everything stunned frozen This with a nice Tal's set and u can clear everything safe and fast. Add a Thunderfury with Fire Damage and Frozen Armor to proc the 20% debuff from Elemental Exposure + all 4 meteor types from Tal's set will rain from the sky.

Keep in mind FPS can be an issue if u don't have decent hardware.
    I tried this, spammed mirror images on CD and it just made my Wizards move further and further apart so they weren't attacking the same target. Do you have a different tactic?

Each duplicate casts 1 bubble and u get 4 on each char. With 4x wizards, that means 16 bubbles that will stun a white mob for 3 secs and elites for prolly a little less than 1 sec. If u take 15% damage, Illusionist will proc and reset Mirror Images cooldown. Granted, not all chars will get hit at the same time so only some will have Mirror Image available and desync a little bit after each cast but u shouldn't be spamming mirror images. Just use it enough times to stun your target so u can kill it safe.

Also, roundroubin Blackhole and Novas will make u keep thing in place without the need of spamming Mirror Images to the point of having your chars spread all over the screen. If u are not able to kill things with just a couple Mirror Images casts and using all your other CC skills, then u prolly should go down a difficulty.
    Last edited by Devile : 04-29-2014 at 06:17 PM

My wizards churn through t1 easy, spamming a rift warden is when I had big sync issues due to health pool. Besides wasn't the build suggested for slowly but surely t6, I have 600k+ damage average each wiz.

I will try without spamming mirrors

Sure u can do T6 with enough toughness and low dps but it will take forever and u need to manage the desync problems of using mirror images too many times, specially if u are not fully using the rest of CC skills in roundrobin like I said. Desyncing is something multiboxers have to live with and there are many ways to easily deal with it. From different keymaps to using the objects in the map to help u resync. I never stated this was a spam 1 skill and clear T6 build. U will be able to easily scale up difficulty levels but u need to balance whats more efficient in terms of farming speed.

Once again, Blackhole and Frostnova in round robin are key to this build. If u don't do that, then your only CC source will be Mirror Images, which can lead to the need of spamming it. U can even switch to Cold Snap rune for Frost Nova so the cooldown is 7.5, which means that with 4x wizards, u can have permafreeze. And that can be casted while moving without Arcane cost. U can even setup a simple macro keyboard (mouse/keyboard drivers usually have this and its legal) so it's casted every 1.875 in the party. Rift Guardians can be tough but even them will easily die with this amount of CC.
    Last edited by Devile : 04-30-2014 at 11:26 AM

Quote Originally Posted by TheShox View Post
    I've been playing 4x Crusaders and it is an absolute blast. People on several forums complain that the Crusader doesn't have a lot of damage and is cooldown heavy. Cooldowns and damage are are not a problem for a multiboxer. I recommend everyone try out 4 crusaders and below is why.

My Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#UkYlfR!ageW!cbaZbY

Try it and any feedback would be cool.
    Awesome build man, I just switched to it about an hour ago I'm still in my early 40's with the team, but the build is awesome.

Has anyone tried 4 barbs? Fire-Barbs seem to be very strong.