Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: RaF 1-90

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Oh snap, Tonuss just reminded me...

There's a level 80 Cataclysm green gear vendor at the Nordrassil camp in Hyjal now. That might help you balance yourself out if you're missing heirlooms.
    I'm lvlin a new team on a new server and that gear is invaluable. I'm not realm xferring to this server, so I am starting off with nothing, no gold no bags, and just by doing the dungeon quests, and vendoring just about everything but cloth, I had JUST enough to purchase a full set of 80 gear from the vendor once I hit 80. It made a huge difference in my DPS and survivability, as most of my older gear was crap, in northrend some of the stuff I was wearing was vanilla stuff, even as old as Zul'Farrak...

So it is fully possible to do it quickly, with no gold help and with no heirlooms. That said, it's MUCH faster with a full set of heirlooms, not only because of the exp incraease, but the gear is perfectly optimized (provided you have the right heirloom sets) and you do so much more DPS especially at lower levels.

I think I'll wait until cross realm BoA mailing is possible in the next patch before doing another team. I still have some looms to upgrade to 85 anyway.

Just finished farming 5 sets of upgraded chest and shoulder heirlooms. Should be done with the weapons tomorrow. I wonder if the heirloom 85 upgrades were even worth it, but it's too late now. Will buy the guild +xp heirlooms, then that's it I guess. +50% xp with the guild bonus. Do if I need to get the non +xp heirlooms too?

Melee team will be the first to group, equipped each with a +int staff and cloth armor lol. Hope it won't make a big difference in level speed.
    Last edited by Damons : 12-08-2013 at 02:01 AM

Looks like cross realm heirlooms are coming tomorrow!

Has anyone done this from 80-85 boosting yet? Does the deepholm grind spot still work or are y'all runnin your boost teams through Cata instances??
    DARKSPEAR Alliance <Legíon of Boom>
    30 BOX DEATH DEALER. Win:Win

80-85 with RAF is a breeze. You boost 4 alts with a 90 in Stonecore. It's almost a level a run. 6 runs from 80-85. Takes a little over an hour.

Make sure to buy the level 80 starter Cata gear in Hyjal just so you can survive if you get hit. Otherwise leave your guys WAY back and don't attack anything. You don't even need to be in the closed room with the boss fights to get exp.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews