Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default New to multiboxing wondering what to do

I'm going to be using ISboxer i have 3 accounts atm that i can train for anything. So im just wondering what would make me the most isk. Im not exactly sure how many clients my PC can handle so any advice on that would be great.
    SPECS:
    i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
    8GB Ram
    nvidia geforce GTS 240

System RAM is going to be your major issue - my i7-920 with 12GB RAM was capping out at 10 clients when I last MBd Eve... http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...149#post382149
    Neither the CPU nor GPU were really stressed, barely hitting 30-40%.
    It's all about the RAM!
    At a guess, with 8GB, 6 clients would ok, with 7 you might start paging.
    Should be relatively cheap to upgrade from 8GB to 16GB RAM, though, especially if you have free slots now.

Can't comment on how to make your ISK these days - made my fortune mining ice, then they decided to nerf ice mining so I decided to stop giving CCP my money.
    By the time I quit, 5-box null-sec ratting with Typhoons (cheap battleships, firing cruise missiles from 130km) made more money than 10-box ice mining!

with 3 accounts, probably ratting. You'll clear sites 3x as fast, and get 3x the bounties. Mining/Industry isn't worth boxing imo unless you're doing a large number of accounts (10+)
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

So if i was to get 16gb Ram do you think that would be able to run 11 accounts on minimum graphics at 30 fps? I really want to try multiboxing incursions i just dont think my system can handle that many accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotbitch View Post
    So if i was to get 16gb Ram do you think that would be able to run 11 accounts on minimum graphics at 30 fps? I really want to try multiboxing incursions i just dont think my system can handle that many accounts
    Graphics and FPS are more related to your video card than your system RAM. 16gb is plenty for 11 accounts. I'm running 11 accounts right now, and I'm using 9.4gb of RAM, just to give you an idea of RAM usage.

I personally think your card might be ok unless you're planning to get fancy/pro with a VideoFX setup. As far as a graphics card goes, I wouldn't get anything with less than 2gb memory. Normally, the increased ram doesn't do much for your average gaming, but it really does matter when you're running multiple games. If you're planning on running Incursions, then I would use the VideoFX feature in ISBoxer (which is a decent hog on resources).
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Yeah I'll be using alot of video FX, so new graphics card and more ram and i should be okay that shouldnt set me back too much IRL money :P