Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Formations - Rift and ISBoxer41 question

Can it be setup so that character can follow the active player while maintaining formation?

I've got as far as being able to change formations (line, star, V) and can manually move the followers as a group in formation.

But having them follow me in formation is a whole different story.

By design, the follow command puts the followers behind whoever they're following at a set distance.

So... no, you cannot "follow" while in a formation.

Default move as a group in formation

Even if its not actually actually using a Follow macro maybe theres a way to move everyone in a group while holding formation.

if you look in the keymaps group Non-combat there are two keys for Others turn right and left.

1a.jpg

So I copied one of them as a template and created keymaps for going forward and backward:

1b.jpg

I originally did this to actually move my group of followers instead of just turning to face a target for line of sight. And in writing this post I wonder if this would work: creating alternate keymaps for turn right/left and move forward/backward (ie: Alt-up arrow, etc) and then instead of the key controlling All others, make it control everyone:

1c.jpg

only problem is that this would work only for short distances because small variances in the direction individual characters are facing make them break away from the group.

You answered your own question...

Quote Originally Posted by 360madden View Post
    Even if its not actually actually using a Follow macro maybe theres a way to move everyone in a group while holding formation.
    Quote Originally Posted by 360madden View Post
    only problem is that this would work only for short distances because small variances in the direction individual characters are facing make them break away from the group.
    If we could efficiently move around in formations more people would be doing it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post

If we could efficiently move around in formations more people would be doing it.

Indeed. While singing the kazoo march from Robin Hood Men in Tights, like the Sheriff of Rottingham.