Close
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 69

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
    Mirai, What affected your decision making for your group composition? You have a wide range of CC there. large array of buffs. Your Pally allows you to not only AoE but take quite a licking while doing so. You have backup heals for your backup heals. What else am i leaving out. Why warrior out of all the Melee choices?
    I don't really have any concrete reasons for choosing this team composition except that I wanted a mixed team and they were the first five characters to hit level 80. The Warrior is part of a second team that hit level 80 and since I ended up not liking the Druid all that much on the first team I just moved the Warrior over because she was on the same account (but part of the second team). There are some nice things about the Warrior, which I'll cover in a later video, but I didn't make the decision to replace the Druid with the Warrior because of a mathematical equation which told me the Warrior was better number-wise; and in fact, by removing the Druid I've lost the only battle rez I had.

Like I mentioned in the latest video, I'd like to keep the Mage around because one day I know I'm going to want to sheep something, but until then she's kinda worthless in her current state if we're just looking at total damage and DPS. I was tempted to replace her with a Retribution Paladin which I have sitting idle (again, from the second team) because melee classes seem to be doing great in Wrath heroics -- But that's the problem... They're Wrath heroics, and they're pretty easy since they're no longer current content. I know at some point I'm going to do content which is more difficult than what I'm doing right now and I won't be able to over gear them. Ranged classes are almost always easier to manage when multiboxing and if I permanently replace the Mage with a second Paladin then my entire team is going to be melee minus the healer. Obviously, an all melee team is not the easiest composition to manage because once I encounter a boss that does some AoE damage I'm not going to be able to heal 4 characters while I'm trying to get them all out of the fire, whereas with a ranged team they'd all be spread out and there would be no AoE damage being dealt at all.

However, I can only hope that one day I have so much time on my hands that I can just level up a ton of classes and then do a ridiculous amount of theorycrafting and write-ups about synergy and group compositions which other people might find useful, but until then, I'm just pretty much playing what I think is fun to play (which will always be my first recommendation when playing any game).

watched your last youtube movie <3

is there anywhere a list of the WoW addons you use? or a screenshot of your Addons Folder?
    | Keyclone + AHK | Alliance | EU | PvE |

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    watched your last youtube movie <3

is there anywhere a list of the WoW addons you use? or a screenshot of your Addons Folder?
    I don't want to leave you hanging, but no, not at the moment. I pulled down my RAM drive so that I could edit some videos.

Asterix this older thread may give you some inspiration and guidance.
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Episode 7 is up!

http://youtu.be/-c6vJ991Dbc

Episode 7 shows how you can take care of buffs in most MMO's. A good proof of concept video. I"d like to put forth another solution to managing buffs in World of Warcraft involving the SmartBuff addon.

• complements a minimalist clean UI look. It can be configured to leave no buttons or other residue.
    • It can be integrated into isboxer's macro library with the macro command [/click SmartBuff_KeyButton]
    • bind it to something like your follow key. added as a second or consecutive step to your follow action.
    • Its a set and forget system. Allowing you spend more your attention on other matters.

• Supports all classes
    • Checks buffs and rebuff you, raid/party members, raid/party pets
    • Setup your own buff templates (Solo, Party, Raid, Battleground, MC, Ony, BWL, AQ, ZG, Custom 1-5)
    • Auto switch templates
    • Individual setup for each buff
    • Supports group buffs: 'Gift of the Wild'/'Arcane Brilliance'/'Prayer of Fortitude'/'Prayer of Spirit', incl. group size and reagence check
    • Supports class buffs: all greater blessings of the Paladin
    • Supports self buffs
    • Supports weapon buffs (individual for main and off hand): Shaman, all poisons (Rogue), all stones and oils, incl. reagence check
    • Reminder if a buff is missing (Splash/chat/sound)
    • Only one key is needed
    Last edited by JackBurton : 06-30-2014 at 05:35 PM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/xytOEcn.png

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I'll have a look at it after work.

Thanks for the image of your addon folder.
    | Keyclone + AHK | Alliance | EU | PvE |

Episode 8 is up!

http://youtu.be/laYSlYfpL-M

Awesome that you're continuing the series, MiRai, your vids are great!

Your UI and setup is so clean, it makes me want to re-do mine, but I'm just too lazy.

Random question, but what do the characters beside your unit frames say?

Also, is there anywhere a guide/tutorial on that healing setup? It seems like it's a great way to go and I think I'd like to mimic it on some of my teams.
    Last edited by TheOlz : 07-04-2014 at 08:51 AM Reason: Another question
    <Aperture Science Academy> ~ Khaz'goroth (US/Oceanic)
    6x 5 Man Dungeon Teams (2 at 90, 4 at 85)

Diablo 3 - Dual Boxing:
    2x Wizards, 2x Witch Doctors

Check out my YouTube channel for some 'boxing vids!
    http://youtube.com/user/theOlz83