Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Wow log in problems

Hi,

Since 5.2 On my win7 machine I have two battlenet accounts each on it's own hard drive and folder. If i am logged into number 1 and try to log into number 2 it fills in the log in info for 1. If i blank that out and type the true info i am able to log in but all my settings are gone.

If i then log out of both accounts and back into 2, the correct log in is there and the settings are fine. Stay on and try 1 and it shows the info for 2 and the same problem.

I tried deleting Battle.net folders. C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Client C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Setup which usual helps but did not this time. Hard resets and run as admin.

If i log into 1 and stay logged in, delete the programdata\battlenet folder, then log into 2 is does work but as soon as i log out it reverts.

I am caught in a loop and can not log into both my accounts at the same time.

Thanks for any help.

What program are you using? Are you sure you're running the WoW's from the proper folders? If you're running from separate folders, the login info should be saved to separate Config.wtf's located in World of Warcraft/WTF.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    What program are you using? Are you sure you're running the WoW's from the proper folders? If you're running from separate folders, the login info should be saved to separate Config.wtf's located in World of Warcraft/WTF.
    i have the same shortcuts to launcher in the different folders on each HD as before, these worked before the last patch, and each work fine if no other version is running.

I know the info is there because if i run a single instance everything fills in and works. More than one and it copies the log in of the first and wipes my settings.

Quote Originally Posted by madvlad View Post
    i have the same shortcuts to launcher in the different folders on each HD as before, these worked before the last patch, and each work fine if no other version is running.

I know the info is there because if i run a single instance everything fills in and works. More than one and it copies the log in of the first and wipes my settings.
    In my experience, you usually need to recreate any "special" shortcuts you have set up after patches.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    In my experience, you usually need to recreate any "special" shortcuts you have set up after patches.
    recreated, no affect. I am able to launch the two accounts that are on the same battlenet account, but any that are on different ones loop the log in to the first one logged in.

Exactly the same problem here ... 5 accounts >> 5 separate drives over 2 PCs >> 5 separate shortcuts to wow.exe on desktop.

There is a work-a-round as follows .. not ideal, but needs must.

Navigate to C:\ProgramData and locate the following 2 folders ...

Battle.net
    Blizzard Entertainment

Launch Account 1 .. then DELETE the 2 folders .. Battle.net & Blizzard Entertainment

Launch Account 2 .. small update to re-create the 2 folders .. then you should see the details for Account 2

I know this is not ideal, but it works.

I think maybe this problem has got to do with something not being correct with one or both of these folders, maybe write permissions or something like that.

Or maybe the way Win 7 is set up.

Now where did I put that hunny .. ..