Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Travelling Outside of US, how to deal with account lockout due to logging in from unknown location?

Hi all,
    so the other day I was at a relatives house and when I tried to log into WoW it automatically locked me out due to logging in from an unknown location. I will be traveling to Europe in April and I am wondering how I can play WoW there. Currently I can unlock my account using SMS protect but on my trip I will not be able to use my cell phone and wondering how I can handle this.

I am wondering if I have an authenticator on the account with the hardware authenticators will that prevent me from being locked out?

Any help or advice welcome.

Traveling to Foreign Country.

To play WoW.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

I'm going to guess that only Blizzard can tell you your full list of options in this situation.

In the past I have used the mobile authenticator ( iPhone / android) on my account. When I log in at a new location it would normally lock my account and send an email to my battle.net email account. This email contains a link to change you password at the us.battle.net site (of course you need your authenticator to log in and do that). There were also some security questions that were asked each time you change your password (ones that are setup in you account previously).

In the past I was required to unlock every wow account on the battle.net account separately, but recently it has required me to only unlock the battle.net account once to allow all the wow accounts. (Extra background info)

Hope some of this helps you.

I had these kind of problems also a couple of times (german guy but living in turkey and travalling between both of them) and i also talked with blizz about that. Since i have the mobile authenticator all problems are away ...
    So don't worry, it will work well!

greetings
    Eloni

So a quick update on this thread. I just got back from vacation and the mobile authenticator did not work (I believe this maybe due to the EU servers would return a different code to the US servers) . So I got the whole password reset account stuff when I tried to log on. So I just bit the bullet and did not play during my vacation, which was fine as my only playtime was to do daily trades etc.

I play on EU and travel to the US quite a lot for work. I use an authenticator and have never had a problem logging on
    The only time i did have an issue was when I tried to do some account admin (moving a char between accounts) and one of my accounts got locked. I spoke with Blizz who confirmed it was an auto lock because the 'admin' tasks came from out of region. Account unlocked with no hassle and all fine now

Based in the states, but No problems via Canada or Mexico. Couple of years ago I had issues in Canada once but since the authenticator change no problems at all.
    ..... s l o w l y getting there