Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Blood dk macro

/cast and /use can be used interchangeably for nearly every addressable slot in the game, (char/paperdoll window, bags, bank), every place has a number assigned to it. For example 16 and 17 are the weapons, 13 and 14 are the trinkets. I don't know all of them or even if the example is correct but it doesn't really matter in this context. By adding the 0,0,0 or 1,2,3 you are attempting to use an item that has no use ability, in a castsequence when something doesn't fire it would normally hang the macro, in the case of using items with no use ability, it successfully "casts" nothing and advances the macro.
    For the lazy macros like the one above, if you spam the crap out of the macro it will do nothing for all the lines with a zero and then fire the first non-zero line, on the next press it will run down the lines until it hits a spell in the second position, and so on. If you don't spam in less than 0.3 seconds it will reset all of the lines and start the process over, essentially giving priority to one spell, however continuing to advance through the sequence if the spell is on cooldown, or for some other reason unable to be cast.

This circumvents the normal castsequence spell lockup, however, as it is done entirely with the in-game macro system and produces results no different than taping a popsicle stick to 10 keys and whacking away at that, people and blizz seem to have no problem with it. Just realize that their stance can change, or they can disable the ability in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Darm View Post
    I've been looking at the above quoted macro.

I'm trying to figure out what the purpose of the series of "0" of various length and how does the game interpret those. In addition, I've seen a few macros where instead of "0,0" the macro contains the text "1,2". I've looked in Khatovar's macro thread and there are additional examples but I don't see an explanation for what those numbers do.

I'm sure it's some it somehow prioritizes those listed abilities, but trying to figure out how the game interprets those commands so I can apply it and tweak it to my own setup. Thanks!
    They're equipment slots which are interpreted as empty key presses which become artificial delays so you can use abilities more efficiently. It's essentially the same system that Blizzard did away with after WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Have ISBoxer hit the key on press down and release. Double your key mashing. Also that macro is from lazymacros.com, go there next time you want a macro.
    I'll check that and see how it changes.

I get most of my macro's from lazymacros.com but I preferred the cast sequence ones, I'll see how this goes now.

Thanks for all the help guys

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Soul Reaper
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Rune Strike
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Death Strike
    /castsequence reset=0.3 0,Horn of Winter
    /castsequence reset=target/alt Icy Touch,Plague Strike,Blood Boil,null
    /castsequence reset=5 Heart Strike,Heart Strike,Death Strike,Heart Strike,Heart Strike,Death Strike,Heart Strike,Blood Boil,Death Strike
    /cast [combat] Blood Tap
    /cast [combat] Bone Shield
    /cast [combat] Dancing Rune Weapon
    /cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon
    /use [combat] 13
    /use [combat] 14
    /startattack
    Multiblocks is that just one big macro and if so how do you get past the character limit? Or is that several buttons and you just mash them all at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Phanes View Post
    Multiblocks is that just one big macro and if so how do you get past the character limit? Or is that several buttons and you just mash them all at once?
    There are numerous add-ons that extend the macro limit to the full 1,024 character limit (this includes ISBoxer).