Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Warlocks and mounting

Anyone see weird stuff happening with this? If I mount directly after combat I'm almost guaranteed to be dismounted. There is not text indicating why, my mount just disappears. I'm thinking it has something to do with Soulburn, but I'm not positive. My locks are affliction if anyone was wondering.

Can you post your mount macro?
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

Blog Entries

Does your macro start with /stopmacro [mounted]? That's important for making sure you don't overspam a mount key.

Default sorry for the confusion

I don't use a mount macro. I use one flying mount on the UI bar.

Blog Entries

Ah well there you go then. Switch to using a macro and you'll have a much nicer time of it:

/stopmacro [mounted]
    /cast [swimming] Abyssal Seahorse
    /cast [flyable] Sapphire Panther
    /cast Spectral Tiger

Default ??

But I only hit the key once. Its not like I'm spamming it. In fact all my teams are set up this way and war locks are the only class that dismount. I'm not talking immediate dismount, I'm talking 3 seconds after mounting they drop. Its really weird and it has gotten me ganked by 90s more time than I can count because I can't get away

Blog Entries

I'm not sure but switching to a macro should fix your problem. The other reason to switch is that sometimes 1/4 or 2/5 toons are in combat so when you mount up... only 3 toons mount up. If you wait a second and hit a normal mount button again, then the mounted half of your team will dismount while the stragglers mount.

That's why I always use mount (with the ever important stopmacro[mounted])/dismount macros rather than just keybinding a mount.

If I had to guess why its warlocks causing this problem, I know that in some instances lock/pally native mounts are different from other mounts (for example party cast bars will show a felsteed mount and not a normal one). Whatever you are running into is probably some behinds the scenes glitch caused by this (even though I know you are using a flying mount not a class specific one).