Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Multiboxing Shirrak the Dead Watcher??

This guy just seems impossible to me, for my current group of Druid + 4 Shaman.

He melees my druid with 63% Damage Reduction for 500s.
    Carnivorous Bite DoT - 1000 ever 3 sec on Tank.
    Shaman have casting time increased by 50-100% the whole fight. Can't avoid this.
    Every 15 seconds or so he calls out a player in Raid Warning, and 5 seconds later the spot they were standing on gets hit for 1600 Fire damage AE.

I tried to move the characters with Strafe when the warning popped, but that worked until AutoHotkey decided to bug on my "Move Alts" keys and they stop working until I reload the script. Normally this only takes 1 button press, but by the time I figure out its not working, my team has taken AE.

I then tried to make all the alt shaman follow 1 shaman (my most easily accessable via mouse) so I could move him out and they would follow. However I am too slow to react and they got hit everytime. And forget casting Chain Heal while healing the Druid with the 50-100% increased cast time.

Any suggestions? I know Skarlot has cleared this. Maybe a PM is in order....

Lokked
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

Auchenai Crypts 1st boss Strat?

I'm at my 3rd try right now... at this minute... all casters, this boss is a PIA. :cursing:
    [align=center]5-boxing - Paladin, Shaman, 3x Mages[/align]
    WC-20,VC-25,SFK-25,BFD-27,Stk-27,RFK-29,Gnm-31,SM (G-32,L-34,A-35,C-36),RFD-41,ULD-42,ZF-46,Mar(O-47, P-48, I-48],ST-52,BRD-54,62,LBRS-62,Strt-63,DM-63,Paly Mt Qt-63, Schl-63
    HR-63,BF-64,SP-64(2/3)68(3/3),UB-68,MT-67,AC-0/2,Seth-1/2,SH-1/4

At 69... gear from up to Nagrand quests... I got him down to 45% by just pure nuking. Loaded all trinkets, started with 3x pyro, then fire blast (instant), dragon breathe (instant), blast wave (instant aoe), arcane explosion (instant aoe), arcane explosion (instant aoe), arcane explosion (instant aoe), then 1 died, then another, then another, my shaman barely healed twice, all dead... :cursing:

I'm leaving this instance, abandoning the 1 quest and moving on the Blade's Edge.

I'll be back with better gear and nuke him later.
    WC-20,VC-25,SFK-25,BFD-27,Stk-27,RFK-29,Gnm-31,SM (G-32,L-34,A-35,C-36),RFD-41,ULD-42,ZF-46,Mar(O-47, P-48, I-48],ST-52,BRD-54,62,LBRS-62,Strt-63,DM-63,Paly Mt Qt-63, Schl-63

I got him down to 70% at 66, and I have already dropped the quest and will never return here with my group again.

Although, I was thinking, maybe I could just lead with the Druid in bear form, and run the whole group through his area, then reincarnate in a safe area behind him (if one exists) and continue on with the instance!

btw, how did you get to 69 without touching Blade's Edge? I finished all HP, Zangermarsh, Terrokar and Nagrand quests, except I did NO collection quests (except the garanteed drop ones) and my 5 chars are 66.7. Maybe I didn't run instances as often as you. I ran each of the ones appropriate for my level once, a few I did twice, and Mana Tombs I have don't maybe 6 times.

Lokked
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

This guy is a horrible pain for caster groups. For a largely shaman group, I'd say wait til 68 and drop 4 Fire Elemental Totems, then have 2 Shamans focus on healing the tank while the other two cast their long ass lightning bolts. If/when they get hit with a fire aoe, switch them out and have the two healers cast bolts while the other two chain heal. Cast your best shock when they're up. When I did this fight, I had trouble too, and had to pretty much rely on DoTs and instant casts to do any damage while kiting.

I got him at 66, but it took about 6 or 7 solid hours of attempts to come up with a good strategy (at first I was wiping at 80%). If you want to do him at 68, Fire Elementals help a lot. Otherwise, here is the strat I used:

1. When he leaves the front of the stairs to wander backwards, run everyone up top of the stairs (in the middle), and turn your shammies around so they are facing the bridge.

2. Stand to the side and pull him, using exorcism for extra threat. Make sure he runs around your shammies and gets positioned ~20 yards away from the shammies (no closer) at the base of the stairs.

3. As soon as he's in front of the shammies, use flame shock, pop trinkets and EM and cast lightning bolts for as long as you can.

4. When he focuses on a shammy, immediately walk all the shammies forward while backing up with your pally. The shammies should move about 10-15 yards to get out of range, and then cast flame shock. It's important that they don't get within 5 yards of him (this is why he needs to be no closer than 20 yards), or they will probably get the bleed. It's equally important to back up with your pally, to give the bleed stacks a chance to wear off, and so that he runs towards you immediately rather than staying in that area applying Bleed to everyone.

5. When he pulls you in to him, immediately back up with your pally and frost shock with your shammies.

Basically you are slowly moving backwards down the bridge whenever he uses his abilities. This greatly reduces the chances of the shammies getting bleed applied. Make sure to use your flame/frost shock. Keep earth shield up and get ready to use a health potion. If you need to, you can divine shield to lose some bleed stacks, but click it off quickly.

Before using this strat, I spent a couple of hours trying to just move left and right at the top of the stairs, and another hour trying to use an earth elemental to tank. Unfortunately, both of those strats require you to be 70 (or at least 68) and/or have great gear already. The focus is pretty easy to avoid by moving left or right, and healing an earth elemental is tough, but not impossible. However, because he is being tanked mostly in one place, your shammies will get the bleed effect on them when he uses his pull. And (at least for the gear I had at the time) they will almost certainly die from it.

I had a pretty decent level of greens with some blues from doing Hellfire/Zangarmarsh/Terokkar quests, and I was getting one-shotted by the focus bombs, while one stack of bleed would take me down to about 10%.
    AETeam Suramar ~ aeara ~ aebra ~ aecra ~ aedra ~ aeera

Quote Originally Posted by 'Lokked',index.php?page=Thread&postID=45370#post45 370
    btw, how did you get to 69 without touching Blade's Edge? I finished all HP, Zangermarsh, Terrokar and Nagrand quests, except I did NO collection quests (except the garanteed drop ones) and my 5 chars are 66.7. Maybe I didn't run instances as often as you. I ran each of the ones appropriate for my level once, a few I did twice, and Mana Tombs I have don't maybe 6 times.

Lokked
    For instances I ran them maybe 2 or 3 times at most. Some instances I just ran once and got the hell out of there once I finished all the quests.

At level 58, I didn't rush over to Outlands. Finished up WPL and EPL. Went over to Outlands I think when I was 60. Did all the Hellfire quests, then went back to the old world (at level 62) and did most of the instance quests and finished all the level 60 instances including my Paly mount quest which was from level 62-63.

Then did the Hellfire Instance maybe 2-3 times each. Went to the next zone, did all the quests I wanted to (which means I skipped a couple of the collection quests). Did the instances for that zone (as far as I could) along with their quests. Then on to the next zone...

When I finished Nagrand, tried AC and failed and was a little bit away from 70. So I mounted up and rode to SMV to get the flying mount, and got XP from discovering new lands. Then BAM, hit 70 just for riding through SMV.

Got my riding skill and got my regular flying mount. :thumbsup:

Now I'm starting in Blade's Edge and all those quests and afterwards will help fund my Epic Flying. And also saving time by doing them with my flying mount. 8o

This is why I suggest not rushing over to Outlands at 58. Finish up the old world quests for the XP. I was clearing quests so quickly because I was leveled higher then usual and just killing mobs so quickly.

I used pretty much the same strat as Aetherg posted to kill this guy. I was ready to give up more than a few times but stuck it out. Definitely the hardest boss to kill as multiboxer before 70. Has anybody ever even attempted this on heroic? I imagine that would be... fun? :P

I recently started multiboxing, I went from dualboxing with keyclone to a 5 man hardware config. This boss was quite a challenge but after much trial and error I found a simple strategy to defeat him with your multibox team. This enemy is deadly for casters because of his casting speed debuff that stacks 4 times depending from how close you are to him. (50%/100%/150%/and up to 200%) He also has a bleed effect that stacks 4 times and I cant quite remember the damage something like 300hp per second, sometimes he will pull the entire group towards him just before activating the bleed effect. Besides all this he also sends a beacon to a targeted party member. You will see a raid icon and the targeted characters name. "Shirrak focuses his power on TOON1".....for example. The most effective strategy especially if the group consists of casters is to keep them as far from his spell casting debuff as possible, which im sure most of you know. Also, to have your main toon or tank run away from him when the bleed effect is stacked to either 3 or 4. My biggest problem was reaction time, controlling 5 toons is hard enough and now with movement necessary the battle can be a bit tough. The core of my strategy was to Initially keep my casters and healers at the minimal distance of the spell casting speed debuff. I set a movement key on my x-keys that would have all my character move backward...but this was taking too long for my healer and dps to get back in position. So I thought to myself why not have the tank run away from the group as well ass the group back up...at the very least it would give me more time to react. This strategy worked wonders for me, and I hope it helps.

From a set up perspective:

1. Bind strafe keys that will move all party members either left or right with the exception of your main focus/tank.

2. Repeat step 1 but with a down key to back up.

3. Have a way to make your main toon Independently move easily.

From a strategy perspective:

1. when the battle starts keep casters at farthest distance possible something like 30+ yards, and have your tank meet him where he stands in the back of the platform. (mines start out at the right side at the top of the stairs)

2. Dps him consistently and use any damage inhibiting buffs on your main focus as to not lose control of the battle early and get yourself situated. ( mines is a DK so Unbreakable Armor FTW)

3.Keep HOT's active, or plan your healing early to compensate for the 50% or 100% debuff. (use small spells if you have to Lesser Healing Wave, Flash of Light...etc.)

4.When Shirrak targets a character with the beacon (you will see the raid message) simply strafe your team to the opposite side....they will take no damage AT ALL!! (keep your tank in place not strafing him, and if you can cast an HOT while strafing do that)

5. Shirrak will then pull your team towards him (this was my toughest part of the battle)very simply back your support team up, while simoultaneously making your tank run away from the team (cast a HOT on your tank here if possible). (this is the key, you reduce the amount of time it takes your team to get situated dramatically) Furthermore you reduce the spell casting speed debuff as well as wipe away the stacks of the bleed effect.

I hope this is helpful and legible lol. if you need more help with this boss please pm me!!

Tip:

Run past him with your team (Hopefully you have a shaman) and just reincarnate-rez. Be mindful of the next couple of mobs after the boss.
    Hardware Lurker