Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Unhappy help with hotkeynet

Hello, first time poster. I recently have bought a second WoW account (from the $5 sale) with RaF. I decided to look into dual boxing, simple enough right? Well, for the past 4 hours I have been trying to figure out why none of my keystrokes have not been carrying over to my 2nd account window. I have downloaded and installed hotkeynet program. I have saved the sample script, and loaded it into hotkeynet program. I have opened two windows of WoW and renamed them as per the requirements. I have activated Scroll Lock (not sure what this even does). This is the script I am using -> http://hotkeynet.com/wow/wow-sample-two-on-one.html I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. I am a complete idiot when it comes to programming, or whatever this is called. I have been trying to cast the spell bound to my button "1" on both windows at the same time to no avail. Please help! If you need me to provide more information, I will do so, thanks.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 12-14-2012 at 12:56 AM Reason: thread titles should be brief and indicitive of the issue

Alright, I have done some more fiddling around and have been able to cast using my "1" spell on my slave window (in the background), however my main window that is open will not cast this spell. Any help will be appreciated, as I clearly have no idea what I am doing.

A better subject line would've just been "issues with hotkeynet script"... please don't use nonsense in the subject line to draw more attention

With that out of the way, I'd love to help you out, but I use ISBoxer, but hopefully someone with experience in HKN will help you out shortly. I think we have some very friendly members with this experience. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by heyaz View Post
    A better subject line would've just been "issues with hotkeynet script"... please don't use nonsense in the subject line to draw more attention With that out of the way, I'd love to help you out, but I use ISBoxer, but hopefully someone with experience in HKN will help you out shortly. I think we have some very friendly members with this experience. Good luck.
    Yeah sorry about that, I have just been at this for many hours and I'm just getting no where.

I have gotten a bit further I think. I can cast with both my windows without alt tabbing, however I have to press the "Scroll Lock" key to switch between their casts. So instead of the "1" key casting for both screens I have to press the "1" key on my main character, hit Scroll Lock, then hit the 1 key to start the cast on my second character. Still not exactly what I was looking for, but is there a line in the script that I'm missing, I want the "1" key to cast for both my characters, not just 1 at a time.

I'd suggest starting with the HotKeyNet Starter Guide from the Newb's Mutliboxing Guide.

ScrollLock should be a toggle. You press it once to turn it on and your keys should broadcast. Follow the guide I linked up there and if you are still having issues, let me know and include the error messages from HotKeyNet.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    I'd suggest starting with the HotKeyNet Starter Guide from the Newb's Mutliboxing Guide. ScrollLock should be a toggle. You press it once to turn it on and your keys should broadcast. Follow the guide I linked up there and if you are still having issues, let me know and include the error messages from HotKeyNet.
    Hey, thanks for the reply and link. I have followed the instructions so far up to the part where I have to launch the WoW game using ALT + CTRL + L Here is the message that appears in Hotkeynet when I attempt this. Loading script C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\Hotkeynet\twowows.txt. Finished loading hotkey file. No errors were found 60 definitions were loaded 1 key will be used as a modifier Command line: AutoExec Unable to find command AutoExec Installing mouse hook Hook installation succeeded

There's no error there. AutoExec is just checking to see if there's anything that should automatically be run, which there shouldn't be. I need whatever errors are thrown out when you launch the games or try to send hotkeys to the game windows. Please post them in [code] tags.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    There's no error there. AutoExec is just checking to see if there's anything that should automatically be run, which there shouldn't be. I need whatever errors are thrown out when you launch the games or try to send hotkeys to the game windows. Please post them in [code] tags.
    Here is what I get when I load up Hotkeynet and rename the windows.

Code:
    From this pc:   completed: Window found. Target set to 0x3401DA "WoW1"  completed  completed: Window found. Target set to 0x100BA "WoW2"  completed  
    From this pc:   completed: Window found. Target set to 0x3401DA "WoW1"  completed  completed: Window found. Target set to 0x100BA "WoW2"  completed
    I have WoW1 window open, but only the open screen moves when I use the arrow key, the other character just sits there and doesn't move at all.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 12-15-2012 at 03:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by completenoob View Post
    I have WoW1 window open, but only the open screen moves when I use the arrow key, the other character just sits there and doesn't move at all.

Then you need to post the error that's happening when you press the arrow key and the script you are using. Also, your posts are REALLY hard to read, please use line breaks and code tags.