Close
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 82

Default BG Queue Assist AddOns

Word on the street is that patch 5.1 has broken said add-ons. I'm sure we'll find out shortly if there is a workaround for this or if this is a permanent change.

Blizzard has mentioned before that they frown upon these add-ons, so this could be the end of them.
    Last edited by MiRai : 11-27-2012 at 08:28 PM Reason: Added Source

Yep. Looks like Blizzard changed the API slightly to break the JoinBattleField function.

The entire Battle ground PvP community is up in arms over oQueue being broken.

More details can be found here

1. TinyMasher's Thread Introducing oQueue (deleted)

2. Main Complaint Thread asking for a Response (UI and Macros Forum, thread is now capped)

2A. Main Complaint Thread asking for a Response Part 2 (UI and Macros Forum)

3. EU Thread

4. Tiny's EU Thread

5. Tiny's New oQueue Introduction Thread

6. Tiny's BG JoinBattleField Thread

7. GhostCrawler's Stance on Premades

Voice your opinion and let them know what you think of this change:

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym
    https://twitter.com/robpsimpson

Looks like Ghostcrawler already reponded with this

>Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    >@Skyl3lazer I *think* that was an unforeseen consequence of a change we had to make to >prevent an exploit. We'll investigate more.
    Last edited by daanji : 11-30-2012 at 02:36 AM

most the topics have been deleted on this.

Maybe just maybe it was an accident and blizzard will bring it back.

He would know if they made a change like that on purpose right?

Skyl3lazer ‏@Skyl3lazer @ghostcrawler Please respond, you broke oQueue

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler
    @Skyl3lazer I *think* that was an unforeseen consequence of a change we had to make to prevent an exploit. We'll investigate more.
    Last edited by JohnGabriel : 11-28-2012 at 10:08 AM Reason: Just noticed Daanji also posted Ghostcrawlers response.

Wow! Guess that means they responded alright.

Deleting all the topics threads sends a nice, clear message of "We don't care."

This will just enrage the PvP community more. I'm sure 10x threads have already been created in protest.

oQueue was recently featured on Reddit, so I'm sure the Reddit community will mobilize soon enough.

Hopefully Blizzard will at least have to acknowledge this.

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post
    Wow! Guess that means they responded alright.

Deleting all the topics threads sends a nice, clear message of "We don't care."
    Or it sends a nice clear message of "don't spam create threads if there's already one on this topic." Considering 3 of the 4 threads you linked are still active, I'd hardly call that a great big FU.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Hey. Relax.

Forums get flooded with garbage, threads quickly derailed and turned into flame wars, and a flurry of duplicate posts about the same issues. From a forum moderator's perspective, I can understand what may have happened to a lot of the threads. I would really try not to blow a gasket over what happens or doesn't happen in forum threads on battle.net, or anywhere for that matter.

Let's chill out a bit and wait for an official response? They already acknowledged they are aware of it. "Mobilizing" a bunch of internet retards and threatening to cancel your accounts and this and that isn't going to speed up their processes inside Blizzard.

They've removed/blocked API functions many times to stop exploits or other creative use of game mechanics by abusing the API, often times breaking legitimate addons they that they did not have a problem with. I'm hoping oQueue and other premade BG type addons were not a target... they really shouldn't be. I still remember when they broke Decursive in vanilla... on purpose, and it sucked by I understood why. I hope that wasn't the intention this time - to break addons.

Although I like oQ, have loved premades since Vanilla and used Premade AV Enabler and even led raids manually, ultimately we can survive without it. I really doubt many of you are going to cancel your accounts; it's hard to believe your entire reason for playing wow - leveling up, gearing, multiboxing, was to do AV rath strats using OQ endlessly... as fun as it is, there's plenty more to do...
    Last edited by heyaz : 11-28-2012 at 11:57 AM

Is this related to "A macro script has been blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI" when I use /run AcceptBattlefieldPort(1,1)?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectronDF View Post
    Is this related to "A macro script has been blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI" when I use /run AcceptBattlefieldPort(1,1)?
    yes

all them bots in bg's (we seeing more and more off) are using a script like this.

The bots will just go back to clicking manually like they did in Vanilla I think (I always used to see people, bots I'm guessing, standing practically inside the pvp queue guy 24/7), or inject something into memory to click it. Warden is probably much better at detecting that than /run a script but, this isn't going to kill bots by any means.

I heard something said about xp-off guys exploiting it, afk debuffs, something about WG and TB, and what not... nothing about bots specifically. This API change is pointless, I'd google the wow bots if I cared, they probably already implemented a click to enter or something. Something isn't right here