Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 34

Quote Originally Posted by valkry View Post
    Don't know, I copy pasted straight out of the link from the person I was quoting. Upon reading the link I believe it will use any on use affect in equip slot no.1.
    That's the helm slot..and I don't think there are many helms with on use ( headless horseman helm has one ) But I'm not 100% sure how/why it works.. it just does 8)
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Oh I see. very nice pickup on somebody's part.

It's because use is the same as cast. If you're an engineer you can make castsequences out of your items this way

Code:
    /castsequence 6, 8, 10, 13, 14, 15
    Which should use your Mind Amplification Dish {belt}, Rocket Boots Xtreme {boots, duh}, Incendiary Fireworks Launcher {gloves}, trinkets, Goblin Glider {back} in order.

Pretty much any armor slot has an item with on use effects

Helms
    Necks
    Shirt
    Chest
    Belt
    Legs
    Feet
    Hands
    Rings
    Cloak
    Shields
    Offhands
    Weapons
    Tabard

Only the shoulder and wrist slots are lacking on use effects. It's just like using 0 which was the number for the Ammo slot. You can use any paper doll slot number and if you don't have a useable item it should work exactly the same. Ebony brought this up as a replacement for the old click system a while back.

Also, from what I've tested, the reset is irrelevant, a castsequence is always going to start over as soon as it hits the end of the sequence anyway. The 1 also doesn't matter, you can get the same effect using

Code:
    /castsequence Lightning Bolt
    /castsequence Lava Burst
    It works because of the delay in how the servers process castsequences vs casts.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    It's because use is the same as cast. If you're an engineer you can make castsequences out of your items this way

Code:
    /castsequence 6, 8, 10, 13, 14, 15
    Which should use your Mind Amplification Dish {belt}, Rocket Boots Xtreme {boots, duh}, Incendiary Fireworks Launcher {gloves}, trinkets, Goblin Glider {back} in order.

Pretty much any armor slot has an item with on use effects

Helms
    Necks
    Shirt
    Chest
    Belt
    Legs
    Feet
    Hands
    Rings
    Cloak
    Shields
    Offhands
    Weapons
    Tabard

Only the shoulder and wrist slots are lacking on use effects. It's just like using 0 which was the number for the Ammo slot. You can use any paper doll slot number and if you don't have a useable item it should work exactly the same. Ebony brought this up as a replacement for the old click system a while back.

Also, from what I've tested, the reset is irrelevant, a castsequence is always going to start over as soon as it hits the end of the sequence anyway. The 1 also doesn't matter, you can get the same effect using

Code:
    /castsequence Lightning Bolt
    /castsequence Lava Burst
    It works because of the delay in how the servers process castsequences vs casts.
    That macro you just linked has a delay (for most people) between lightning bolt casts, which was half the point of this thread. the reset counter removes that delay.
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Let's get some layman terms here so I am understanding this.

using cast sequence completely skips some intended or unintended delays in the game/server?
    using a micro delay like .3 re-enables this or enhances this?
    and is having say 2 spells on your action bar 1 and 2, if you mash both at the same time. Is the cast sequence with delays even faster?

I suppose trying to understand here what this is achieving.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Blog Entries

Prior to 5.1, you use to be able to:

/castsequence Spell 1, Spell 1... (or for that matter, Spell 1, Spell 2, Spell 3... and whatever fall-through you wanted on line 2).
    /cast Spell 2.

If you were spamming at a decent rate (2-5 clicks per second), your Spell 2 would regularly fire off whenever it was available.
    It didn't matter if it was: Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt and Lava Burst or Flash of Light, Flash of Light and Holy Shock.

This method seems to be very similar to the two-step macros that Mercurio posted for WotLK and were adapted for Cata.
    In a single macro, you have two steps...
    The first line tries to fire first, but has an effect (the 1) that does nothing.
    Which allows the second line to fire off, (the Lava Burst or Holy Shock).
    At which point the second press gets the spell effect from line 1.

Essentially, if you spam quickly enough, you will get your fall-through or proc ability on cooldown virtually every time.
    With half of your keystrokes attempting to execute the main spell, meaning with a fast click rate that should go off on GCD anytime the fall-through is not.

You could accomplish the same with a priority sequence that sends: 1, 2, 3, and 4.
    With abilities on each of those keys.
    If you mash quickly enough, in theory one of those spells will be available for casting.
    This method (above) is like a priority, with only two keys instead of multiple... with the benefit of being a single macro rather than multiple abilities.

It (unlike a priority) is a work around, allowing fall-through spells to fire off despite Blizzard recently (this patch) removing that ability.
    As such, using it is an exploit.
    But one that is unlikely to cause a suspension/ban, because you're using their in-game system.
    The same as Blizzard breaking addons like oQueue and AV Preform Enabler, but likely not stopping people from coordinated queuing in a vent channel.
    If you want the same effect, without exploiting the macro system (which was changed this patch to remove this functionality), use a priority system with the popsicle method.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Thanks Ualaa much appreciated. For some reason I prefer using isboxer to handle my priority than in game macro's that appear to change on a whim effectively breaking the rotation until a fix is found.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Ya, the best way to do this is to just have seperate isboxer steps:

Step 1: /cast longest cooldown spell (.01 sec to advance to next step and only activate once) (assuming this is "top priority")
    Step 2: /cast next longest cooldown (.01 sec to advance to next step and only activate once)
    Step 3: /cast short cooldown (.01 sec to advance to next step and only activate once)
    Step 4: /cast no cooldown spell (1.5 sec to advance to next step and only activate once)

Sure requires 4 clicks but again you can click on the up and down to cut it in 1/2 to 2 clicks.
    Last edited by Sam DeathWalker : 12-01-2012 at 03:59 PM

28 BoXXoR RoXXoR Website
    28 Box SOLO Nalak 4m26s! Ilevel 522! GM 970 Member Guild! Multiboxing Since Mid 2001!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO W00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DPS is higher than it was. Level 86 Frost DK with tank gear doing 30K dps.

/castsequence reset=target howling blast, plague strike,null
    /castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,Howling Blast
    /castsequence reset=0.5 1,Frost Strike
    /castsequence reset=0.5 Obliterate
    /swapactionbar 1 5
    /castsequence reset=60 Horn of Winter,Pillar of Frost,Blood Tap,Outbreak,Horn of Winter,Horn of Winter
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by blast3r View Post
    WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO W00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DPS is higher than it was. Level 86 Frost DK with tank gear doing 30K dps.

/castsequence reset=target howling blast, plague strike,null
    /castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,Howling Blast
    /castsequence reset=0.5 1,Frost Strike
    /castsequence reset=0.5 Obliterate
    /swapactionbar 1 5
    /castsequence reset=60 Horn of Winter,Pillar of Frost,Blood Tap,Outbreak,Horn of Winter,Horn of Winter
    all one macro?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )