Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 25
    Blog Entries

They implemented something called CRZ's (Cross Realm Zones).

Similar to when you're in a battlegrounds, where someone's name has an asterisk next to it indicating they're from another server.
    Basically, everywhere except the main cities (or maybe there too, not positive on that), if a zone is not populated enough you get players from more than one server.

The idea being, none of the zones are dead.
    And in the case of a PvP server, the sides will be roughly equal in numbers at least.

You're in a zone with people from the same region type: PvP, PvE or Roleplaying servers.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    If they're equal level, and the party leader is on another (PvE) server...
    Can they invite toons from a (PvP) server, and have everyone on quest in a PvE environment?
    I am on a pve server, and my friend is on a pvp server. She was slow to level in pandaland and had me invite her to a group so she could quest on my pve realm as she was getting constantly ganked in the Jade Forest.

Note the toon I invited her with had to be online, as soon as I went offline she got booted back to Frostmorne and a bunch of waiting gankers

Quote Originally Posted by Mickthathick View Post
    I am on a pve server, and my friend is on a pvp server. She was slow to level in pandaland and had me invite her to a group so she could quest on my pve realm as she was getting constantly ganked in the Jade Forest.

Note the toon I invited her with had to be online, as soon as I went offline she got booted back to Frostmorne and a bunch of waiting gankers
    It was my understanding CRZs don't work in Pandaria yet
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

It's not automatic like low level zones, but you can still get into CRZ by invite in Pandaria.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6759325907
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I finished it up last night. That area worked out extremely well - unrested 84-85 took me about 2 hours 15 minutes. I found a spot in a rock where the alts could hide pretty well (no air ganking, no los from anywhere unless you land in the spot and just aoe). When there was competition I just kept pulling, trying to tag mobs faster and I noticed people would just start leaving. Others would sit in one place and just farm there (the troggs spawn in about 9 locations that you can loop around) and you could just ignore them.

I also took care of a few 85 and 90 bots by zoning in an 85 alliance paladin CRZ and spamming denounce on them during big pulls, their little bot script doesn't account for that and they just die and take forever to come back.

I wasn't good about clearing my bags and spent half the grind with full bags but overall it was several thousand gold w/ loot and greys. Then about 100 stacks of embersilk cloth and two bank tabs full of BOE greens I can D/E. I don't consider it a huge money maker, at least not in boxing terms, but that gold with make up for what I didn't get questing. Frankly even if it yielded zero gold I'm still happy being able to do 80-85 mindlessly in about 8 hours.

Questing also takes about 8 hours. I think i did it in 7 with rested for 1 level.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Yeah... no I just did it, and it took >10 hours. That was Before cross realm zones, with zero ganking. The cata questing areas are warzones now, you can barely zone in or pick up a quest without being gibbed by multiple 90s. I know because I also participate in some of this ganking and no one can even so much as pick up a quest or fly out of the sanctuary in deepholm without exploding.

I know you always leveled faster, got higher rating, made more gold, got the power up and won the game... but not all of us can get those kind of scores, if you know what I mean. I'm talking real world, average questing, it's not 8 hours.

The deepholm area can be done in 6-8 hours pressing 2 buttons, so I think it's a viable way to level, if only for a few levels if questing is just not your thing or the ganking is too bad.

If I was just terribly slow at questing I offer this not as a faster way but a mindless button mash to 85 if you just don't want to quest every one of your alt teams to 85.
    Last edited by heyaz : 11-05-2012 at 10:55 AM

Quote Originally Posted by heyaz View Post
    Yeah... no I just did it, and it took >10 hours. That was Before cross realm zones, with zero ganking. The cata questing areas are warzones now, you can barely zone in or pick up a quest without being gibbed by multiple 90s. I know because I also participate in some of this ganking and no one can even so much as pick up a quest or fly out of the sanctuary in deepholm without exploding.

I know you always leveled faster, got higher rating, made more gold, got the power up and won the game... but not all of us can get those kind of scores, if you know what I mean. I'm talking real world, average questing, it's not 8 hours.

The deepholm area can be done in 6-8 hours pressing 2 buttons, so I think it's a viable way to level, if only for a few levels if questing is just not your thing or the ganking is too bad.

If I was just terribly slow at questing I offer this not as a faster way but a mindless button mash to 85 if you just don't want to quest every one of your alt teams to 85.
    First off the personal jab was unwarranted.

I'm not trying to discount this as a means to leveling. It is a great means to do so ESPECIALLY with the 3x exp potion since its BOA (thats how i leveled my last group, this area). It is also the single best means to make gold while leveling your alts so in the future this is where i will be leveling anyway.

Ganking is rampant but its still not THAT bad. Personally the worst I've had it is about 30 mins wasted from being ganked, if i'm constantly getting ganked i just go do something else with my time and come back (this isn't leveling time). Deepholm is probably the worst place for ganking though from my experience.

I'm not putting myself on some pedestal by saying that normally it takes about 7ish hours to quest to 85 from 80, if you aren't ganked non stop then it should take about that long. A lot of people hate leveling (myself included) and this is a great means to do so... but you can get ganked here just as much like you said even if you fly in the air, or your main gets ganked.

Also you can block the IP to CRZ server and only interact with people on your server in those areas if your router allows that sort of thing (i don't do this personally but i know people who do when farming) if ganking is THAT bad for you from other servers.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 11-05-2012 at 11:55 AM
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Also you can block the IP to CRZ server and only interact with people on your server in those areas if your router allows that sort of thing (i don't do this personally but i know people who do when farming) if ganking is THAT bad for you from other servers.
    Awesome trick... I'll have to check that out. There are a lot of areas I'd love to not be in CRZ, that one especially.

Yeah, questing in Hyjal and Deepholm at the least has to be brutal. I know because I was on the other end of it on both alliance and horde just blowing people up. I'm ok with questing 85-90 at least one more time, but 80-85 is out so I'm using this method until I find something better.

ganking in 80-85 area's is insane. I got camped so many times it was retarded. Questing took way more than 7-10 hours from 80-85. On future teams...I dunno...

How does instance grinding with a 90 soloing the 80-85 dungeons compare to questing/this. It would avoid the ganking issue.