Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 39

Default Jamba Extension for choosing which character loots Motes of Harmony (or any item)

Hi all,

I've written an extension to Jamba that allows you to control how your group loots items. It allows you to choose an item and then pick a member of your team and say that toon will always loot that particular item and no other toon can loot that item.

In addition, whenever another toon encounters that item a Jamba Alert will show up in the center of your screen telling you which item was found and which toon is allowed to loot that item.

When that happens just spam Interact with Target on the corpse and the proper toon will loot and get the item.

I've spoken with Jafula and hopefully we can get this included into the Jamba package either in this release or the next one, but I wanted to get it out there for some testing ahead of time.

It seems to work pretty well in my testing here (5 boxing) but the more eyes on it the better.

You can grab the addon from here:

https://github.com/seaglass/jamba-ad...zipball/master

INSTALLATION

just create a folder in your wow addons directory named Jamba-AdvancedLoot and copy the contents of that zip file into there. (Make sure the JambaAdvancedLoot.lua file is in the Jamba-AdvancedLoot folder and not in a subfolder)

SETUP

I was able to use the AWESOME hooks jafula has inside of Jamba and easily get a nice administration UI built that will, like all other pieces of jamba, share settings with the other toons in your group.

The administration options show up (for now) under the Team heading on the left nav bar inside of the jamba administration panel (/jamba)

The setup is pretty straightforward with a few caveats.

Enable Advanced Loot

This tells the addon whether to fire or not. Turn this off and it will go back to normal looting. (If you have Manage Auto Loot set, it will turn AutoLoot on when you disable and turn AutoLoot off when you enable)

Manage Auto Loot

This allows the addon to automatically DISABLE autoloot while it is enabled and you are in a group. It will also try to RE-enable autoloot when you leave the group or when the addon is disabled. This isn't essential, but it is a nicety to keep you from needing to go back into the settings if you are playing a character by themselves.

Auto Close Loot Window On Slaves

This is a workaround for an issue I ran into whereby when you are looting a quest item on all toons with Interact with Target the loot window opens but for whatever reason one or more of the slaves don't loot the items. In this case, Interact with Target sees the window open, so it will not re-open and therefore won't loot.

What this option does is force the window closed on the slaves after it tries looting a few times. That way you can just hit Interact with Target again and it will retry the whole operation.

The downside of this is that the loot window never shows on the slaves so if you are looting a BoP item it will only be visible on your master toon. I have some ideas about possibly detecting BoP items or just auto-disabling this option when you go into a dungeon but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Adding Items

This is pretty straightforward, just drag the item you want into the item box, choose character you want to loot that item from the dropdown and hit add. Then MAKE SURE you push the settings to your other toons.

After that you should be good to go.

Please post any issues you encounter in this forum and I'll try to address them as quick as possible.

Also, you need to be sure you have any other auto looting addons disabled (such as EasyLoot). If they are enabled they will just override what this addon does and loot based on their own settings.

FYI: This addon assumes you have Free For All looting set.

Thanks,
    Max
    Last edited by schilm : 10-17-2012 at 03:13 PM Reason: fixing download link

Doesn't like alt characters used in toon names. Using Messkit is fine, but trying to select Çroaker, Lìfetaker or Wìdowmaker from the dropdown gives the error -

Code:
    [22:53:06] JambaAdvancedLoot: Character name must only be made up of letters and numbers.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Oops, easy fix. Grab the latest and it should allow alt characters.

oooh sweet I cant wait for this to be part of Jamba!

This will help with the motes for sure.

Nice job, thanks! I'll be trying it out for sure.

I'll have to try it, but good job with the initiative in doing it yourself opposed to just making a suggestion for it.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Blog Entries

I'm not even playing right now but thanks for enhancing lives!

Testing it farming for an hour, will report back.

While using this I get lots of changing in master/follow patterns, otherwise it works. (doesn't happen when this addon is disabled)