Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 39

Can you give some examples? I'm not clear on exactly what you mean by "changing in master/follow patterns"

The only thing the addon does is hook into the LOOT_OPENED and GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE events.

LOOT_OPENED is the event that fires when the loot window opens

GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE is the event that fires when the party members change (this is only used if you have Manage Auto Loot enabled)

There definitely could be some side issues or other side effects, but I've been using it with my melee questing group for the past two days and I haven't noticed any difference in the follow behavior of the group or really any differences at all besides the additional functionality the addon provides.

- Max

After looting a few times and NOT switching windows (happens about once per 5-8 mins) it would start following one of my other toons even when follow after combat was turned off (happened with and without it on).

This problem does not occur without this addon actually running/active.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

So I want to make sure I understand so I can look for the behavior in my testing

These are the steps that I follow, I'd guess they would be similar to yours:

(all actions take place with the master window active, ie I never switch windows)

NOTE: I have follow after combat disabled in my setup.

1. Kill a mob or a group of mobs
    2. Right click to loot the corpse from the master
    IF a Mote of Harmony is found and a Jamba alert is displayed
    2a. Click the corpse again with the mouse on the Master window
    2b. Spam the Interact with Target button to get all the characters to loot the corpse and the correct toon loots the Mote of Harmony
    2c. Sometimes the item still doesn't get looted, repeat steps 2a - 2b until it does (almost always works on the first time, rarely need a second or third)
    3. Mount up on all toons
    4. Hit Follow button to get other toons to follow the master
    5. Move to next mob or group of mobs
    6. Repeat steps 1-5

At which point does the follow issue happen?
    Is it the master that starts following one of the slaves?
    Or does one of the slaves start following the master?
    If it is one of the slaves that starts following the master, is it always the same slave that starts following the master or is it random?

Big thanks for this works great. And using it with interact with target, which I only really found out about because I found this addon *face palm*

Though wouldn't mind if you could have more than 1 character be able to pick up the item, in like a round robin, as my current group has blacksmith and inscription, though definitely great that my miner can't pick it up.

Round Robin would be pretty tough to implement because you need to track who looted last and figure out a way to communicate that with everyone...

I just swap the characters regularly... one day I will have my tailor loot, next day I will have my scribe loot, etc...

I could remove the restriction that allows only one toon to loot an item, that way it would be a race to see who get there first and gets to loot... but unfortunately it wouldn't necessarily be random or 50/50. For instance if one toon is melee and the other is a caster, the melee toon will almost always get there first and would thus, almost always loot the item.

and I think lag / key broadcast software could impact it as well... ie, due to the way the key broadcast systems work, the interact with target commands get sent down to the other windows in the same order (I believe) so the window that gets the command first is going to start moving first and thus get the item the vast majority of the time...

I'm having a bit of trouble getting started with this extension. I downloaded it and created an exact copy of the folder name you suggested in my WoW addons directory, then extracted the .zip to that folder. You said to make sure the .lua is in the created folder, so I moved it there. I am not seeing any options under Jamba-Team, or anywhere in Jamba, regarding advanced loot. To check, I copied the .lua and placed a copy of it back in the original folder it came in, and no change. I also am not seeing it under the WoW addons in game as a clickable jamba subroutine.

I'm sure I'm having a Der-te-Der moment, but could somebody help me out?

Thanks.

You need to take everything out of the folder. You should have the zip seaglass-jamba-advanced-loot-aa2887b. In that zip should be a folder with the same name. In that folder should be a folder called Locals and the files "copy", "JambaAdvancedLoot.lua", "Jamba-AdvancedLoot.toc" and "README.md".

Those files need to be copied as they are into a new folder called called Jamba-AdvancedLoot in Interface/AddOns. Or extract the seaglass-jamba-blahblahblah folder and rename it to Jamba-AdvancedLoot and put it into Interface/AddOns.

The end result should be a folder in Interface/AddOns called Jamba-AdvancedLoot. In that folder should be the folder Locals, the files "Copy," "JambaAdvancedLoot.lua," "Jamba-AdvancedLoot.toc" and "README.md". In the folder Locals should be JambaAdvancedLoot-Locale-enUS.lua and Locales.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 11-24-2012 at 01:38 AM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Used this add-in for a couple play sessions now (Thanks, Khat, for the advice). Very nice program that does what it's supposed to. I notice a small issue though, which you have already mentioned. The issue with auto-closing loot window: It seems to do something funky on every window, main included, that spams the blizz pop-up text with error text 'object is busy" or "another action in progress" or something like that a few times every time I loot something on the main, which messes with quest-tracking pop-ups like "4/6 Fuzzy muscrats collected" or whatever. A relatively minor issue, but I'm wondering if there would be a work-around to have the "auto-close loot window" feature disabled if the character is in the main window, or something like that. I'll keep using this program regardless, because it's awesome, but that's the one bit of constructive criticism I can think of.

Thanks a lot for the effort.

Blog Entries

is this supposed to be used on master loot or free for all?