Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default I found all my old EQ passwords today.....

And thought of taking a break from WoW for a bit and going back for a month or two for old times sake, see if the game has changed any since I last played. Figure with ISboxer boxing will definitely be easier than how I had to do it in the old days. Is the game still laggy as hell? I remember something about a bad memory leak for years, and how if you had all your toons on autofollow, for some reason theyd just go off and run big circles around you on their own LOL.

The toons will still do the "auto circle" till they find you again LoL. I played some months ago and the game has changed for the easy, imo.

There is attunable gear for each level range that drops in the level appropriate zones. You can find the gear for sale in the bazaar for reasonable prices. My characters had a lot of raid gear(<L65) on them and I found lots of upgrades for L70 toons.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

Awww that sucks, but oh well. I used to get around that with CoTH, and the summoning fires...they still have that?

The EQ1 auto-follow circling thing is 100% related to the FPS of the follower (both for the auto-follow turn radius and follow speed). If they are getting 20-25 or better FPS, this issue should not happen.

As an ISBoxer user, if you are experiencing this problem you can use EQPlayNice's Rendering Limiting feature - see http://isboxer.com/wiki/EverQuest#EQPlayNice - to mitigate it. Because this feature does in fact limit the 3d rendering per cycle, it will allow the game to operate much faster with less CPU/GPU usage -- at the cost of *looking* choppy in those background windows. For example, the background windows can operate at 60 fps (faster follow and tighter turn radius) and only render 1 of those frames, and still use a lot less CPU/GPU than operating normally at 20 fps.

It'll work with any other software, but I specified ISBoxer because this feature of EQPN requires the same subscription as ISBoxer anyway...
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Ah cool thx for the info lax, I remember using your wineq and eqplaynice back years ago Im thinking of taking a poke at it, but gonna check and see if I can use some sort of returning free time or so to try it out before I put any money down. Also found out my bards account was hacked, thanks to an old guildy on Facebook. Nice to see your bard is 90! My bard is 90? oh wtf...... So gotta decide if its really worth the effort Im gonna have to expend tryin to get that back lol.

Oh, that sucks about the hack. If you get the account back with the expansions and a leveled bard then its a win win.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    The EQ1 auto-follow circling thing is 100% related to the FPS of the follower (both for the auto-follow turn radius and follow speed). If they are getting 20-25 or better FPS, this issue should not happen.

As an ISBoxer user, if you are experiencing this problem you can use EQPlayNice's Rendering Limiting feature - see http://isboxer.com/wiki/EverQuest#EQPlayNice - to mitigate it. Because this feature does in fact limit the 3d rendering per cycle, it will allow the game to operate much faster with less CPU/GPU usage -- at the cost of *looking* choppy in those background windows. For example, the background windows can operate at 60 fps (faster follow and tighter turn radius) and only render 1 of those frames, and still use a lot less CPU/GPU than operating normally at 20 fps.

It'll work with any other software, but I specified ISBoxer because this feature of EQPN requires the same subscription as ISBoxer anyway...
    OT i know, but is there somehting similar to this for WoW?
    Magtheridon US <The Zerg>
    PvE Teams (A lot funner than i expected)

PVP-Farming teams

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post

The big circle was a huge pain, didn't know about this above. Never got IS working right anyway

I, like you just got three of my accounts back after a 5-6 year hiatus. 70 cleric with 500 AA, 70 druid with 300 AA and 70 enchanter with 800 AA. Am three boxing them now and a friend is reviving his 70 warrior and 70 necromancer - with the dps, tank or healing mercenary you can get it will make a well rounded group.

Day two and I'm already to 71.
    SWTOR -The Shadowlands Server - PVE Republic
    Malgor - 50 Soundrel Bonesaw : Hath - 50 Commando
    Wilma & Betti - 50 Dual-boxing Sages
    D3: Kaean#1993 and Malgor#1327

Ah EQ, memories... I'll never forget my first MMO, but I know its just rose colored glasses and if I went back I would be bored in one day. I still like to reminisce like an old man every time someone brings it up.