Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Khatovar's - Enhance Shaman Macro (Mosq2 - style)

A follow up to the DK question from Khatovar totally piqued my interest today, and motivated me to change up a spec on one of my shamans to Enhance to see if I could get this to work well for me, I based it off the following information from Khatovar:

Lay down totems {Searing} > Unleash Elements > Instant Lighting Bolt > Flame Shock if it's not up > Stormstrike > Lava Lash > Earth Shock.

So, on my bars I have, in order, a castsequence for each of my totems {1}, Unleash Elements {2}, a castsequence for Flame Shock 4*Earth Shock {3}, Stormstrike {4}, Lava Lash {5} and /stopcasting /cast Lightning Bolt {6}. Lightning Bolt is at the end so the stopcasting doesn't keep seizing up my white hits, so that's an exception to the rule.

Then, in my broadcasting software, I set up my DPS key to send 1-6 all at once every time I press it. The game receives all those keys at the same time, casts the first thing it can and ignores everything else.
    Step 1: Not sure I have this figured out yet with the new changes to Shaman totems, I just manually place a searing totem for now, in it's place I cast Blood Fury (Orc Racial) and Feral Spirit
    Step 2: Dragged Unleash Elements spell straight from spell book (no macro)
    Step 3: Another one that may be due to changes in macros... I couldn't get castsequence to work, but 1 /cast Flame and 3 /cast earth appear to be working?? but need to test more.
    Step 4: See Step 2 but with Stormstrike
    Step 5: See Step 2 but with Lava Lash
    Step 6: This is like the old warrior slam macro, setup to only cast Lightning Bolt if it's an instant due to stacks of maelstrom Weapon.

Also manually cast elementals (fire, earth). Windfury on mainhand, flametongue on OH (as per icy-veins.com)

Was really hard to put together enough gear to do raid... but managed one LFR at the end of the night. Managed to pull off 20k ish per boss, with a mix of PvP, JP and even some of my old elemental gear (ouch). Ilvl 373 ish. Granted with 5.04, dps seems to be inflated. But was just posting for interests sake. I just don't see a lot on Enh Shaman macros.

Thanks Khatovar for the info, hope you post some (or many corrections) to help me out

For totems I use

Code:
    /castsequence reset=5 Searing Totem, Healing Stream Totem, Grounding Totem, Healing Stream Totem
    /cast Feral Spirit
    Healing Stream totem has a 30s cooldown, so I can throw Healing up twice to one Searing Totem. I also use the spell reflect glyph for grounding, so I can get one of those up per cycle, too.

I'm not having any issue with castsequences, but as I've stated before, I had to delete my original castsequences and make it an entirely new macro to get it to work right. I also moved them all to the default Blizzard macro panel instead of BindPad, which I used before.

Code:
    /castsequence [@party1target][@target] reset=target/5 Flame Shock, Earth Shock, Earth Shock, Earth Shock, Earth Shock
    I have the extended flame shock glyph for the extra earth shock time. But you're going to want to use a sequence because with a priority system of Flame Shock on its own and Earth shock lower down, the game is always going to opt for Flame Shock every time the global shock cooldown is up, which should be a pretty huge DPS loss, because FS is only worthwhile if the DoT portion is allowed to run.

Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Fire Nova and Lightning Bolt are all individual spells, but I do use them as macros just to keep them casting at my main target. Without the @party1target sometimes the slave will pick out whatever they want to attack, breaking CC or pulling another group.

Unleash elements is a macro that also uses my glove enchant {engineer} and tries to pop wolves in case the totems macro doesn't want to trigger them. I could just put wolves on their own macro, but I'm pretty indifferent to them going off on trash. I have them in my pop cooldowns button for when I really need them.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

"I set up my DPS key to send 1-6 all at once every time I press it. The game receives all those keys at the same time, casts the first thing it can and ignores everything else."

Is this legit? I thought WoW only allowed one action per keystroke? Or is the thought that only one spell casts due to the rest cannot fire at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by crowdx View Post
    I thought WoW only allowed one action per keystroke? Or is the thought that only one spell casts due to the rest cannot fire at the same time?
    This has been covered many times in the past -- If you don't feel "legit" sending multiple keystrokes via a program, when the GCD is in place to stop multiple actions from happening, then lay a popsicle stick across your number row and bang on it. It's the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by crowdx View Post
    "I set up my DPS key to send 1-6 all at once every time I press it. The game receives all those keys at the same time, casts the first thing it can and ignores everything else."

Is this legit? I thought WoW only allowed one action per keystroke? Or is the thought that only one spell casts due to the rest cannot fire at the same time?

Rolling my head on the keyboard.

Talked to a gm once as well they said

One key & one action per keystroke O.K

Lotsofkeys & one one action per keystroke O.K

Lots off actions per keystroke BAD!

some CM out there said this once to make there start forum fights. And someone else out there kicks off about this (other site) making a point its how you read it.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    Rolling my head on the keyboard.

Talked to a gm once as well they said

One key & one action per keystroke O.K

Lotsofkeys & one one action per keystroke O.K

Lots off actions per keystroke BAD!

some CM out there said this once to make there start forum fights. And someone else out there kicks off about this (other site) making a point its how you read it.
    Exactly. Automation is what is not allowed. If you press a key and the game gets 12345, yet can still only process one action, it's still one action. If you then take that and add timers, delays or loops so you press a key and the game gets 1....2.....3....4....5....1.... sent in increments without any input other than the initial keypress, you are now automating.

As I've said before, if it's not something you're comfortable with, you can still use steps or toggles. I've used the exact same macro setup with steps where press 1 is totems, 2 is Unleash Elements, step 3 is shocks, etc. Quiet literally, the only thing I changed from 4.3 to 5.0.4 for some of my guys is removing the <Toggle> from my code for my spam keys.

Code:
    <Hotkey RCtrl F9>
    		<Toggle>
    			<SendLabel w3>
    				<Key 2>
    		<Toggle>
    			<SendLabel w3>
    				<Key Shift 1>
    		<Toggle>
    			<SendLabel w3>
    				<Key Shift 2>
    		<Toggle>
    			<SendLabel w3>
    				<Key Shift 3>
    		<Toggle>
    			<SendLabel w3>
    				<Key Shift 4>

Code:
    <Hotkey RCtrl F9>
    			<SendLabel w3>
    				<Key 2>
    				<Key Shift 1>
    				<Key Shift 2>
    				<Key Shift 3>
    				<Key Shift 4>
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _