Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Some Peripheral Upgrades (And Reviews)

So, as I stated in my recent ESDF thread I have been looking at ways to improve my multiboxing game (because I think shit is about to get real). I mentioned the Cyborg MMO 7 mouse and how I was afraid of using it because I'd become too dependent on it, it'd go EOL, and then I'd be SOL.

Well, with that being said (and regardless of how I felt about the mouse a year and a half ago), I've decided to start using it again -- And I'm liking it (more on this below). However, I still couldn't find the right "weight" for the mouse in comparison to how my G700 felt. The G700 has a battery in it (even though I keep it wired up 100% of the time) and it has a nice weight to it (not too light and not too heavy), but I couldn't achieve the same "feel" on the MMO 7 mouse (it comes with different weights so you can adjust it). So, I got to thinking...

brainwithgears.gif

...maybe I was coming at this all wrong.

The mouse moves around with as much freedom/friction as its feet and the surface it's on allow it to. Now, I've been a fan of those aluminum gaming surfaces for the past few years and I've used the Razer Ironclad (since discontinued), and currently use the Razer Manticor -- Both of which allow mice to nicely glide over its surface without any real feedback/friction and I figured this was where my issue was at.

I used Razer's fancy configurator tool to tell me which gaming surface would be right for me (given the options I chose) and it told me that the Razer Sphex was the answer to all of my problems -- And, wow, was it ever! I LOVE THIS THING!

I checked out a few reviews on it before making the purchase, but honestly... a mouse, the surface, the feet, the friction, the weight, the feel, etc... it's all completely subjective. So, I figured I couldn't go wrong with it since it was only $11 on Amazon. This thing is like a sheet of rough paper that just adheres to your desk, and from what I can tell, it's not going to ruin your desk's surface like a sticker or glue might. Now, I don't have an estimated lifetime for this thing, but it's able to be reapplied several times before the adhesive wears out (I've already moved mine around a few times without any issue).

As for how the MMO 7 mouse feels on it... well, it feels great.

I had to buy another mouse since I lost the extra parts that came with the first one (I kinda wanted the black version now that one was available) and the RAT 7's extra parts weren't compatible with the MMO 7, but all is well, so far. I have yet to implement all of my multiboxing stuff onto it because: 1) I'm still getting used to ESDF for solo play, and 2) I'm in the middle of changing up my multiboxing setup at the moment so that I might become better, faster, and stronger.

However, I wouldn't recommend the MMO 7 mouse as an everyday mouse because there really is a lot going on with it. For my regular browsing, amateur coding (lol?), video editing, and what not... I still use my G700 (yes, I have two mice plugged into my system(s)).

Interesting. Will pick up one of those mouse pads with my next Amazon purchase. Yay to Prime shipping!

I think I saw the MMO 7 @ Best Buy a year or 2 ago. Wasn't sure what to make of it....not many reviews up at the time. Sure as hell had a ton of buttons though. Ended up with a G500, mainly because I can use it with my Eagle Eye for the PS3. I'll always be a mouse + keyboard gamer, can't stand the PS3/360 controllers.

Getting a new mouse is like getting new arms from a baby you have to learn to use all over again, its horrible and I hate it like nothing other.

This idea of yours of changing the mouse to better fit instead of just suffering until I am used to it, sounds intriguing and I should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Damons View Post
    Interesting. Will pick up one of those mouse pads with my next Amazon purchase. Yay to Prime shipping!

I think I saw the MMO 7 @ Best Buy a year or 2 ago. Wasn't sure what to make of it....not many reviews up at the time. Sure as hell had a ton of buttons though. Ended up with a G500, mainly because I can use it with my Eagle Eye for the PS3. I'll always be a mouse + keyboard gamer, can't stand the PS3/360 controllers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Getting a new mouse is like getting new arms from a baby you have to learn to use all over again, its horrible and I hate it like nothing other.

This idea of yours of changing the mouse to better fit instead of just suffering until I am used to it, sounds intriguing and I should try it.
    The mouse is definitely not for everyone, but for some reason, the third time I put it back in my hand I'm now used to it -- Go figure.

My "review" is hardly a true review of the mouse, and because peripherals like this can be so subjective, I urge everyone interested in this mouse to double check the original thread where it was discussed and to do their own research because I'm not about to be blamed for someone spending $120 on a mouse which they may end up hating.

At the moment, my only major gripe is that the MMO 7 doesn't currently come in matte black. The only black color that they currently offer is glossy, and whomever is in charge of marketing devices like this who decides that a glossy color is a good idea, should either re-think their decision or, at least, offer a matte-colored alternative.

For those that aren't familiar with these Cyborg mice, they have interchangeable parts. What's odd is that this glossy black mouse comes with some interchangeable parts that aren't glossy (dafuq?). So, now my mouse really looks like a cyborg because it's mostly glossy black and partially matte black. I guess it's time to break out the sandpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    So, as I stated in my recent ESDF thread I have been looking at ways to improve my multiboxing game (because I think shit is about to get real). I mentioned the Cyborg MMO 7 mouse and how I was afraid of using it because I'd become too dependent on it, it'd go EOL, and then I'd be SOL.

Well, with that being said (and regardless of how I felt about the mouse a year and a half ago), I've decided to start using it again -- And I'm liking it (more on this below). However, I still couldn't find the right "weight" for the mouse in comparison to how my G700 felt. The G700 has a battery in it (even though I keep it wired up 100% of the time) and it has a nice weight to it (not too light and not too heavy), but I couldn't achieve the same "feel" on the MMO 7 mouse (it comes with different weights so you can adjust it). So, I got to thinking...

brainwithgears.gif

...maybe I was coming at this all wrong.

The mouse moves around with as much freedom/friction as its feet and the surface it's on allow it to. Now, I've been a fan of those aluminum gaming surfaces for the past few years and I've used the Razer Ironclad (since discontinued), and currently use the Razer Manticor -- Both of which allow mice to nicely glide over its surface without any real feedback/friction and I figured this was where my issue was at.

I used Razer's fancy configurator tool to tell me which gaming surface would be right for me (given the options I chose) and it told me that the Razer Sphex was the answer to all of my problems -- And, wow, was it ever! I LOVE THIS THING!

I checked out a few reviews on it before making the purchase, but honestly... a mouse, the surface, the feet, the friction, the weight, the feel, etc... it's all completely subjective. So, I figured I couldn't go wrong with it since it was only $11 on Amazon. This thing is like a sheet of rough paper that just adheres to your desk, and from what I can tell, it's not going to ruin your desk's surface like a sticker or glue might. Now, I don't have an estimated lifetime for this thing, but it's able to be reapplied several times before the adhesive wears out (I've already moved mine around a few times without any issue).

As for how the MMO 7 mouse feels on it... well, it feels great.

I had to buy another mouse since I lost the extra parts that came with the first one (I kinda wanted the black version now that one was available) and the RAT 7's extra parts weren't compatible with the MMO 7, but all is well, so far. I have yet to implement all of my multiboxing stuff onto it because: 1) I'm still getting used to ESDF for solo play, and 2) I'm in the middle of changing up my multiboxing setup at the moment so that I might become better, faster, and stronger.

However, I wouldn't recommend the MMO 7 mouse as an everyday mouse because there really is a lot going on with it. For my regular browsing, amateur coding (lol?), video editing, and what not... I still use my G700 (yes, I have two mice plugged into my system(s)).
    Ahh yeah... proper mouse pads are a must. I had some cheapo $2 ones designed by someone who probably didn't even know what a mouse was - they were light and slippery on both sides meaning they wouldnt stay on the table and there was no friction at all for the mouse.

I think I went with the razer.. cant real it.. galithos or something. love this guy. Can clean it in the sink, even ran a hand held vacuum brush over it, sucked all the crap out. I imagine it'll be lasting a long time.

I have the razer molten, use all 12 keys on the side. Was the old style one still available without that stupid cloud crap (I don't need your cloud saving my mouse settings, thanks). My last razer made it 4 years, since Wotlk. Finally the left mouse key was sticking, couldnt click and drag anything. A little glue and repair inside bought me a month or so then it crapped out. Molten is pretty much the same thing just a different color.

Haven't tried any other style of mouse though, pretty solid on the naga being able to finally use all 12 keys without missing. I know there are little mini mouse/keybaords but I haven't felt the need yet.