Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 31

Default FOTM for Multiboxing is definitely pallys

I mentioned it before, but it is clear that stacking Sacred Shield is OP. Hopefully there isn't a nerf incoming, but having four stacking on one toon makes them nearly unstoppable. I have to imagine that rets will overtake DKs for the melee of choice. I decided to run my 4 rets with a warrior (fury at the moment). I'm pretty confident that this group will take down any PvE or PvP (BG at least) thrown at it. I can't wait to see the Battle Healer glyph in action!
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

I'll definitely check that out on my pallies (they are still only 80 since I quit boxing, but whatever).

You tried shaman yet?

The one thing I'm afraid of, is these healing abilities scaling with pvp power, so they'll drop off significantly the minute you hit 86 and won't recover until a few tiers into level 90. My 80 in full wrathful (stat dropoff starts at 81) healing tide totem ticks for the same damn amount as my level 85 in starter pvp gear... imagine that. An 85 shaman in season 11 though, hits crazy numbers.
    Last edited by heyaz : 08-29-2012 at 09:23 PM

Shaman will be better overall IMO.

Healing rain + healing tide totem + resto 4 set + ascendance + hpally aura mastery.... unkillable due to 160k heal per tick or more on totems + healing rain and enough damage to burst anything in the game down...

Rets will be strong as shit for sure.

Does it cost holy power to use? (re-rolling and old accounts inactive now with pallies on them)

Also... how much does it heal for/absorb? They also have 6 seconds to swap to another target if you sacred shield one and burst it down (yes we have bubble though)
    Last edited by Shodokan : 08-29-2012 at 09:50 PM
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Blog Entries

Pallies have a fair bit going for them...
    But DK's are going to be quite strong too.
    I'm not going to mention anything in favor of the Pallies, as they're going to be a strong option... but... they'll both be good choices.

In the DK's favor is still Howling Blast.
    As this is AoE damage, at range, and applies a snare.
    Which means the DK's have an easier time closing to melee range than most other melee characters.

The DK's also have Death Grip, which essentially negates root and snare effects.
    They retain their defensive cooldowns, against knockbacks/fear/stuns, and can give up the knockback cooldown (glyph it) for a second trinket effect.
    Plus Conversion & Purgatory look to be nice.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Pallies have a fair bit going for them...
    But DK's are going to be quite strong too.
    I'm not going to mention anything in favor of the Pallies, as they're going to be a strong option... but... they'll both be good choices.

In the DK's favor is still Howling Blast.
    As this is AoE damage, at range, and applies a snare.
    Which means the DK's have an easier time closing to melee range than most other melee characters.

The DK's also have Death Grip, which essentially negates root and snare effects.
    They retain their defensive cooldowns, against knockbacks/fear/stuns, and can give up the knockback cooldown (glyph it) for a second trinket effect.
    Plus Conversion & Purgatory look to be nice.
    Howling blast damage really isn't that high in MoP so the days of spamming that for our main damage ability are pretty over. It hits for 11-16k non crit in s12 gear on other PVP geared players meaning you aren't even doing 15% hp for every howling blast all 4 dks do due to high health pools.

Yes dks will be strong but it is not going to be because of howling blast. It will be due to their absurd burst with full RP and runes and trinkets up as well as their ability to ignore CC for as long as they can. Also their ability to clear targets with a long ranged purge into grip + burst + stun. Necrotic is basically off the table unless you horde blood tap and make sure your real death runes are up. That along with their execute being stupid if they all hit at once it will basically kill someone. Don't get me wrong dks will be good but they will be MUCH harder to play than point and click as they are now, they will no longer be completely faceroll but will still have their faceroll burst moments. Survivability minus CC reduction and such is pretty abysmal though in comparison to paladins.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 08-29-2012 at 10:32 PM

Sacred shield does not have a resource cost (mana or holy power). Self refreshes every 6 seconds (impacted by haste) for 30 seconds if you don't put it on a different target.

Havent been able to try the other two parts of the survivability equation - glyph of battle healer and holy prism. The glyph requires mop mats and the other is level 90 talent.

One of the improvements is that templars verdict and divine storm require three holy power. That's great from a multiboxing resource management point of view as you can just spam it with you HP generators and not have to manage HP.

I went with the warrior over DK for healing rebuff and fun. The pallys are pretty damn mobile and I thought the warrior being mobile would be better. I want them to focus the warrior as that will feed rage and she will likely have the shields. Y default (until others get focused)

Blame iPhone for typos
    Owltoid, Thatblueguy, Thisblueguy, Otherblueguy, Whichblueguy

Quote Originally Posted by Owltoid View Post
    Sacred shield does not have a resource cost (mana or holy power). Self refreshes every 6 seconds (impacted by haste) for 30 seconds if you don't put it on a different target.

Havent been able to try the other two parts of the survivability equation - glyph of battle healer and holy prism. The glyph requires mop mats and the other is level 90 talent.

One of the improvements is that templars verdict and divine storm require three holy power. That's great from a multiboxing resource management point of view as you can just spam it with you HP generators and not have to manage HP.

I went with the warrior over DK for healing rebuff and fun. The pallys are pretty damn mobile and I thought the warrior being mobile would be better. I want them to focus the warrior as that will feed rage and she will likely have the shields. Y default (until others get focused)

Blame iPhone for typos
    Just thought i'd mention this about rets...

The entire tier 45 talents are complete garbage.

Sacred shield on a t2 ret right now is a 9.3k absorb. Which means at content it is approximately a 40kish absorb per 6 seconds for 30 seconds. This is also considered a magic effect and can be dispelled.
    Selfless healer is also a magic effect and can be dispelled (each stack is a different buff)... but at current content a 3 stack heals for approximately 100k on someone else.

So effectively it ends up coming down to: are you fighting a hunter/dk/shaman/priest? Kiss your sacred shield/selfless healer stacks good bye (normally for 1 toon i'd say) which puts Selfless healer ahead because if one of them is cleaned off of their SH then the other 3 still have 75+k heals that will go out vs every 6 seconds being able to use a global to re-buff a shield that may be dispelled. Sacred Shield will however help with initial burst.

Also I want to point out that a lot of things hit for over 100k... so essentially if they somehow get to 25k absorb per shield then it will only absorb one ability (like a crit obliterate, slam/mortal strike under avatar, shatter, mind blast, pyroblast, etc etc)

They obviously can't dispel it every time but the point is that it is dispellable and for a single toon the entire tier is garbage but for us both options are viable since they can't spend enough resources to clean the entire team of their cooldowns unless they are running dk/enhance/hunter/priest/paladin or something in 5's with full resources up.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 08-29-2012 at 11:38 PM

Interesting thread. Keep it going guys

Quote Originally Posted by Palee View Post
    Interesting thread. Keep it going guys
    Shodokan will be charging $10 a reply from here on forth.

Anyone create an awesome Ret Paladin cast sequence DPS macro or technique yet?

I've been playing around with it on my Freshly minted Level 85 Paladins with item level 305 and am getting ~6k. Pretty awful.

Though, not sure if it is my gear or my macro.