Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 30

Isn't healing rain pretty sick on Elementals as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Isn't healing rain pretty sick on Elementals as well?
    Healing rain with the talent Conductivity is really nice. The target you doing damage to and the people being healed both have to be in the healing rain but heals for 50% of the damageyou do. should be really nice for vs melee in pvp or aoe grinding. found it to be usefull in beta with just one shaman can't wait to try it with 4.

The problem with healing rain & conductivity is that it only transfers damage from lightning bolt, chain lightning and earth shock into healing, no lava burst, flame shock, unleash elements/elemental blast nor fire totems; whereas ancestral guidance uses 40% of all damage and doesn't have a position requirement.

With the recent patches lightning bolt does less damage single target than chain lighting, so it's a very limited amount of damage that you'll get heals from.

Ancestral guidance beats conductivity by miles in pvp in my opinion. I can see it having great use in an alterac valley turtle where you are standing at a choke point cleaving down aliance scum.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    The problem with healing rain & conductivity is that it only transfers damage from lightning bolt, chain lightning and earth shock into healing, no lava burst, flame shock, unleash elements/elemental blast nor fire totems; whereas ancestral guidance uses 40% of all damage and doesn't have a position requirement.

With the recent patches lightning bolt does less damage single target than chain lighting, so it's a very limited amount of damage that you'll get heals from.

Ancestral guidance beats conductivity by miles in pvp in my opinion. I can see it having great use in an alterac valley turtle where you are standing at a choke point cleaving down aliance scum.
    do not think ancestral is all that great only last 10 secs and heals only 3 people. so may beget 5 spells of if you luck and then have to wait 2 mins for it to be up again. time will tell how well they do.

from what people were saying before, I look forward to more world PVP.
    Earthen Ring - Horde - 7 boxing
    Cuddle Buddies - 4DK, 1 Holy Paladin, 1 Disc Priest, and 1 Resto Shaman | Armory 5v5 Cuddle Buddies
    ex Kilrogg - Horde

Team Acid Wuvablez - 4DK + 1 holy pally | Acidburning, Crashohvride, Acidloves, Acidhugs, & Acidcuddles | Armory 5v5 Love You Bye Bye
    ex Garona - Horde
    Team Acid Dessert - Quad Shaman | Acidcake, Acidfudge, Acidicecream, & Acidmoarprz
    Team Acid Hackers - DK + 3 Rets | Acidburning, Crashohvride, Ceralkillah, & Loardnikon

Quote Originally Posted by leroyreborn View Post
    do not think ancestral is all that great only last 10 secs and heals only 3 people. so may beget 5 spells of if you luck and then have to wait 2 mins for it to be up again. time will tell how well they do.
    If you play 4x ele that means every 30s you have it up for 10s which is roughly 33% of the time. It's way OP atm when you line it up with dps cd's (ascendance, elemental mastery, ...). To the extend where they'll bring extra elemental shaman to raid encounters for this spell. I'm expecting a big nerf as soon as the first raids start. Either way I think you underestimate severely how crazy this talent is for multiple ele shaman. And only 5 spells in 10s, that seems like really poor play to me.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Looking forward mostly to being able to mix and match my teams. Also looking to do some PVP which would be a first for me :]. Elemental shamans look really great, so I might whip out the old 5x shammy team, but pallies look good as well, especially with the passive healing going on for rets.

I just look forward to the expansion as a whole I guess.

What in particular about mixing and matching the teams has improved?

I got bored leveling in beta, but looking forward how will 5xArcane work against dungeon bosses at lvl 90.. 6 Arcane Charges is surely a mana sink so the good old CDs+AB*n+1+loot might not work there, even though you get the runes of power at 90 for mana regen and spell dmg boost..

I might continue where Cata ends, leveling my guild, trying to kill as many bosses as possible, filling the guild bank with insane amounts of gold by farming the content that no-one can solo with one toon and so on.. Going in as Beeqs, since I haven't found the same joy of play on any other classes, yet!

edit: oh and challenge modes, of course. Not to race against the other teams, but competiting with self for better records

edit: oops the title says pvp :P
    Last edited by beeq : 08-24-2012 at 05:26 PM

Quote Originally Posted by dancook View Post
    What in particular about mixing and matching the teams has improved?
    Ease of use of some character classes.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P