Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Dual Boxing Hunter+Priest, silly problem

I'm a major noob at this dual-boxing thing. I just dual-box two accounts since my computer is a bit meh. I'm currently dual-boxing a hunter and a priest, but I can't get out of the starting zone, because when the hunter shoots (hunter = master character), the priest runs into melee range and then stops. My ret paladin+mage combo don't have this problem, but the ret paladin is my master and the mage can sometimes run up right behind him before casting (or I can stop the mage with a button).

What can I do to make the priest stand back with the hunter and cast smite? I did a lot of Google searches but all the "answers" are so abbreviated I can't understand what it is I'm supposed to do. I'm intending to use the priest to heal via VuhDo on the master window but for now I have to be able to quest.

Any suggestions?

There should be no reason for the priest to default to running up in to melee range. I have to assume you have interact with target turned on and somehow tied into your spam key for that character. But since I don't use ISBoxer, that's as far as I can speculate.

You'll need to post your configuration so people can see what you have set up.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Have you got "Attack on assist" clicked on in your interface options, that combined with interact with target is probably doing it
    Frostmourne (Oceanic) - Bloodlust - Alliance - 10 Boxer

Uhmmmmm I think this is right?

http://www.privatepaste.com/fe0cc8b953

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's some Interact With Target thing, but not sure what I did wrong. Nothing weird happens on the mage/pally combo. Or the hunter/hunter combo. I thought I had IWT set to uhm...alt+g or something but I'm really stumped, not that that's news or anything.

EDIT: Attack on assist isn't check on the follow character's interface options.
    Last edited by Candlelight : 08-04-2012 at 11:47 PM

You're going to need to give us some way to translate from the descriptions you have given to what is in your ISBoxer config. For example, which Character Set is hunter/priest (and which are the ones that work as expected)? Which keys are you pressing that cause this behaviour? The more information you can give to help the person looking at your config (me), the more likely I am to be able to pinpoint the cause of the behaviour you describe.

Make sure you turn click to move off on the priest under mouse options in game. Also if you use jamba make sure auto activate click to move on slaves is turned off. I think its under team in jamba options.

Auto-activate CTM on slaves is off. CTM under interface options is also off.

I'm really sorry for not clarifying. My hunter/priest combo is Psalms and Proverbs (Psalms is the priest, Proverbs is the hunter) of Dalaran, the team name is Bible. ;P The teams that work as expected are Chevis/Sora (retpally/mage), and Hunters (hunt/hunt).

These characters are level one or level two (can't remember offhand). Hunter has Arcane Shot on Key #1, Priest has Smite on Key #1. When I target something and Push 1 on the hunter, the hunter shoots it, but the priest, instead of remaining where she is and starting to cast Smite, runs to the target and swings at it. Sometimes she'll stop and cast Smite after whacking the target with her mace, but other times she'll run around it in circles. Key mapping is on, Broadcasting is off. The run-around-in-a-circle thing would be nice if she were a rogue or a melee class, but she's not. I want her to stand back with the hunter and cast Smite instead.

Just noticed that this ONLY happens with 1. With 2, 3, 4, et cetera, the priest stands back and casts. This might actually be an easy fix! Yay. I'm not sure how to fix it, though-- or if fixing it on these characters will screw it up on the ret paladin/mage. For now I can just move the buttons to 2-etc, I guess. Thanks for the help guys, sorry about my amazing noobishness.

Auto-activate CTM on slaves is off. CTM under interface options is also off.
    Neither of these will matter because the Interact with Target Mapped Key in ISBoxer turns CTM on and off.

Anyway, it's amazing how being able to clearly explain the problem actually helps you to work out the solution sometimes.

The difference in behaviour you have noted between the 1 key on one hand and the 2,3,4 keys on the other is that your "DPS 1" Mapped Key includes an action that performs IWT while your "DPS 2" Mapped Key does not.

What you need to do is set things up so that only Characters in your Melee Action Target Group interact with the target. If you don't put your priest in this group it will no longer IWT.

1. In the General Key Map, right click Interact with Target, choose Make Copy. Select the copy (Copy of Interact with Target), hit F2 and rename it as "Interact with Target Melee".
    2. Change the Hotkey for "Interact with Target Melee" to <NO KEY> to clear the hotkey.
    3. Click on Step 1 under Interact with Target Melee and then select the Action that reads "G -> all". Change the Target of that action to "Group (all of): Melee".
    4. Select the DPS 1 Mapped Key in FTL DPS Keys Key Map and select the "Do Interact with Target..." Action. Change the Mapped Key to "Interact with Target Melee".
    5. Add only those Characters you want to IWT when you press 1 to the Melee ATG.
    6. File, Export and test.

Now, when you press 1, only melee characters will Interact with Target. And you can still use Alt+G to interact with quest givers, loot corpses etc.
    Last edited by Alge : 08-05-2012 at 11:48 AM

Oh wow, thanks so much!! That is an amazingly concise and easy-to-understand explanation of what to do. I really, really appreciate it. It seems to be fixed now!!

So if I have, say, two rogues, if I add them to the "melee" ATG, then the one on follow will run up and start whacking on stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Candlelight View Post
    So if I have, say, two rogues, if I add them to the "melee" ATG, then the one on follow will run up and start whacking on stuff?
    Yes, but not because that rogue is following, just because it is not your "active" window.