Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Troopers suck?

Default Troopers suck?

I'm thinking of quiting my troopers. I think my vanguard is doing great, but my two gunnery commandos don't seem to be pulling their own weight. I might have to level up a couple of DPS specd sages to fill my DPS role.

I can't seem to stick with one group past level 20 or so. I have 4 sentinels at 24, 4 agents at 22, and now 3 troopers and a sage at 20.
    You better Trek yourself before you wreck yourself!

I LOVE my vanguard and 3 sages...
    SWTOR: Lord Praven - Republic - Jedi Sentinel - Pown, Paun, Poun, Peun

Yeah, the vanguard seems to be the shining star of the bunch.

I had a Vanguard and Guardian combo, they rocked everything they came across till level 20, when I decided to try to BH's...

Do the Commandos have the same type of "heal" mechanic as the Bounty Hunter? As in shooting the tank to heal...
    I tweet on the twitter about my multiboxing experiences in SWTOR... @laytonjohnny

yes
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Well, I'm having a change of heart about Commandos. Having 2 is too many because one is enough. They do less DPS than any other ranged DPS class as far as I can tell. What they bring to the table is a CC, great AOE, Grav Round armor debuff, and they can heal. Lastly, they are in heavy armor an have a strong shield cooldown so they are more survivable than other ranged DPS classes.

I'm not sure if all of that makes them better than a DPS Sage, but they are close I'm sure.