Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Movement on alts - most efficient method?

Hi guys,

Was just wondering what what methods you use to move your alts once your main dies.

For me I have F8 - F12 set up to swtich focus between my toons (so dps & healing macros still work) and use combinations of ALT, SHIFT & CTRL with WASD to control movements on my alts. I.e. SHIFT-WASD on Alt 1, ALT-WASD on Alt 2, CTRL-WASD on Alt 3, etc.

I was wondering if there is a more efficient way to do this? Am I making things hard for myself this way?

Cheers,

Stealthy
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

Well I use Keyclone and have 5 instances on one PC, so can enjoy the bounty of PiP and BOOBS

Basically I have WASD enabled on all instances and have these in the DNP list. I also bind shift WASD, which are not in the DNP.

This lets me move the active window using WASD and all via Shift-WASD if I need micro control over a char, I can PiP to that instance (sets foucs on group to that character) and move them, quickly swapping back as required.
    [align=center]AeineiA AeineiB AeneiC AenieD AeineiX
    All your soul are belong to us
    "They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead"
    The Wiki is your Friend
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by 'Djarid',index.php?page=Thread&postID=43789#post43 789
    Well I use Keyclone and have 5 instances on one PC, so can enjoy the bounty of PiP and BOOBS

Basically I have WASD enabled on all instances and have these in the DNP list. I also bind shift WASD, which are not in the DNP.

This lets me move the active window using WASD and all via Shift-WASD if I need micro control over a char, I can PiP to that instance (sets foucs on group to that character) and move them, quickly swapping back as required.
    PiP and BOOBS? I gather these are fuctions withing keyclone? Apart from being amusing acronyms, what do they do?

I know keyclone works fine for multiple instances on the one PC - how does it fare over individual pc's? Might be time to move up from Synergy...

Cheers,

Stealthy
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

PiP and BOOBS are amusing acronyms for the facility to swap the position of WOW instances on the fly.

eg. I have a 1536x1200 main and 4 284x300 instance clones. They are configured with PiP hotkeys.

When I hit G2, bound the the hotkey for the first clone instance, it swaps the 384x300 instance into the 1536x1200 region (pre-configured in Keyclone) WoW automatically recognises that its screen area has changed and sets the resolution accordingly. Because the minis and main share the same aspect ratio (1.28 in my case) there is no stretching of the image.

The PiP hotkey has been set to the same keybinding as the macro which changes my group focus (and party leader)
    [align=center]AeineiA AeineiB AeneiC AenieD AeineiX
    All your soul are belong to us
    "They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead"
    The Wiki is your Friend
    [/align]