Cross post from ISBoxer, looking for some serious discussion about this. =)

I've got about 120M in gear PER monk, running 4 monks. Act 1 is a cakewalk, act 2 I take damage occasionally, act 3 I get flat out raped. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, I've tried literally every build I can think of/researched and still I get straight up owned. The problem? -- Affix abilities...

Apparently they claimed to have nerfed the 4 man damage that the mobs do (which since the last hotfix there is an insane BUFF to inferno mob damage http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...8788785?page=1 ) but honestly the fact that mobs can cast 4x the amount of abilities if you have 4 guys alive is just stupid. Desecration = near instant death for me EVERY-SINGLE-TIME, Generally arcane as well.

I'm geared well, there's no question about it. I have 30+k hp, 15-25k dmg, 45% dodge, 950-1k resists, 55-60% block, 980-1500+ LOH & 2.6-2.9% Leech, 1.7-1.8 attack speed, 30-32% Crit, 180%++ Crit DMG, 4.8-5k Armor, all unbuffed... However no matter how hard I try; these 2 abilities will always lead to my death, why is this? I have 120-150M worth of gear on 3 and 400m++ worth of gear on my main monk, does it matter? nope. I've tried dual wielding as well (which I survive longer due to the increased attack speed and life on hit as well as dodge % increase.

What's funny is every single time I try to fight one of these elite packs with arcane or desecration they spawn 3-4x as many on the ground meaning I have to move almost non-stop because it stacks so fast. However if I die with 2 or 3 the spawn rate of it slows down and I can finish with the remaining 1-2 monks -- how stupid is that? Farming act 3 with anyone one monk is easy, any 2 is no problem, 3 is almost impossible, 4 is a waste of time/money sink. Their physical damage doesn't do squat to me, neither does ranged, however their affixes are so over-the-top that it makes playing with more than 2 people in your group pointless.

What are your thoughts? Is ANYONE farming act 3-4 with 4 characters WELL? Meaning actual farm runs where you don't wipe at least 1-2x per pack? Anyone? If so what classes are you using? How much $ in gear do you estimate you have? I don't see why it's so damn hard with this kind of gear to progress still in act 3. I can't even imagine trying to get magic find gear to do this, it's quite honestly a joke. I've never struggled so hard to attempt to farm with a group in a game that is supposed to be co-op.

I'm on the verge of liquidating 100% of my monk gear and going back to solo DH farming, not that gear is worth farming at all anymore, it's all about gold farming, getting lucky crafting, or playing the AH, so lame, it's not a wonder all the high end stuff has gone up as far as 10x the value in the past 2 weeks or so -- not very many people are farming gear anymore, the amount of items on the AH are dropping at an insane rate too.

I remember back in D2 grouping was actually viable, better than soloing, fun... /sigh

/discuss