Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Default "BADBREATH" Hunter pet + macros

Go here for update on transcatt macro.mop version coming soon

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...ight=badbreath

This information is now MOP related and at the time of writing based on level 88

Introduction :-

Hi ok to the point,this video is not strictly multiboxing,but is a testbed as such,and the plan is to add 3 more hunters and maybe a priest..

I like to get to know a class before i play it multiboxing and this is what i have done here..

Along the way i have had 2 revelations and i wanted to share them here..it may not be spectacular to others maybe,but this combination is so fun to play at the minute..

It is really a pet and a bit of an unconventional macro..that's got me loling my head off when playing some time..i will explain below and you can see it in action in the short video.

The Pet:-

I have tried most of the pets,from monkey,wasp,cats,rinos etc and they all have there advantages and disadvantages,i do tend to go for the dps ones more so than the reduce armor etc types..

I must say too that this mainly concerns Beast Mastery..and you need 30 points in that talent tree to use the exotic ability's of the pets...

The pet i'm using at the minute and having the most fun with is..the chimera

It has the standard Bite..which does between 4000 - 8000 damage on level 85 test dummies at my level range

It has Frostbreath that does frost and lightning at the same time..and slows enemy for 5 secs

just these are fine on there own...and i probably would have missed the exotic ability if i hadn't looked in more depth at the pet tab

It is called Froststorm breath and it does... a frozen breath attack,mim 3000 to max 10000 plus frostorm damage ( my level 88) every 1.91 sec for 7 .66 secs to all enemies within 12 yards

I know its not a lot of damage but it is an aoe spell and most important it has NO cooldown..it only uses 20 focus and you do not even notice the loss of 20 focus..

So binding it to a key or macro it's spammable and the effect is cool and if your inside the froststorm you cant see anything lol..this alone confuses people..and this wall of blue chasing you down constantly must drive people crazy...i laughed my head of the first time i used it..

and i have yet to see anyone use this in a bg yet in the 4 years or so ive been playing...

I think 3 or 4 of these running at the same time..either on a single target or targetnearest enemy would be mad..

petopia is a great source for hunters..

http://www.wow-petopia.com/

And you can find the chimera's here..the model i use is a rare called Nuramoc from netherstorm

Use the addon NPC scan and NPC overlay to find the rares

http://www.curse.com/search?type=addons&search=_NPCScan

So below is "BADBREATH" my chimera in action.at level 74-76 pre MOP.and then i will talk about the macro after that

( Ohh viewed best in 720 hd FULL Screen,for a clearer video..the default 360 is blurry.you change the quality on the player )

And the first kill was just a hmm moment when defending the flag..but still a kill is a kill

Also on Warcraftmovies

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=217283

I have had some pvp in alterac valley and we held the choke points..and i kicked myself for not frapsing it..but still i hope you can see why i have so much fun playing like this..

The Macro:-

I have posted here most if not all of the macros i use on my hunter..and you will see them below..

But for now i'll talk about this macro that has become my main kill button,which is a bit unconventional for a hunter macro

I in no way say this will give huge dps etc..it does not but its helped a lot with rogues and most classes,in combination with other macros and single spell casts which i will explain..

The normal macro for hunter can be a combination of arcane and steady shot..typically like below

Code:
    /petattack
    /castsequence reset=target Hunter's mark,arcane shot,arcane,steady shot,steady shot,arcane shot,arcane shot
    /cast Kill Command
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

As you will see on the keyboard layout i use the W,S,A,D for movement..the macro i am talking about is on key 4 and binded to my middle mouse button

This is the macro (At level 88)

This will also require BINDPAD addon to work as it goes past the 255 limit on macros

link here

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/bind-pad

Code:
    /petattack
    /petdefensive
    /castsequence reset=target arcane shot,concussive shot,serpent sting,kill command,widow venom,tranquilizing shot,cobra shot
    /cast cobra shot
    /cast froststorm breath
    /cast kill command
    /cast tranquilizing shot
    /cast kill command
    /cast silencing shot
    /cast froststorm breath
    /cast charge
    /cast intimidation
    /cast silencing shot
    /cast arcane shot
    So a typical attack would go like this..arriving at arathi lumbermill...i hit the buff macro (F)
    This will cast beastial wrath,rapidfire etc..then i hit the middle mouse button and this macro runs

Hunter's mark on the target..1 arcane shot will do some damage to get things started,concussive shot will slow the enemy,and then serpent sting adds a dot to tick away..this is ideal for rogues if they haven't vanished already,and will unstealth them..by this time Badbreath is doing his thing and will kill command which normally does a good amount of damage,this take the focus right down,but ,but will drop down to the cobra shot casts or i then switch too my pure arcane castsequence macro (E) until all focus is used and then either go back to the macro above or to a pure steady shot macro (5) to get back some focus..

Added to this of course depends on the class im fighting i'll try to traquilze shot a mage to remove the frost bubble and like wise on a pally and also use widow venom to reduce healing etc

To see it more clearly in action watch the focus bar in the video when i am fighting galv in alterac valley.this uses all the above and the rogue who i find in the water..

Also of course while i am spamming this macro..frostbreath is constantly being used by the chimera

I am also using the kill macro on key (Q) which also has mend pet,kill command etc

For me the combination of the pet and this macro work well together..and it's useful for pesky ( in the nicest way) rogues,druids
    ,its not a do all kill macro and the dps does get me quite high on the counters if you look at the skada counter left side during the video..but its just something differant and proabably just the way i play..

here is my keyboard layout( key H) has been added recently to masters call)

Last edited by honeypot2011 : 10-06-2012 at 10:53 AM