Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default HotKeyNet Forum Closed

I told my wife I broke Hotkeynet. I've used it for a couple years and the first time I go to the forum, register and ask a question, Freddie sends me a pm that he has closed the site lol. Thanks Freddie

Seriously though, thanks for the great free program I've used all these years, but since I can't fix my PiP toggle problem, maybe it's time to look at ISBoxer.
    Last edited by MiRai : 06-13-2012 at 01:01 PM

I didn't believe it until I went there myself and saw the announcement:

http://www.hotkeynet.com/phpBB3/view...hp?f=23&t=2599

While it's unfortunate, at least the program is still available for download. HotKeyNet was the program that I usually referred people to who didn't want to pay for ISBoxer and wanted software with some power. If ISBoxer was not around, I would be using HKN myself.

http://hotkeynet.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2599

the sites look like they stay online for now. shame to see it going

Sorry Kemosabe.

Please note that I didn't close the site. I closed the forum. The site will remain on the web.

I've given free user support for HotkeyNet for four years. I can't keep doing it the rest of my life. I have to stop sometime. So I stopped yesterday.

This change affects only the forum, not the rest of the site, not the program. The program itself was already frozen. I stopped working on HotkeyNet two years ago. From my point of view, that was a bigger event than this.

The site will remain on the web, and the program will continue to be available for download.
    Last edited by Freddie : 06-12-2012 at 10:33 PM
    �Author of HotkeyNet and Mojo

Blog Entries

I wonder if it would be okay for someone to host HKN somewhere, so it would be available.
    It is a good option, for boxers.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    I wonder if it would be okay for someone to host HKN somewhere, so it would be available.
    It is a good option, for boxers.
    No, it's not okay. That would be a copyright violation. And it's not necessary. People can continue to download HotkeyNet from its website. The site will remain on the web.

As long as I can still use HKN, I'm happy. *hugs her HotKeyNet*

Oh, and Kemosabe if you have questions you can still ask here. I'm not Freddie and am nowhere near pro with HKN, but if I swing around blindly in the dark for a while, I can usually dig up something.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 06-12-2012 at 10:41 PM
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    As long as I can still use HKN, I'm happy. *hugs her HotKeyNet*

Oh, and Kemosabe if you have questions you can still ask here. I'm not Freddie and am nowhere near pro with HKN, but if I swing around blindly in the dark for a while, I can usually dig up something.
    Actually Khat you are very, very good at answering questions about HotkeyNet. I've always appreciated that.

Thanks Freddie. You got anything else in the pipe or are you busy living life?
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
    No, it's not okay. That would be a copyright violation. And it's not necessary. People can continue to download HotkeyNet from its website. The site will remain on the web.
    That comment, regarding the hosting of HKN, was prior to seeing that you were planning on keeping it available.
    If you're planning on continuing to host it (which rocks), there's no reason for anyone else to host it, or ask to host it, etc.

I know the original author of Octopus no longer maintains it, and has not for years.
    Yet you can still download Octopus and use it for boxing.
    Presumably he/she does not object to that.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa