Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Make Borderless

Post Make Borderless

I threw together a very quick project while testing some code for inclusion into my Multiboxing project, I needed a way to make windows borderless. So I decided to make the little mini-project an actual application anyone can use if they desire (if their multi-boxing solution doesn't already do this for you, of course!)

Hope you enjoy! (Oh, and it's open source)

http://makeborderless.codeplex.com/

Updated to Alpha 0.2!

Capture1.jpgCapture2.jpgCapture3.jpgCapture4.jpg

Alpha 0.2

Changes:

Features
    • Added Support for Multiple Windows
    • Added Settings Manager
    • Added Command-Line Arguments
      • -w --window : Group entries by Window Name
      • -p --process : Group entries by Proccess Name
      • -m --minimize : Run minimized on startup
      • -n --names "name1 name2 ..." : Set to borderless on startup.
      • -h -? --help : Display help with commands.
    Last edited by HydraCoder : 04-30-2012 at 09:02 PM Reason: Updated to Alpha 0.2, and new pictures!

Very nifty little app.

When two instances of WoW are running and both are checked, only one of the windows is borderless. Are you planning to have a config file to use settings from the previous session or a command line for a batch file to make defined windows borderless? It would make it a bit more convenient than having to launch the app, hitting Refresh button for all the programs that are currently running to show up on the list, and then checking them.

Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie916 View Post
    Very nifty little app.

When two instances of WoW are running and both are checked, only one of the windows is borderless. Are you planning to have a config file to use settings from the previous session or a command line for a batch file to make defined windows borderless? It would make it a bit more convenient than having to launch the app, hitting Refresh button for all the programs that are currently running to show up on the list, and then checking them.

Thank you for sharing.
    Sure I can do that. I whipped this together just for some testing of code, and I liked it so much that I spitshined it a little and threw it on codeplex. I'll go update it to support multiple windows, right now, it just goes for the first window it iterates out of the list that matches. Basically what I'd need to do is save all of the window handles and use the selection index of the checklist, as opposed to window name string. I'll also throw in some basic configuration settings if I can manage it. Basically just like a "Remember all that match this name(s)" option is the easiest thing I can come up with on short notice. I'll have it up tonight.

I did some good work on fleshing out the application a bit, it now has proper support for all windows, and I added a nifty TreeView to control it. It has 2 modes, sport by window name, and sort by process name. I'm pondering on a good timeframe for auto-refreshing (5sec, 10sec), and I'm right now working on putting in some command-line options to pre-state what window names to make borderless (It's also saved in the settings file, and on load, will look for the window/process names to auto-hide them.)

The command-line will have a tac option to run minimized, and an option on the UI to run minimized on start as well.

It took me a bit longer to flesh it out than one evening, but I got all of the complicated stuff out of the way first, here's a work-in-progress screenshot of 0.2, that I'll have up on the codeplex site today.

no group.jpggrouped window.jpgwithout border windowname.jpgonly one borderless.jpggrouped process.jpg

Blog Entries

Hi hydracoder..and may i say well done you and thankyou for all your effort your putting into this..you deserve.a big pat on the back..and i wish you well in all you do..
    i had a play with your original..and yes because the the windows all named the same world of warcraft.. i could only make 1 window..go borderless/or border"some"..erm so to speak..
    i was interested to try this because..although in the ingame options for fullscreen-windowed..windowed..it says on the mouseover label..it might cause performance issuses..i seemed to notice when i was boxing and windowed..i got a better framerate for some reason..
    also the software i use pwnboxer..if i switched to windowed ingame...pwnboxer would no longer work in that window..and iwould have to close that client down and restart it...
    with your borderless/windows..i can make the the window..have a border and still be able to box with no crash of that particular client..
    i will have a try of your new one when ive finished this to see how it affects over all 5 windows..and for me personally if it makes a differance to framerate..
    i know that in general..and for looks purposes..having no border.."Looks more appealing" but i am just interested to see if this makes any differance.
    so although your borderless idea..was the original..it may serve the other way round too..
    again this is my own experiance..and i am not saying its the same for everyone..but i'll have a go and see what happens
    But anyway..3 cheers from me to you and keep up the good work..

honeypot2011, I'm sorry, but I'm not quite following your train of thought there. Are you trying to report a crash of pwnboxer caused by my application setting the window to borderless? Also, are you inquiring as to performance increases? I never made any claim it would increase performance, I just find it more appealing, as you said. I made it mostly for myself, but why be greedy? Surely there's someone out that that may have a use for this, so I released it to the public with that in mind.

Also, I just wanted to update that Alpha 0.2 is up and available on the codeplex website (along with sourcecode, of course). Support for multiple windows, settings, command line options, etc.

Give it some testing and tell me any issues that arise! I put some hardcore work into trying to make this polished as I could get it under short notice.

Blog Entries

Hi hydracoder,noooo you app does not cause the crash of pwnboxer to be clear...my personal experiance is if you change ingame the option to go windowed in wow..it breaks the pwnboxer..on that window..so you have to exit it and reboot just that window for pwnboxer to see it again...its a pwnboxer issue not your app..(this is without your app running attall,just pwnboxer)
    but if i run pwnboxer and your app ,and make your app borderless and then unborderless/windowed..it does not break pwnboxer..was all i was really saying..which is a good thing.
    (And when i say break pwnboxer,i mean the keystrokes etc are no longer sent to that window)
    the performance increase side of things..no i was not inquiring IF it increased performance...i was just saying from personal experience..i was getting better fps when windowed,than when not..and that i was interested to see,if using your app would do the same..when unborderless/windowed...but i have not yet had the time to try that out yet
    I am being positive about your app not,not anyway negative..i've registered to follow your work..i can give you nothing but praise for trying this..
    When i get the chance i'll have a go at the new release and if i have any problems etc i'll report them..
    I hope this comes across clearer..toodol doo )
    Last edited by honeypot2011 : 05-01-2012 at 06:25 PM

@HydraCoder, thank you for your efforts. v0.2 is working great.

I'll post here if there are any problems or if any ideas come to mind to improve your app.

Thanks for the clarification honeypot2011 :3 I'm glad you're liking the program.

And to you Newbie916, I appreciate the feedback!