Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Default Mage Sheep then not dpsing Macro Question

I just recently Resurrected a few accounts. I'm still not great with writing my own macros (I do try, but alas).

My mage in my group:

Sheeping works fine. Except when I switch to the sheeped target, all of a sudden my mage stops doing dps.
    Here is my macro. It used to work, but I just came back and seems to not work anymore.

Code:
    #showtooltip [target=focus,harm] [] Polymorph
    /stopcasting
    /clearfocus [modifier:shift][target=focus,dead][target=focus,noexists]  
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]  
    /cast [target=focus] Polymorph
    I probably should start over with a clean isboxer and macros, ui. This is the only part I hate about coming back to a game. Is the set-up. I wish it became second nature like it has to all of you but it always takes a few days.

I guess it is happening when I fear as well with a warlock.

Probably the macro.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /focus [target=focus,noexists]
    /clearfocus [mod:alt][target=focus,dead][target=focus,help][target=focus,noexists]
    /cast [target=focus]Fear

I'm guessing it's the same issue you brought up here in October. Your CC macros are setting the mob as your focus target, yet the DPS macros are telling your slave to assist your focus. Since the focus is now a mob and not your master toon and the mobs aren't targeting anything, your slave doesn't have anything to attack.

But you only posted half the equation. It's only guessing if the part that's not working {IE the DPS macro} isn't included in your post.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Are you dpsing fine untill you focus the target? or not dpsing at all?

Doesnt isboxer's FTL not use focus in its assist mechanic?

If your using Action Target Group (ATG) conditionals you might not have your ATG named and populated yet. isboxer doesnt inherently know what toons are what class/specs. Create and populate them to designate what toons get what macros.

Code:
    /script UIErrorsFrame:UnregisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /stopmacro [target=target,noexists] [noharm] [dead]
    !if (character in "Class Shaman Elemental")  /cast Chain Lightning
    !if (character in "Class Death Knight") /cast Blood Strike
    !if (character in "Class Priest") /cast Holy Fire
    !if (character in "Class Warlock") /cast Shadow Bolt
    !if (character in "Class Paladin") /cast Crusader Strike
    !if (character in "Class Mage") /cast Ice Lance
    /script UIErrorsFrame:RegisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    You can learn more about this here. And you can find even more macros like this here.

Last edited by JackBurton : 05-01-2012 at 08:03 AM
    Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it"

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    I'm guessing it's the same issue you brought up here in October. Your CC macros are setting the mob as your focus target, yet the DPS macros are telling your slave to assist your focus. Since the focus is now a mob and not your master toon and the mobs aren't targeting anything, your slave doesn't have anything to attack.

But you only posted half the equation. It's only guessing if the part that's not working {IE the DPS macro} isn't included in your post.
    I may not have solved the issue in October (I temporarily had to stop multiboxing for a bit, not sure specifically when I stopped). I had forgotten I had asked something similar before. Or I thought I had solved it and never actually did.

When I get home today I will post the wow dps Macro specifically. I wouldn't doubt that I am using a poor macro. I usually start with examples posted here... then *attempt* to tweak them with stuff I find elsewhere. But my working knowledge on wow macros is limited since I never took advantage of them before boxing.

Are you dpsing fine untill you focus the target? or not dpsing at all?

Doesnt isboxer's FTL not use focus in its assist mechanic?

If your using Action Target Group (ATG) conditionals you might not have your ATG named and populated yet. isboxer doesnt inherently know what toons are what class/specs. Create and populate them to designate what toons get what macros.
    I dps fine until I target the mob that is sheeped, feared, etc. Then the toon that did the sheeping, fearing, etc stops dpsing.

Currently my macros are in wow - I'm just now messing with your methods having just stumbled upon them 2 nights ago. I have read your post, mercs 2-step posts, Aragents post (which is now closed) like 5 times each, and now am going back to all the help documentation to relearn isboxer. I add something, save, test it, etc. Slowly having success.

I didn't realize isboxer was even capable of doing half of the stuff that it does. Even after reading all the help docs, etc.

If I can get your methods working, I'll be all giddy like a child again for playing WoW. However, it's all moot if I don't get better at writing and messing with my own wow Macros and DPS sequences.
    Last edited by wakasm : 05-01-2012 at 11:20 AM

Blog Entries

If your DPS works fine, up until the point where a specific toon makes a mob their focus.
    And it continues to work for other toons, but stops working for that specific toon.

I would guess that your assist is focus based.
    On your DPS key.

You could check if Focus is getting in the way with a simple macro on the messed up toons.
    Something like /clear focus (or it might be /clearfocus).

If you're using IS Boxer, check your wow DPS macro to ensure it does not have any kind of an assist in it.
    By virtue of IS Boxer's addon, FTL assist is done for you.
    If you drag a spell or macro (no assist in it) onto "1" for each of your toons, and then push 1.
    They each do the spell or macro and auto target whatever the current window is targeting.
    (This is only for keys in the FTL DPS Keymap, or for keys that have been added and include the Keymap Action > FTL Assist Me).

If your macro specifies a target, such as your focus...
    IS Boxer will receive the "1".
    Have all of the other windows, assist via FTL, so they're all targeting whatever the lead is targeting.
    Then send "1" to every window.
    Which would run the macro for the toons, that is on that keybind.
    With the macro telling the character to cast at their focus, or possibly assist their focus and cast, or whatever it says to do.
    If the macro says to assist their focus, and their focus is a mob...

Assuming this is the case, and you remove the assist from the DPS macro, it should work fine.
    You push "1".
    Everyone assists the active window.
    There is no assist in the macro to change target (unless you want there to be).
    And your DPS goes off fine.

Again assuming this is the case...
    You might want to make a couple of mapped keys, for each CC toon.
    The first is toon specific, it has the toon assist the active character and set that target as their focus.
    It might be a good idea to raid icon mark the target (which will work on hostile mobs, but not on hostile players; even if the marking fails the focus won't).
    Then you have a second keybind, which can be common to each CC toon....
    This one will be to the effect: /cast [@focus,exists] CC Spell.
    In this case, directing the attack (CC ability) at a target, via macro, instead of the FTL DPS target is desired behavior.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Just posting my dps macro for my mage: (And it could be bad... I've only made it up to 85 Cata heroics with my main PVE team)

/stopmacro [channeling]
    /assist focus
    /castsequence reset=target/5 Scorch,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Living Bomb,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Living Bomb,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Living Bomb,Fireball
    /cast Pyroblast!
    So from what I understand, if I remove the /assist focus

/stopmacro [channeling]
    /castsequence reset=target/5 Scorch,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Living Bomb,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Living Bomb,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Fireball,Living Bomb,Fireball
    /cast Pyroblast!
    That should fix it. (I'll be able to test tomorrow)

Right now the way I CC (proably the wrong way) is that before a pull... I'll highlight all the mobs that I want to cc... and each cc spell on it's own number (so Polymorph is Shift+5, Fear is Shift+6, etc) and then press the cc buttons each time in order as i need them.

From what I read (and if I am understanding you correctly), I probably want a way to /focus from my main toon + assign a marker (as some visual confirmation as to who is focused) then assign all the cc to a single button press.

Yes, you need to remove that focus from the DPS macro. As I stated in my first response, it's not working because your focus isn't your tank, but your DPS key keeps telling you to assist your focus {the mob you CC'd} and attack. Even if ISBoxer is still sending a command to assist your tank, the macro itself that you are using in WoW is making you reassist that focused target.

What I guess is happening is you focus your target and CC it, then when you go on to DPS non-cc'd targets, ISBoxer is sending the default command to assist your tank. Then it triggers your macro, which is sending both the command to cast whatever step in your castsequence AND the command to assist your focus target {the CC'd mob}. But because your focus has no target and thus nowhere to assist while it is CCd, the ISBoxer assist is "winning", just like if you were to manually target something, start casting a spell and then quickly switch to another target or clear your target before the spell completes casting. That spell will still land on the old target.

Once you hit that focus target as the DPS target, you're getting into a sort of "assist loop" that won't allow the sequence to go off because your tank has a target and ISBoxer is telling your slave to assist the tank to aquire that target, but your focus target is awake now and also has a target...your tank, which is a target you can't cast harmful spells on. Now your WoW macro is "winning" over your ISBoxer assist and your DPS stops dead.

Because of CC requirements, I moved away from using my tank as focus so I could clear up setting a focus for CC. Basically, I pick a target on my tank, mouse over whatever party member should CC the target and hit F4, and that party member marks and focuses the target. I do the same thing for however many mobs I need to CC. Once they are all set up, I hit F4 again while not over the party frames and they all CC at once.

So instead of focus, all my macros use either /assist party1 or /castsequence [@party1target]. But since you are using ISBoxer and it has assist built in, you shouldn't need any assist function built into your WoW macros. Just use the one ISBoxer has and you won't have these conflict issues.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

Thank you Khat - part of my problem is that as I got started, I was copying macros blindly and not really learning them.

I am slowly understanding the actual logic and mechanics better as well as how isboxer works. I started at a crawl. Hopefully now I am slowly working up to a jog with actual understanding =P Sometimes it takes a few tries though.

I will work on trying to recreate how you do your marking and /focus for the cc. I understand the concept logically, I just struggle with setting up isboxer and writing macros. (That's like 90% of the work! lol).

Keep in mind, I don't use ISBoxer. The things I know about how it works comes from limited use several years ago and what I've picked up from reading the various ISBoxer posts here. I couldn't tell you how to set up ISBoxer to do CC the same way I do it or if it's even possible, but I'm sure someone else probably could if there's not a post somewhere already.

ISBoxer can be a huge undertaking, there's nothing wrong with starting off as slow and limited as you want and adding new things bit by bit. There's usually plenty of people around both here and over at the ISBoxer site who are happy to take you step by step through setting things up and explaining how things work until you understand it. That goes for anything about multiboxing, though I'm not sure the ISBoxer site would be the best place to go if you had questions about setting up a different program, lol.