Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Athiss FP impossible

Hey guys - I've been trying to get through Athiss with my team of Vanguard/Commandos (x2)/Sage and I am not doing very well. The beast seems to be impossible to beat!

For those of you who have successfully boxed Athiss, I would like to know a couple of things:
    1. Group Composition
    2. Group Level
    3. Strategy Used

Thanks for your input!
    You better Trek yourself before you wreck yourself!

There's a video of a guy doing Athiss on YouTube with a 4man team. Not sure who it is but it's obvious he's using ISBoxer. His team is a warrior and three Inquisitors.

On the four man note though, I just spent an hour today setting up a four man team and I played around a little bit. I'm gonna love it I know.

I'm starting with a sixth warrior and 3 inquisitors first though. The videos I've seen on YouTube make it seem like a pretty straightforward team.
    Last edited by Treason : 05-14-2012 at 10:31 PM Reason: Pardon the typos, posting from iPhone!

Doom - Yeah, I'd definitely start with a simple group like that with only two classes.

Right now I'm working on getting my completely mixed group (powertech, operative, marauder, sorc) leveled to 21 or 22 so I can have a go at Athiss. I'm liking this group bc I can do a fair amount of damage out to about 10 meters which beats my all melee team hands down.

Do you have any of your groups up to 50 yet? The thing i've been curious about is whether or not doing endgame content is viable with a Multibox team. (Whether or not someone has already accomplished it I mean.)
    I tweet on the twitter about my multiboxing experiences in SWTOR... @laytonjohnny

I just gave Athiss a try. I beat the beast on my 3rd attempt... but I couldn't beat Vodal Kresh after 7 attempts and i've given up for now. =/

I'd like to see someone elses tactics. How do you keep health up on all of your toons? When it's just Kresh, he throws dots on the party members other than the tank and their health starts dropping... So my team is in a constant state of healing, while my tank is the only one DPSing...

They just can't keep up with it, even with all three healing constantly, till one of them dies. Once the first goes down, the other two can't keep up and head down too...

The tank doesn't have to be healed the entire time though and looks to be just about even on health with Vodal. But his health drops pretty quick once he's on his own because Vodal starts changing up his attacks.

I tried just ignoring heals and going straight DPS... but the fight doesnt last long since those dots just rub out my sorcs like it was nothing...

This requires some thought.

---------------------------------

Edit!!

Ok... Thought on it and realized, I haven't even setup any keybinds for my interrupts. I should be interrupting those Dots like a boss....

If I do that, it'll change the fight I'm sure of it. (Back to ISBoxer Batman!)
    Last edited by Treason : 06-05-2012 at 04:43 PM Reason: Re-Evaluated Situation...
    I tweet on the twitter about my multiboxing experiences in SWTOR... @laytonjohnny

Ran through again real quick... The Beast I was able to down like nothing now that I've got a strategy down. I'll upload a video of the first time that I downed it, but now that i've downed him a few times I think i have it under control.

I'll get to editing that video and uploading it tonight.

Still can't beat the Prophet though...

Even with having my interrupts ready, that DOT that he throws out just has too low of a cast time for me to catch it before it goes off.

--------------------------------

EDIT**

Just in case you wanted to see video of how I boxed "the beast" in Athiss. Here it is...

Last edited by Treason : 06-05-2012 at 11:08 PM

Hmmm. Well I tried last night and couldn't beat the beast at lvl 21. I think my main problem is that my DPS is all melee and those knock backs happen too often.

Do your shields prevent any of the DOT? I have it set up so that my sorc auto casts the shield on each toon every 30 seconds if needed. I'd imagine that it would be really easy with 3 sorcs. But I suppose that the damage bypasses the shield.

Check these vids out:
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...iss-all-Bosses

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/4...nts-collection
    Last edited by Riiker : 06-06-2012 at 10:23 PM

Yeah, that Dot goes right through the shields.

How did you set the shields up to autocast every 30 seconds? (I'm at the stage right now where I realize my keymaps arent nearly as sophisticated as they could be and i'm ready to get complicated! )

---------------------

I just noticed in that thread you directed me to, "Remanz" says ...

Quote Originally Posted by remanz View Post
    I wiped a ton at the second boss (beast). The last boss, can't do it without a dispel, so I have to wait for level 24 to do the last boss.

hope this helps those who want to box this instance
    I'm gonna have to log back in and see what "dispel" that he's talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by remanz View Post
    Final boss for Athiss needs dispel OR your healer has to be very good.
    Saw this later in the thread, looks like he was experiencing the same thing that i've been on that last boss...
    Last edited by Treason : 06-06-2012 at 10:48 PM

Yeah. Dispell will clear the DOT from whoever you cast it on.

I beat the beast last night and only had time to take vodal on once. He didn't kill me, those damn fire balls killed me.

As far as the auto cast shield goes:
    I created a mapped key which has 4 steps. Each step targets a different toon and casts the shield.
    I checked the boxes to not proceed to the next step for 7.5 seconds.
    You don't need to check the only activate once box, but you can if you want to.

I put that mapped key into my DPS spam mapped key so everytime I press space bar, the sorc tries to cast shield on each of my toons in order. B/c it doesn't advance for 7.5 seconds, it will complete the cycle every 30 seconds.

I only use this when the boss puts out a bunch of AOE damage.

Thanks for spelling that out for me! =)

I see the way you did that and I like it. I think it's give me more ideas too for my channeled abilities like shock.

On the Prophet of Vodal, those fire balls are killer. But I suspect that they're only actually following one Avatar. If you can figure out which one their following, you can set the other three up somewhere cozy and then just put the fourth one on the runaround.

I'll have to experiment more with that sometime soon...